6 weeks in the desert several years ago...

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a geology student there was a mandatory field camp we had to go on. 6 weeks in the desert from NM, Utah, Arizona, Cal. you name it we were there. The unfortunate part was we had school work ALL DAY every day so could not enjoy the free time as we wanted too.

Here are some neat areas and things I found during the trips, maybe more modern graf maybe some older glyphs, maybe you experts could tell me!

First just a Dino footprint,
IMG_2761.jpg

Next a series of glyphs
IMG_2689.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg
IMG_2702.jpg

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
czachary:
Those glyphs look like Indian pictographs. The second photo seems to have an Aztec number on it, too. It's just to
the right of the first triangular man on the left.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Great pictures! Those glyphs are lovely. And suspect as to whether they are completely native. Especially the birthing one, that also has a a warrior getting a spear through his belly. (No that is not his ***** lol) The stuff to the right looks solidly native, but the warrior seems off as does the figure giving birth.
I need to study them more. (And I am no expert). Whether native or not, I would not tell anyone where they are. They are too nice to see defaced or sliced off .

That warrior bugs me. His hat, what they have done to his mouth. Other things. I find it hard to believe that is native. The scenario where it would be native made, seems unlikely. However, I am no expert in the Vernal style.

Anyway..per usual war. or battle, travel..among other things.

But..the last pic...yes..if you are thinking of pursuing this hobby then you might find close study of this pic worthwhile.

Gald you found time to take those awesome pcs. Well done on the glyph pictures!!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CZ:
If those glyph rocks are on or near an Indian Reservation, you might consider contacting the tribal
council and letting them know about these finds. They probably already know of them, but it wouldn't
hurt to make sure. As Desertmoons wrote, please don't freely advertise where these are. There are
folks "out there" who take some kind of perverse pleasure in destroying things.

Moons:
I agree with you about the "giving birth" and the warrior figures. I can't imagine someone "recording"
the birth of a child with a drawing like that. And, I wonder why the warrior was drawn WITHOUT a lower
half to his body. That column of "dot pairs" just to the left of the warrior, looks a lot like deer tracks.

You know, on a long second look at that "giving birth" thing..........it COULD actually be an animal
that the warrior was field cleaning right after the kill. Maybe a buffalo or a huge hog and that is why
the warrior has that happy look on his face. That column of hoof prints might be telling how far he
had to chase the animal before bringing it down. There's large drops of blood coming down into
a puddle below the carcass. Oh, and there are a couple of "S" shaped legs with feet coming out
of the warrior's body that look like they're running, as he was chasing the animal.
Well............just another thought. :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all, I am still learning and wanting to learn more about glyphs. Not near a current day Indian Reservation.

There were several things that interested me in them. Some as you guys said not knowing, looks like a track and an animal kill with cleaning.

The first picture you see a small double cross at the very top of it.
The second beside the first figure there are the dots and lines???
The third picture on the far right you see a single thick cross, that interested me a lot. Right about it a thin line that curves then curves back up to a slightly thicker looking area.
The last one the two symbols that are almost identical grabbed my attention.

Thanks again guys, i love learning about this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions