Does anyone recognize any of these symbols?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21109_10151505824724123_827685924_n.jpg

Does anyone recognize any of these symbols? I know some resemble letters, and they might be, but not sure. These might be Spanish, Native-American, or something else. I thought I would throw these out there and see what might pop up from you all.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt,

I recognize some of them. I will take a look through my books on symbols and reply. They look Spanish and a couple are distance/trail indicators.

Patrick

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Patrick, I own Waybill to Lost Spanish Treasures, but would appreciate all the qualified help I can get. I agree some look Spanish, but don't want to assume anything.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 20 different signs/symbols books and will peruse through them tonight.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Matt,

I went through my books and found the symbols or variations. Also, there were a couple that I couldn't find a reference for.

Here is what I could interpret. It looks like whatever the treasure is, it is hidden in a sealed mine/cave.

symbols.jpg

I hope this was helpful.

Patrick

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patrick, I appreciate you checking on that for me. However, these symbols appear as part of a message left on a rock face. I do not have a photo of it or its location, only a copy of the message made by hand. The message has 11 lines of characters, with a total of 185 characters. The symbols I posted appear in the lines of text, along with regular Latin/Roman letters and numbers, mostly capitalized but some lower case. There is also a simple drawing of an open hand below the text, with sideways V's pointing inwards to the hand on each side of it, with small circles directly below the V's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know of, or perhaps own, software that can scan characters and compare them to known language alphabets and symbols? If so, please let me know.

Last edited:

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Matt,

If you want, I will take a look at the picture. The layout of the symbols will tell a better story of the message. You can send it to me in a private message and I will take another run through the multitude of symbol books that I have.

You could be looking at a combination of Spanish with Roman influence combined with Native American if a worker/slave carved them.

Patrick

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was allowed to photograph the hand copy only if I agreed not to pass it on to third parties, sorry. This came from the family of Temple Cornelius, and the inscription was found in southern Colorado...

Last edited:
OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still looking for that software though, or a company that does such a service that will sign non-disclosure agreements.

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The symbols I posted are not in the correct order, I randomly placed them on the paper to post. Please do not think any of them represent initials, as I do not know what they represent yet.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Matt,

That is cool. Not trying to intrude and I can respect your not sharing any information. On a side note, I will be going to Southern Colorado imminently about 60 miles west of Trinidad. If there is anything you need looked at in that area, I can swing by. Otherwise, I will be going to a site I found.

Patrick

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PatricD, Close to home for you is the spyder rocks. Semi-complex, Took me eight months to solve and as of 1990 was still undisturbed. Have fun.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
PatricD, Close to home for you is the spyder rocks. Semi-complex, Took me eight months to solve and as of 1990 was still undisturbed. Have fun.

Hoofer,

care to share with us how you solved the spider rocks?
Thanks in advance.

Oddrock

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
UncleMatt It was my opinion that they were in seperate locations and assumed that they may be initials, as far as I know they could be cattle brands. PatricKD I seen a photo of one of the Gold Bars in Norman Okla it was laying on a black velvet cloth really was pretty, it was suppose have been from the spider rock location several years ago, met the guy at a Dairy Queen over a cup of coffee

Last edited:

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Hoofer,

Thanks for the lead. I have heard of Spider Rocks before but never put any effort into the lead. I spent a couple hours one day looking for the San Saba mine. That was too hot at the time in August down in central Texas.

I did find the serpent stone from Luis Moscoso on the Brazos. I suppose their are bragging rights to that one. I wouldn't mind finding the abandoned cannon of his in the same area.

Patrick

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddrock, Sure i will as long as no one expects answered PM's. It takes me tooooo long to type. I will give you the beginning. I work mostly on ancients sites and they ALWAYS give you a place with how to solve it set of signs. The place
to begin on the spyder rocks is the waybill. Who ever heard of a numbered treasure? 66860 has to be a part of the
solution. Second; who would survey very precisely over an area of 2500 square miles for a deposit of ( 11 bars of gold
and 22 of silver)? Begin at the clyde rock. It has a F and 110. This meant rotate 110 degrees from the position it was
uncovered. Now you see a number 29 with the 9 drawn backwards. Go 29 degrees left of true north. In the center of
the clyde stone you will see a 6 a D and six small circles surrounded by a box. This tells us the part of 66860 to use
for the distance. 6D6 or .66 . Now back to our 29 with the 9 backwards. 92. 92 times .6666 = 61.3 Go 61.3 miles
on our 29 degree line and you will be EXATLY where the aspermant stone was found. Yes it's in miles. Repeat for the
exact location of the rotan stone. With this starter and lots of thought you can solve the rest. Good hunting. R.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread