homestead-hunter

Jan 18, 2013
Roswell, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
BH Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know where this map is located, but it sure looks like the Jornada del muerte. The brown dirt being desert and maybe stone are the cache sites.

jornada.jpg

735255d1359911624-spanish-map-img_4949-800x533-.jpg

I think the brown colored mud in the very bottom right is white sands with the black being the san andres mts.

Last edited:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, I hope you can for give me, I am having some health problems. Will get back to you all I hope soon.

I wish to thank you all. Chas

You are forgiven. I understand you have a life outside of TNET. I'll be out west in June. I will actually put some boots on the trail, man,
it's been too long.

OP
OP
Chas

Chas

Aug 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, Once again thanks for all your thoughts. I had knee surgery on the 4/11/13. So I will be out for the yr. But Again Thank You.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
I turned one of a group of boulders that was about knee high and found a carved map on the bottom the one marked ---nice duck head--- , reminds me of it too because how its sitting, one man tries to turn it over and find that its sitting in your lap, be VERY careful. Two men can turn it over up hill. It should be pointing to a drill hole or another symbol less than 300 feet away, the one I worked was one side of a windrose that tells you how everything is layed out. May be something 30 degrees and 90 feet

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found this thread and really enjoyed the imaginations of just nearly everyone. For those of you who think Springfield is off the wall, it might not hurt for you to pull up a chair and listen to him. Where some of you got the wild ideas of what you see and have identified them in the pictures I have no idea.

In this picture you have three identifiers and two paths to follow:
attachment.php

I copied this picture because it is the better example. At the bottom you have a rock pointing up and slightly to the left toward the ledge. Above this rock you have another pointer rock that points up to the left slightly to the ledge at the same location. This is the trail you are to follow. There is no treasure at this site as much a you would all like to believe. On the front side of the second rock you see white caliche plaster. This looks like a map, but it is hard to determine without being there.

In another picture of this site it shows an open space without rocks going up to the top of the ledge. If you look, you can see this is a trail without to much difficulty.

As much as you want to show your stuff, and want to believe there is a treasure here, there is not. Don't try to put more into than what is there. The Spanish or Mexicans, made things plain and simple in most respects, but they did hide them to a certain degree, but still they kept them simple.

As far a death traps go, there is no death trap here. Sorry to break the news to you, but you need to go up, over the ledge, and start looking for more signs. If you notice at the top of the ledge you see a V and a white rock (eye catcher probably mde out of caliche). The V is the same thing as a pointer arrow.

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone commented already since I didn't read all of the post, but on your map I see what looks like three, if not four trails on the lower right. One wiggles going up to the right, another is three or more rocks going to the right, another starts with an orange rock and goes up to the right. Could the big black rock be a mountain, hill, mesa, with trails on the SE side. The other rocks that are stand alone's on this map could be mines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread