USA

Attachments

• Hoot7.jpg
    Hoot7.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 951

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
In fact when you learn how the KGC put down their treasures...

Attachments

• Hoot8.jpg
    Hoot8.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 942

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
You learn that there is no "center of the layout".
Big Hoss

Attachments

• Hoot9.jpg
    Hoot9.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 920

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. sounds like you weren't impressed with that episode of Decoded, either. :laughing7:

S

Smee

Some Native American Trail Marker Trees, but several "casualty trees". The trail trees will not lead to treasure. Always check for KGC sign on those bent trees. If there's no KGC markings, then they aren't KGC trees.

The real trail trees are living relics, not many left, and the only "treasure" they would ever lead to was something of a personal nature and has probably turned to dust.

If you're interested in knowing the difference, PM me and I'll be happy to explain.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Smee said:
Some Native American Trail Marker Trees, but several "casualty trees". The trail trees will not lead to treasure. Always check for KGC sign on those bent trees. If there's no KGC markings, then they aren't KGC trees.

These are KGC pointer trees. I found these trees because the symbols told me what they were and where they were. Not all, in fact most of them do not have any blaze or rocks associated with them.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Smee said:

The real trail trees are living relics, not many left, and the only "treasure" they would ever lead to was something of a personal nature and has probably turned to dust.

If you're interested in knowing the difference, PM me and I'll be happy to explain.

yep prob trail marker trees
mountainborn, at the link you can find a lot of info links on the trees, take a lot of pics from all sides if you could
and its gps,send it to one of the Mountain Stewards, so there is a history of the tree,preserved, unless you really
think it is a kgc tree,then keep it secret,document anyway,so if it turns out not to be a kgc tree,u still have its history
nice tree, ive seen 2 in w.va. and both pointed to springs

http://www.wildsouth.org/index.php/cultural-heritage
http://www.google.com/search?source...rlz=1T4GFRC_enUS322US322&q=trail+tree+markers
http://www.greatlakestrailtreesociety.org/trail_tree_gallery.html

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
cw0909 said:
Hoss KGC , are all those trees in dif states,counties ect., thats a heck of a collection you have

All those trees that I posted are within a few miles of each other. I only scratched the surface. I probably have between 50 and 75 different pointer trees. Almost as many carved beech trees. If I could be more free with information, I could prove that they are KGC and treasure related. If people choose to argue, then so be it. :dontknow:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoss KGC said:
cw0909 said:
Hoss KGC , are all those trees in dif states,counties ect., thats a heck of a collection you have

All those trees that I posted are within a few miles of each other. I only scratched the surface. I probably have between 50 and 75 different pointer trees. Almost as many carved beech trees. If I could be more free with information, I could prove that they are KGC and treasure related. If people choose to argue, then so be it. :dontknow:

Hoss KGC, i have a theory on those trees that look like indian trail marker trees,with the kgc signs on them, i think the kgc
prob picked those trees because they were distinctive to begin with, and those were used to throw you off the trail,and/or
maybe only one carving on the tree, is the one and only info mark, you would need
it takes a long time to bend, grow that trail tree,and some of the pics ive seen, of those trees with what looks like kgc marks
on them, just could not have been bent and grown by the kgc,not enough time,some of the trees are 200+yrs, kgc only started
marking the tress in the mid 1800s, so take 1863, and the tree you have found is 250yrs now, and minus the time passed from
2011-1863 =148 minus that from the 250-148, so the tree was 100+yr old when the kgc put the mark on it
ive never seen one close up on site,the 2 guys i know, that are studying the trees, will not show them to anyone LOL
i talked to the 2 guys about my theory, and their opinion is what better tree to use, it makes it easier for the other kgc to find it
IDK its just a theory, im prob completely wrong
and the guy that started this thread is still out and about
http://mountainborn.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/MOUNTAINBORN

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cw0909:
Your idea makes very good sense. The best place to hide something is "in plain sight". The Masons had various code symbols that they'd put into brick curtain walls of buildings they helped build just like the Knights Templar did in the designs of the temples they constructed. The KGC were no dummies so they would have known how to make their trail signs "disappear" in plain sight.

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
Weekender,
I can't say whether it is or is not. I have found plenty of trees that appear to be pointers but they were never referenced by the carvings in the layout. The trees that I pictured in this thread are "referred" to or "told about" in the carvings. Also I will say that pointing trees can occur naturally.

One of the reasons the trees I pictured are indisputably KGC created is because I found them in the carvings and then went to the location and found them where the carvings said they would be. The carvings gave me bearings, and these trees are pointing those bearings.

The key is you must start at the beginning. The best way to do this is to find the map trees. The map tree will tell you where the beginning is, or send you to the carvings that tell you where the beginning is. You will be lead to a marker by a pointer tree and the carvings will tell you where to find it and what bearing the tree is pointing. Keep in miind, if you find a pointer tree, and you follow it with your metal detector, and you find a buried marker, this is not necesserily the beginning of a treasure layout. You know this from the carvings.

Good luck,
Big Hoss

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Big Hoss,

Thank you for giving out some info. Hope you continue to do so. Here is a tree that some folks would say is too young to be a marker.

Oddrock

Attachments

• 539132-R1-06-6A (640x432).jpg
    539132-R1-06-6A (640x432).jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 804

Hoss KGC

May 30, 2003
USA
When I first got started, I too decided that a tree was too young to be utilitzed. This turned out to cost me lots of time until I proved that it was indeed the 3rd marker in the layout. One thing I have noticed, while lots of trees are smaller in size, their bark does actually look old. I can't explain it, I can only prove that the tree is being used. Unfortunately, the current layout that I was working got clear cut late last year. One of the trees that was used was laying on the ground waiting to be hauled away and made into 2X4's. I took pictures of the end so that I could count the rings. I haven't done this yet, there are a lot of them.
Take care,
Big Hoss

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's sad that a lot of folks around my part of the country are having to allow loggers and pulpwood cutters to come in and clear cut their trees in order to have enough income to pay their bills. Just another direct effect of the crappy economy we're stuck with. NO, this is not an attempt to get sidetracked on politics. It's a pure fact and if anyone is following any trails like Hoss is doing; you'd better keep a close eye out for this situation in YOUR part of the country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread