Bear Spanish Monuments

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0765.JPG IMAG0764.JPG LIGHTNING BOLT AND BEAR HEAD (DEATH TRAP WARNINGS) CARVED ON BOOBY-TRAPPED ENTRANCE. Do some Bear monuments lead to a natural cave? Caves are fun to explore but could be dangerous. If anyone finds a cave and decides to explore it, be on guard for death-trap warnings left by the Spaniards, if they were there.

(DO NOT ENTER THESE BOOBY TRAPPED ENTRANCES) The Spaniards left their death-trap warnings using rock carvings located around these entrances. These booby trapped entrances were set up to entice the searchers (intruders) of their mines to enter.

[Book by kenworthy: DEATH TRAPS TO TREASURE explains the death traps used and what to look for. Look out for cracks in the caves/mines ceiling that may result in a cave-in. NOTE: The Spanish also used the BEAR to warn of DEATH-TRAPS on or near there mines! Usually accompanied with other DEATH-TRAP warnings as the LIGHTNING BOLT, SNAKE HEAD, CRACKED HEART, PART OF A HEART MISSING, THE TIP OF THE HEART CUT OFF [looks like a widened ''V'', a point with sloped shoulders], BAD LOOKING FACE PROFILES [sometimes with distorted expressions and mouth frowning], etc. These carvings can be carved on a large rock surface or shaped carved rocks and boulders.

HAVE AWARENESS, don't get struck by lightning {the booby-traps left by those clever, sneaky death-trap setting Spaniard's}. Also keep in mind that there could be many death-traps set, not only at the entrance but also in the tunnel or shaft. This is why it is very dangerous entering any mine that is booby-trapped.

Watch out for snakes. I've seen a snake curled up in a small nook {crevice} on the wall of a mine and it's head was even with the surface of the wall and ready to strike. Luckily I saw it, my flashlight caught it's tongue flicking in the dark, deep inside the mine. {carry a snake-bite kit}. It should be used within a couple a minutes after a snake bite, before the body absorbs all the venom. Then get to a doctor for treatment as soon as possible. [Don't forget any wild animals you may encounter in a cave, '' bear, mountain lion, bob-cat, etc]. Being prepared can save one's life, with bear pepper-spray. The good thing about using pepper spray is the animal stays alive also. -- After all a bear's cave is his castle. IMAG1741 - Copy.JPG IMAG1719 - Copy.JPG IMAG1733 - Copy.JPG IMAG1736 - Copy.JPG IMAG1759.JPG IMAG1758.JPG

LARGE BEAR HEAD SKYLINE MONUMENT There are 2 bear-heads {DEATH TRAP WARNING}, the larger one, on top left and a bear-cubs head on top right. Notice round ears of the bear cub outlined by the sunlit sky. The thin cut outline of this bear-cubs mouth looks like a bird-sign symbol {pg.47} with a pull-sign {short dash} pg. 47-48. [In Kenworthy's book: Treasure Signs, symbols . . . ., he explains these symbols. {pg. #'s listed}

Attachments

• IMAG0293 (2) - Copy.JPG
    IMAG0293 (2) - Copy.JPG
    805.9 KB · Views: 616
Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the face I circled in yellow is human and the area circled in red if filled with different symbols. Those symbols are in the frontal area of a type of head piece similar to what the Arabs wear / wore in the desert.

IMAG0293 (2) - Copy.JPG

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking interest and your input. Just got back from mountains, been there 2 weeks. Yes looks like a human face in this picture. While out in the mountains went and located this monument outcrop and took another picture of same monument at different time of day. The sun was shining on front of face and took picture at different angle and closer. Looks more like a Bear face in this picture. IMAG0954.JPG [SPEAKING HYPOTHETICALLY]: It's 2 carvings incorporated together, the human face on the face of the bear-face. The different carvings are to be seen at different times of the day. Those clever stone-cutters did this type of carving often to disguise them, incorporating multiple carvings into one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0299 (2).JPG After the bear monuments on the trail came on this monument. Looks like a bear in a sitting position facing right with it's head looking right. If you zoom in this picture it does not look like a bear. Next picture is close up of bear face of bear in sitting position. Does not look like bear face in close-up. IMAG0300 (2).JPG

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same picture as 2 bear head monument farther away. IMAG0298 (2).JPG

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last picture- big "O" in the middle, Big "O" on the right, upsidedown or reflection "R" between them. Hold a mirror below your picture and look at it in the mirror like it was a reflection on water.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, will check it out. Will keep on adding more pictures and updates on where these monuments lead me each time I travel to mountain. I go out there on and off, a week or two at a time, quite often. My thrill is making all kinds of discoveries with adventures and the exercise is great; trail riding, hiking and mountain climbing all over. GOD is good.

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0294 (2).JPG Found close to the 2 bear monument. The lighter colored boulder in the, 'top right hand corner of photo looks like a animal face profile looking left. I traveled in that direction on the trail.

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0296 (2).JPG IMAG0295 (2).JPG Next monument found going in same direction, heading east. Face profiles looking east up canyon, towards the flanks of the mountain. Other photo is taken at base of the face profiles.

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0297 (2).JPG Rock outcrops like these seen on the way, on the old trail. The large boulder on the upper left; looks like a bear face profile looking up left towards the sky at a 45 degree angle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pic in post #8, image0294-2 is a spanish heart composed of 3 large rocks. There is a lightning bolt coming in from left the hitting the bottom rock. The rock with the lightning bolt on it is also an eagle.
Just looked at photo and it does look like a heart. Lighting bolt would mean death trap warning. Thanks for info. Need to be on guard of death traps if an entrance is found.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Trailrider, my experience has been most often (but not always) bear heads tend to look to an overhang, cave or artificially formed small cave. About 60 percent of the bear heads I've seen worked like that.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello trailrider and desertmoon.yoy both have beautiful markings ,why are yous jumping around im familiar with one of yous .the top photo of your bear is looking down and to the left.may I ask where you both live ?.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trailblazer,you have to search hard .your fork picture will talk to you but you have to study it.you have two large mines.im sure you can see them on the rock.but also look for markings around it.look to right and left for markings.left side shows direction of two mines. They are on a heart on the ground.now go back standin the heart and look for them.it also says there is one tunnel that connects to both of them.
REMEMBER IM NOT ACTING SMART.JUST TRYING TO HELP YOU.
GOOD LUCK
TOM

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0322 (2).JPG Passing deer posing for me at back floor of basin below rock waterfall.

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boulder monument at bottom of basin. IMAG0324 (2).JPG IMAG0323 (2).JPG

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0327 (2).JPG Monument boulder formation on floor of basin.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Hello trailrider and desertmoon.yoy both have beautiful markings ,why are yous jumping around im familiar with one of yous .the top photo of your bear is looking down and to the left.may I ask where you both live ?.

Trailrider, remember I mentioned bear heads..not full bears. Just in case I did not make that clear. You know, if it was a natural cave, it might be likely that it was marked by Natives too. It may be worthwhile to pick up The Rocks Begin to Speak book for that reason as there may be parallel set of marks that are Native. . Well it is a wonderful book anyway and gives me a lot of pleasure when I can recognize things like hidden water sources from Native symbols on the rock, or better yet to be able to at least partially read a panel telling a story. Um..Reminds me I need to return my borrowed copy as I was gifted with my very own. This week..I promise.

Peralta, I used to post a lot. I had the experience of some fellow travelers going through and working one of my sites after I had posted pics of it. They were not very discreet. So I do not mention my location. I did jump around a lot, for several reasons. 1. I figured if I just saw enough different areas, patterns would emerge so for a few years that's what I did. Surveyed my area in a very broad sense. 2. I was not interested in treasure hunting but in looking for traces of ancients , aztec migration and just solving the "code" and determining the undocumented hidden history. I have to laugh at myself. I remember saying - You are a modern gal, smart..no problem. Just see enough examples and the patterns will become crystal clear. ROFLMAO. 3. The artistry and iconography are quite interesting to me. Trying to determine who did what, through the cultural themes and memes displayed in the rock art. Then thinking that through to speculate on what that culture was concerned with, what myths and legends were important to them. Researching legends and myths and older cultures is fun for me. 3. Along the way I had a couple of mystical experiences that directed me out of my planned way to certain areas and mysteries to solve that I had no intention to go to. But..what is one to do.

If I were going to write a treasure book, I'm afraid it would not be much help. It would be things like this..

Sitting in a shallow open ended golden canyon in the summer browned, sparse grass. . The sun warm but not too warm. Sitting and just waiting. Not a soul in sight.No expectations of any event, yet i waited.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif] I looked at the grass and thought about water. How it was the lifeblood of their travels. How one time I followed bird sounds in a dry, boulder strewn land to find a small pocket of water in a boulder, perhaps a gallon at most, I gazed at it..closely. Any life in it, any larvae not visible. I then backed off .and the few birds came back singing their hallelujah of joy at this manna.[/FONT]

Silence except for the rarest occasional softest breeze. Ra the sun god, starting his journey downward. Soon would be the magic hour, when light turned to honey colored strands that flowed over rock and land and the air sparkled with golden motes. But that was not it. Not for what i waited.

I knew not what i waited for.

My mind calmed and grew still. Bluff golden walls bracketed me in this open canyon. Not too tall.

I waited. And drew a few sips of water from my water bottle.

Then I heard it, a soft buffet..a softest whoomph puff whoomph puff sound..

I gazed from where I had come,looking down the canyon, pulling my straw hat brim down against Ra's bright glare. I saw...nothing.

I slowly, ever so slowly, with many pauses, turned my body and head, to look behind me. One hand moving to my pack that lay within hands reach..a poor shield if needed. Snake..rattle? Did i really know the sound of a rattlenake, a lion? Had the canyon changed the sound. Was it a lion breathing? I knew enough to know I did not know enough about wild lands.

My eyes traveled over clumps of brown and sere colored grass, the small piles of stones..looking close. I was totally alert but not scared.

Woomph..puff.puff.

Nothing. Ah then the walls of the canyon. .Perhaps an animal up there. I followed lines and curves, bumps and protuberances. I noticed how close the magic hours were.

During the magic hours the procession of shadow people and animals come out from the rocks. Hidden during the day,they wait, to come alive only for an hour or three. Out of the rocks and out of the past. They dance, and have learned conversations with each other. Their animals settle down. The wise king, the graceful lady..others. An ephemeral existence yet centuries they have lived as such.

Whoomph puff puff. So soft a sound.

Finally my eyes lifted to the blue blue sky. About 50 feet above me were the guardians of this canyon. Two crows. They circled down, then up. The woomph puff puff was the beating of their wings. The only sound ... ebony wing on soft warm air they swam through the unseen ocean that surrounds us.

They were checking me out,

I let them.

Crows have their own mythology you know. so i watched and and remembered what i could of crows. I waited no more. This was it. A message, a learning..a turning just a bit more to the mystic.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Trailrider, remember I mentioned bear heads..not full bears. Just in case I did not make that clear. You know, if it was a natural cave, it might be likely that it was marked by Natives too. It may be worthwhile to pick up The Rocks Begin to Speak book for that reason as there may be parallel set of marks that are Native. . Well it is a wonderful book anyway and gives me a lot of pleasure when I can recognize things like hidden water sources from Native symbols on the rock, or better yet to be able to at least partially read a panel telling a story. Um..Reminds me I need to return my borrowed copy as I was gifted with my very own. This week..I promise.

Peralta, I used to post a lot. I had the experience of some fellow travelers going through and working one of my sites after I had posted pics of it. They were not very discreet. So I do not mention my location. I did jump around a lot, for several reasons. 1. I figured if I just saw enough different areas, patterns would emerge so for a few years that's what I did. Surveyed my area in a very broad sense. 2. I was not interested in treasure hunting but in looking for traces of ancients , aztec migration and just solving the "code" and determining the undocumented hidden history. I have to laugh at myself. I remember saying - You are a modern gal, smart..no problem. Just see enough examples and the patterns will become crystal clear. ROFLMAO. 3. The artistry and iconography are quite interesting to me. Trying to determine who did what, through the cultural themes and memes displayed in the rock art. Then thinking that through to speculate on what that culture was concerned with, what myths and legends were important to them. Researching legends and myths and older cultures is fun for me. 3. Along the way I had a couple of mystical experiences that directed me out of my planned way to certain areas and mysteries to solve that I had no intention to go to. But..what is one to do.

If I were going to write a treasure book, I'm afraid it would not be much help. It would be things like this..

Sitting in a shallow open ended golden canyon in the summer browned, sparse grass. . The sun warm but not too warm. Sitting and just waiting. Not a soul in sight.No expectations of any event, yet i waited.

I looked at the grass and thought about water. How it was the lifeblood of their travels. How one time I followed bird sounds in a dry, boulder strewn land to find a small pocket of water in a boulder, perhaps a gallon at most, I gazed at it..closely. Any life in it, any larvae not visible. I then backed off .and the few birds came back singing their hallelujah of joy at this manna.

Silence except for the rarest occasional softest breeze. Ra the sun god, starting his journey downward. Soon would be the magic hour, when light turned to honey colored strands that flowed over rock and land and the air sparkled with golden motes. But that was not it. Not for what i waited.

I knew not what i waited for.

My mind calmed and grew still. Bluff golden walls bracketed me in this open canyon. Not too tall.

I waited. And drew a few sips of water from my water bottle.

Then I heard it, a soft buffet..a softest whoomph puff whoomph puff sound..

I gazed from where I had come,looking down the canyon, pulling my straw hat brim down against Ra's bright glare. I saw...nothing.

I slowly, ever so slowly, with many pauses, turned my body and head, to look behind me. One hand moving to my pack that lay within hands reach..a poor shield if needed. Snake..rattle? Did i really know the sound of a rattlenake, a lion? Had the canyon changed the sound. Was it a lion breathing? I knew enough to know I did not know enough about wild lands.

My eyes traveled over clumps of brown and sere colored grass, the small piles of stones..looking close. I was totally alert but not scared.

Woomph..puff.puff.

Nothing. Ah then the walls of the canyon. .Perhaps an animal up there. I followed lines and curves, bumps and protuberances. I noticed how close the magic hours were.

During the magic hours the procession of shadow people and animals come out from the rocks. Hidden during the day,they wait, to come alive only for an hour or three. Out of the rocks and out of the past. They dance, and have learned conversations with each other. Their animals settle down. The wise king, the graceful lady..others. An ephemeral existence yet centuries they have lived as such.

Whoomph puff puff. So soft a sound.

Finally my eyes lifted to the blue blue sky. About 50 feet above me were the guardians of this canyon. Two crows. They circled down, then up. The woomph puff puff was the beating of their wings. The only sound ... ebony wing on soft warm air they swam through the unseen ocean that surrounds us.

They were checking me out,

I let them.

Crows have their own mythology you know. so i watched and and remembered what i could of crows. I waited no more. This was it. A message, a learning..a turning just a bit more to the mystic.

Write a book, anyway! You sound like one of the Desert Fathers (MYSTICS), of the "old days"; GREAT contemplative "musings".

OP
OP
T

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning everyone, having coffee and thinking about my next adventure out exploring and viewing the horizon. IMAG0342 (2).JPG IMAG0344 (2).JPG IMAG0345 (2).JPG IMAG0346 (2).JPG IMAG0347 (2).JPG More monument boulders in basin on the southeast fork of the canyon. [ same area ].

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread