jesuit #7

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Since this thread deals with "7" I have a attached a "portion" of a monument that contains "7" and a "Cross" this monument is "VERY SPECIAL" and I am only showing a portion for now. In order to show gooith regarding the "yard", I have included a "Lambs Head" for discussion purposes.

I would like to know from the forum who is a "trust worthy" and leading member that I am can count on. Once again thanks to all that have posted your feedback will be welcomed.
View attachment 977854 View attachment 977855

Based on the weathering patterns and character of the rock visible in the first photo, I would not bet that the '7' and 'cross' are man-made. The '7' definitely appears natural. The 'cross' (very crude shape), if carved, seems to be very heavily eroded. If so, that would indicate a soft, easy-to-carve surface. If that was the case, the shape should be much more precise. People leaving carved messages in the uncharted frontier for followers had no reason to rely on subtlety - their carvings were unmistakable.

The lamb is a nice 'looks like' rock, but appears natural - not unusual. By themselves, these photos are interesting, but without more information, it's not apparent that they are 'special' in any way. As far as a recommendation for a reliable advisor, I personally haven't seen any posters on this forum that I would support. Good luck.

TRAIL HUNTER

Apr 13, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate everyone's feedback..... One of the things that is exciting about this site is different perspectives and insight you receive from all the members..."Out of the box thinking" "Common sense approaches" "Experience and Knowledge".... Again thanks to all.....

One of the post in this thread discusses "campsites" this area contained a rock formation that, I believe were "carved" chairs near some of the monuments.... I have attached a couple pic's of the same rock for thoughts and discussion.... I personally sat in the seat and it was a perfect fit and quite comfortable... A good resting spot for sure.... I originally thought a Indian may have carved this since, I found many "old" campfires remains "charcoal"... I read some where on this site about "mummy" shapes and as you can see from one direction this rock seems to have that effect... (By the way that's my travel partner in the other view)....

Has anyone seen this type of chair/formation in the field or did I have to many cerveza's ? Hope the pic's help others as well....

DSC01373-m.jpg DSC01330.JPG

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trail Hunter:
in the photo of the sheep head, if you look straight down from the back of the ear, sitting on top of the flat boulder is a large, flat stone that is standing on edge and is held up by a rock on each side. Sure looks like a pointer stone. On down slightly lower are 3 drill holes. Back up on the very top of the forehead is a large, carved area that gives the look of an excised, circular shape with several symbols on it. One thing on it is large, black "6". Many say the "6" is a bad luck sign and is forbidden by the Spanish Church to be used........or something like that. Well, the Spanish were only ONE of the several groups who have worked these areas.

In the last photo, that might be a chair, but it could easily be the hole for a worship shrine where the statue would stand on the flat bottom. Just suggesting an alternate use other than a chair. You mention finding several old campfire spots that would reinforce the shrine idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the chair/shrine photos Trail hunter, thanks for showing them. your companion is cool too. i would camp there. like SS said of othere groups, iam sure people have passed and camped there for thousands of years

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
looks like dry wash tailing piles. The stack of rocks is either an old claim marker corner for the dry wash area, or part of a mine/cache layout. Has a nice white eye catcher. Any other big boulders or stacks of rocks nearby?

I guess your not into spanish symbols and signs eh Quinoa? Don't even know what your looking at lol

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The photo I posted that looks like a Kenworthy photo I just found out that I've been there at that very spot.

Well at least close enough to see it from a distance.

I know where this spot is at and believe me when I tell you it's a hard arse climb!

If you wanted to get there you'd need climbing gear and about four days of hiking climbing and camping.
I never put two and two together but now that I see that it's very similar to the Kenworthy site only in a different area of the Superstition's I may just head there someday soon.

I have a photo of an upside down heart somewhere I may post it. Someone said if you find an upside down heart dig there. Well I think I just found one in my photo archives.

Start digging.

I would very much like to know more about a upside heart as a dig here sign. Do you know why a user would say that? Now I have found a heart near a few entrances so I am curious. While the only markings I have found marking a spot was underground. You first have to know where the spot is??? I think digging at a upside down heart may prove fruitless. So if anyone has some success I will try it too.

heart2.jpg

Here is two more examples of hearts near a entrance:

heart1.jpg heart3.jpg Both hearts are a map. simple as that. They guard a secret. Digging here would be a waste of time.

This is a example of a buried clue at a hole:
100_1572.jpg I wont decode it, just giving a example.

Here is another hidden sign marking a ...lets just call it a hole:
Cross6.jpg

Last here is a real marking of what is here. This sign says what is here:
halfavera.jpg

This last sign has a heart and many things in it, as has been said before you have to decode in layers. Its a bit of play on light but shows just what your up against. I wont show you the stone in the entrance of the hole with the number on it. But The seven is nearby these pictures in many forms. It marks camps and ore. It also is part of other signs. This is my favorite sign, see if you can find the heart? Look for a large light colored woman next to the dark colored priest:
woman2man.jpg

Last edited:

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#7 SYMBOL IMAG0866.JPG
Carved #7 found on small boulder, approx. a foot long. The size of the carved #7 is approx. an inch long on right-side area of boulder. This was found in a wash below some old mines. These mines looked Spanish because of the monuments found around them. I wonder if this a Jesuit #7 or carved by another group?

THE TRUTH IS FOUND OUT THERE

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread