tree2sm.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 591
  • tree3sm.jpg
    tree3sm.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 588

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Thanks Ark

What a wonderful Christmas Present! This is totally awesome!

First time checking the posts...the Christmas Holiday has been a whirlwind of activites with my grandkids. The University closes for the holidays so we have 10 days off!

I am thinking of going down to the camper by the river this weekend;turn on the heat and close myself inside....although I just heard the weather report and its going to rain and maybe snow!

Thanks so much for the beautiful Indian Thong Tree Photo. I am going to share this with a a few other tree enthusiasts!

By the River

OP
OP
A

arkobnrs

Feb 8, 2006
You are very welcome. This is the tree I have told you about. I knew you would appreciate it.

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
i've been a lurker for some time....until yall started talking about these trees then i had to register. i ride in missouri alot. i see these trees all the time. i'll share a couple i've come across....that is if i can post these pictures...

i would like to learn more about these trees.

this picture shows an opening in the background...it is a cave. you have to crawl in on your belly, then it opens up into a nice sized shelter area you can stand up in...
Dscn0356.jpg

not sure what this tree is pointing at....
DSCN0503.jpg

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Once you have seen an "Indian Bent Tree" you never get over it.

You enter into a WWW (who, where and why) mystery zone of at least 200+ years ago. As I stand in front one of these trees and gaze at their magnificent bend and wonder where it is leading me too. Could it be a nice cool spring of fresh water, maybe a nice cave to rest overnight. Could it be the big hunting ground where I will be able to find food for the family, herbs to be used as medicine for an ailment!

There are plenty of these trees in the Ozark area. If you want to find more tree enthusiast's, set up a "Goggle alert" for Indian Thong Trees, Indian Trail Trees, Indian Bent Trees or Indian Trail Markers. This will keep you updated on a daily basis as new trees are discovered and someone makes a comment on their websites. This is how I found this forum.

Arbkors had sent in a question about bent trees and Goggle alerted me to bring up this site.

I have been searching since I read an article in 1970. The Lake Sun newpaper had an article about the trees along with an photograph and directions to this tree. Mom and I were so excited we drove to see this tree, it was very close to our lake cabin. We drove past this tree every weekend since 1950 and never knew what it was, we saw it as an oddity of nature. WOW!

You know there are some doubters regarding these trees, but don't let it discourage you. I have found out so much more about trees; an area I never had any knowledge on, except they were good for shade! LOL

Happy to have a new tree buddy that shares the same interest.

By the River

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
yeah once i figured out they weren't just freaks of nature, i see them all the time. some of them are obvious to what they are marking (as in the pic of the one with the cave)....others not so obvious. i know that in the one tree pic that i'm not sure where it is pointing that if you ride in the direction of the first bend up from the ground you will come to a large river in about 2 miles or so. if you go in the direction of the second bend going up, it goes uphill to a dirt road but not sure where it goes beyond that as there is private property that is fenced so one has to either go left or right down the dirt road.

BTR do you know if the direction of the bends are significant and also i read somewhere about the significance of the knobs on the bend going upright but it didn't go into detail, just said they were man-made and were significant.

thx for your info...

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
The language of the trees is a secret language! Only the native americans knew what they meant and they kept it as their personal secret not to be shared. This was the only one thing that the first "illegal immigrants" were not able to take from them.

The markings on the nose were significent as they described what they were pointing to. They were marked by burning's and placing charcoal pieces into the scared nose. Only they knew what it was for. Herbs, medicine, hunting grounds, other friendly indian camps, safe areas of refuge.

While driving down a back road we caught a glimpse of a big Indian Thong Tree, as we stopped to get a better look and actually climbed the fence to the area (the owners of the property were not home" sorry! We noticed several more trees as well as a spring. One of the other signs was there was a clear indication that this area was used an encampment. The ground around the trees was sort of like in a bowl shaped area. There I stood taking in all of this history when I realized that there was also a buffalo tree. This tree was used to scrape the hides of animals. I was able to picture them standing on each side of the tree as they scraped the hide over the "U" or the shape of a "4".

A man who lived in the area approached us while we were walking back to our car; he wanted to know if we were Real Estate Agents. We told him what we had just discovered and told us there was another encampment close by "down by the hollow", Eureka, we found it! He said his family has always owned land in this area and was aware of the American Indians that were a part of their lives.

I spoke to a person who knows someone who may be able to interpret some of the signs and knows some of the language. He is a very private person and rarely speaks to anyone. So we have to be very cautious!

We are attempting to meet sometime this early spring. I have been waiting for this since last summer!

The pictures you posted are they from the Ozark area in Missouri? When you say "ride" are you on horseback?

By the River

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
There is also that possibility that it could be a KGC tree. Could be a Jesuit Marker also.

This is what I was arefering to when I said there were so many things I had learned about trees. I have been enlightened my mind has been strectched to other areas besides Indian Bent Trees; althought they are my greatest passion of research.

Hopefully Dowser 501 will see this post and have something to add to our base of information.

Bythe River

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Have you followed the signs to the vault?

Now that you have introduced us to Hootowl trees, when is the next lesson?

By the River

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Many copies of Indian thong trees that you are speculating on, are all Jesuit grown. The Indian grown tree markers are mostly older and are different in a way that is hard to explain.They are of special interest to me as we have many on the foreshore at Port Phillip Bay Melbourne Victoria Australia. I am at the hopefully final stages of a three year almost full time study of these coded trees. I am waiting for the dowsing season to commence any day now to positively confirm my investigations.

I am absolutely positive that they are indicators as to where Jesuits caches are stored underground. The accompanying photo was taken next to a toilet block at West Rosebud, on the bay. Digging down three inches below the surface of the parsons nose on the upward bend produced a fist sized piece of quartz, taken from the gold fields 200 miles inland, proving that the Jesuits were mining for gold here in Australia 200 years before Captain Cook allegedly discovered Australia.

They always use subtle hints as to what is buried underground. Quartz or slate for gold, or a handfull of crushed oyster shell for pearls (not directly underneath)

We have many of these carefully trained trees near our boatshed, plus other versions of treasure cache markers such as branches miming tunnels and fully circled branches which are also pointers.

I posses maybe a thousand or more photos of these interesting cache pointers.
There are countless examples here in Australia. I suspect that because our boatshed was built on a site that was a perfect choice, the Jesuits also chose the same site. Until I dowse underneath the concrete I wont know what went on hundreds of years ago.
THere are many mimed instructions of how to dig for caches all around the shed that also have to be investigated.I have already (last winter) followed one lot of instructions under the back corner of the shed. Even found two ancient chemical grenades. Balls of clay mixed with straw wrapped around around the end of a throwing handle and soaked in acid. Kept me away from that dig for days.
I have even found log lined trenches hundreds of years old , with miming instructions of the caching system used in that area. Over the years I have found many Jesuit artifacts, but the Australian Government refuses to even discuss the matter. They don't want their history books altered to eliminate Captain Cook as the discoverer of Australia, and by nearly 200 years. Even the Spanish embassy doesnt want anything to do with my explorations.
The Jesuits even brought their families with them. I discovered the remains of a childs toy iron moulded beach spade up a Jesuit tunnel in the side of a hill.
The child played in the tunnel while dad buried the box of silver crammed with pearls further inland.
Last photos are the top of a jesuit road map, miming the direction to travel to treasure. There is a bat and a ball being discharged in a certain direction, miming the code.

Max

Attachments

• P8020008.JPG
    P8020008.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 465
  • P8020009.JPG
    P8020009.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 455
  • P5180006.JPG
    P5180006.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 470
  • image017.jpg
    image017.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 437
  • P6100001.JPG
    P6100001.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 449

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
BOAT & DOWSER: thx for the info, its very interesting...i see now i'm gonna have to do some digging (in more ways than one!!!)...LOL

BTR: yes we are horseback and yes we are in the ozarks. the place is a couple of hours east of springfield. i ride there several times a year. now i see i will have to get "off trail" and scope out what these trees are saying. i can't tell you how many of these trees i have found in the past years. i started taking pictures of them when i found out they weren't freaks of nature. i found two other ones when i took pictures of the two i posted but didn't take pictures of....one the trail happened to go in the direction the bend going up to the top of the tree was pointing. we came to a nice large cave. the cave went back about 300 yards before it narrowed down and you had to skinny in on your stomach. i don't do dark tight places so thats as far as i went, however i shined a good light into it and it opened up into another room. the other tree i saw had a "double" bend if that makes sense....the main truck went straight up to the tree top but two arms were bent non-naturally. one bend pointed toward the direction (due north) of the cave i just described, which in turn would have led you to the thong tree i described pointing to the cave....the other arm pointed in the direction (due west) of a large river which was another 1/2 mile or so in that direction which also just happens to be a natural ford....a good place for a horse to cross without soaking its rider... :D

they have these trees out there that the locals call "snotty nose" trees. the only way i can describe them is they have a huge phallic looking appendage. are these man-made or a freak of nature? there are several of them in these woods as well. after what BOAT and DOWSER said, i'm wondering of the appendage is pointing to treasure??? :o

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
wow what happend to the hootyowl tree? i read about it before i posted, then i went back and the post is gone! ???

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Rack

Check out this site: http://downesstudio.net/trail_marker_tree.html

The Hoot owl tree was posted by Boat Tow...don't know what happened to it. It was there, but looks like he may have deleted his posts from the thread.

Since the trees are called trail trees, they are easy to spot from the road...Indians marked the trails and the highway department opened up roads for our modern day usage!

When ever you are in the area of Laurie Mo. go to the Indian Rock Golf Club...ask where you can find the bent trees; there are several on the grounds. There is also a huge Rock outcropping in the back of a house next to one of the many roads on the grounds. This big house was for sale and no one was around so we took advantage of the situation drove up the driveway and admired the strange large rock formation.

At the time I was not familiar with treasure sites or markings, but now, who knows what can be found under this rocky area.

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
BTR: dude...go back and pick around those rocks!!! was a bent tree pointing to it? so far i don't think the bent trees i've seen point to any pile of rocks...i'll have to double check next time i go back to mo. all of them i have seen point to rivers, springs, caves or nothing that i can tell....

now is the time of year to check them out. no brush and stuff that makes you itch for weeks!!! :D

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
That Rock is about 2 stories tall and 1/2 block long....this Granny aint climbing them! The Rock grew out of the ground and formed a huge rock wall. They are on private property.

As a matter of fact the homeowneres built a large basketball court next to the rocks. The concrete driveway circles and butts up the back door of their home. The back door opens to the basketball court and the "Rock Wall"...dont think they will appreciate me attempting to scale that wall. LOL!

By the River

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
ok sorry, then u b a dudette!!! ;)

well, i wonder if the new home owners know about the thong trees....also, i wonder if there are any markings on the rock....i had a thought last night going home, i should mark gps coordinates on the thong trees i find while riding....that way if the tree ever gets cut down or it falls down, it'll be documented where it was....

drat for having to work for a living...i have BETTER things to do! :D

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Haven't gone back to Laurie Mo since last year.....I spend most of my weekends at my camper By The Niangua River! Hence my name! One of my sons knew I loved to camp with my friends, so he bought a used 5th wheel and placed it at one of the many RV campgrounds in and around Bennett Springs for my use....I love it!

I think that the house on the golf range probably belongs to the golf club!

In all of my years I had never heard about Spanish Treasure and their markings. I never looked at a rock as a marker for treasures to be located. Rocks have always intrigued me..I just always knew there was something more to them then just a big overgrown pebble!

Since finding this site in July 06 my mind has expanded and taken me to far away places I have never been before.

I have to work too, I make time from the day to review the posts on this site....seems like I would rather be in the woods finding trees or large rocks and By The River to Read the precious word of the Lord! After all He created this lovely place to live!

This is a beautiful day today..

BTR

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
BTR: if you are by the NIANGUA then there is ALOT of indian camps there. there was a guy i worked with here (he retired) he wrote a book and had pictures of all the indian stuff he found on land along the niangua. i mean this guy found TONS of stuff. has em all organized in cases with labels and things. arrowheads, spears, tools, everything you can imagine. i am not sure of the town he was near tho....i read his book when he got it all together just before he was submitting it to a publisher.

now i'm wondering if he knew about thong trees....i'll have to look up his number and give him a call.

i know what you mean. i have been lurking on this site and would LOVE to live where i could go hunt stuff just out my back door. as it is, i have to drive a half day minimum just to get somewhere good!!! all that i could find here is milo stubble and wheat stalks. ::)

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Rack

Great idea to GPS the location. Do a Goggle Search to find a Master Garden Club in the areas you find the trees. They are interested in authenticating and marking the trees.

Keep in mind the Eminent Domain law; land owners become very skittish when they have a piece of history on their land.

Happy looking and hunting

BTR

racknroll

Jan 2, 2007
BTR: yeah, one problem is that where i ride is alot of national forest land....or scenic riverway land. we never really know when we get on private land unless whoever bought the private land doesn't want horses on it so they put up NO TRESPASSING signs....alot of times, the signs are only on one side of a tree and we don't see it until we EXIT the land the sign was referencing...OOPS :o

but i understand the rules on national forest land, and i couldn't really do anything about treasure retrieval ;) BUT i can personally document these bent trees on my own map.....RIGHT???? :-\

this area is in shannon county, shannon county is a pretty poor county so i don't know what kind of agencies they have for protecting things like these trees....they just barely protect the land they have now....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread