MOUNTAIN LION DRAWING

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Polygragh and if needed sodium P
No not really.The Spinach (spaniards) , Jesuits carved pretty much everything that walked , crawled , flew , swam . There is a certain tribe that traveled up here from So. America that used it in its carvings but it is not what you are thinking
I don't believe the Native Americans marked their treasure sites with carvings ;)
I have seen several , 2 here in AZ , 2 in NM , one in CO and I have seen a picture of one in UT

Hey

Buddy

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Buddy,
something happened to your pictures. They're blank.

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Yeah I know ::) I'll fix it
Thanks Randy
Buddy

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Sorry Blackfoot , I mis read your original question (pinches self) you are reffering to a "Petroglyph" ?
I believe your "Drawing" is conveying a different meaning
Get a hold of "The Rocks Begin to Speak" ;)

Hey

MesaB

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Howdy Blackfoot , I know where of you speak , I spent sometime researching a couple of sites between High Rolls and Cloudcroft , If you get up that way say hi to Monty for me , he owns the Taxidermy shop on the left hand side of the road across the street from the "Trout Farm"- that is a much different story and I won't discuss that here ;D
Can you follow what the Puma is looking at ?

Hey

Buddy

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BLACKFOOT said:
it appears to be looking at a slide across the canyon.

Might not be a slide, might be a tailings pile.

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
it is not a tailings pile. I have been a miner most of my life so I would have known that .The story told was it was tresure hidden where ever the lion was looking

MesaBuddy

Feb 8, 2006
AZ
Detector(s) used
Blackfoot would you reckon that maybe the Moutain Lion was looking at a shaft/concealed/cave/entrance and in yhe many years of time the "Slide" has altered some things ?
Something to think about , heck for all I know maybe some idiot used some dynamite and blew some stuff up because he could not figure out what the rocks were telling him ,maybe someone beat ya to it and covered up the entrance ?

Hey

MesaB

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
that is possible highly unlikely tho.the legend seems to be unknown outside the tribe.Negro Ed was known to have used gold . the canyon was named for him. the place is not to far from Oro Grande on the road to El Paso. I think that is lode mines there.

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
I have searched through all the old posts on here an other sites and the only posts about faces were by someone named Jacko, but he had passed away befote I joined up.I have checked on all the treasure signs and symbols site that I can find and there is nothing anywhere.
Please if you know any site that mentions a lion drawing head me in the right direction,Please?
Thank you.

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
Blackfoot, are you of Native desent? Do you have any friends or relatives from other peoples that might have stories about the carved pumas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread