Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other
Kenworthy's Book, Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs

Hi,

I was considering buying Kenworthy's book, Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs. I already own Mary Carson's, Handbook of Treasure Signs and Symbols (Prospecting and Treasure Hunting), which basically defines what different signs mean. Looking at Kenworthy's book, I was wondering if it was the same thing, something like the first picture here (http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,37312.0.html). Looking at the cover, I think it may be the same thing, and at my level--armchair at best--I'd rather spend the money on something that presents other facets of Spanish Treasure in the Southwest. But I would be interested in seeing case studies of Staff of Ra-type shadow/sun signs, if they're included. Could someone give me an idea what's inside?

I actually think I'd be better off buying Spanish Monuments and Trailmarkers to Treasure in the United States. Does anyone know what's inside this one?

Thanks,

Gorgias

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Kenworthy's Book, Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs

i bought the book by kenworthy...was not impressed in the least....definantly not worth the 10-20 bucks i paid for it.......after hearing certain info regarding him and his books i will not be buying any of the others besides the two i have now, and would happily sell them for 1/2 of what i paid,,,,,might make decent christmas presents for someone i didn't think much of......check out symbol books by gale rhoads ...

OP
OP
gorgias

gorgias

Mar 7, 2006
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanx goldhunter,

I'll keep that in mind. If you wouldn't recommend his work, do you or anyone else know of any other books dealing with Spanish Treasure Monuments? The best info I've found so far is on this forum. If you want to PM me, I'd love to hear the stuff about Kenworthy.

Thanks,

Gorgias

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004

check out symbol books by gale rhoads ...

Jason_05

Sep 13, 2005
Decapolis
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Hi guldhunter :

do you know a very special book on treasure signs .

i am looking for a book that contains information about Animal Signs, like : snakes, scorpions, fishes, frogs, lizards, birds ...etc .

a Book for Ancient signs and symbols on rocks ...

Best regrads

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2

There are Truths in Kenworthy's Books, I have them as well as Gale Rhoades Book and I knew both Gentlemen as well.......May I suggest you compile the wealth of the signs and symbol books, then go from there....Happy Trails!

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I completely agree with Happy Trails.

Kenworthy has some good knowledge in his books. I think it is wrong to discount him because some of his conclusions were wrong (I don't think he found the LDM). Both he and his his son Chuck (Tiger) spent many years hiking and researching (actually, his son Chuck is the one who wrote the books).

Gale Rhoades' book is a wealth of knowledge as well.

I would suggest that you get ALL the information you can afford to get. Read it all for yourself, go into the field, and get practical experience, THEN discard what you don't agree with.

You might also try researching some of the great Treasure Hunters you might not have heard of, like:

Frank Fish
George Mroczkowski
Karl Von Mueller

Those three guys have found a ton "LAND" Treasures. Mostly in caches. Some documented, and some secret.

Best,

Mike

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

There's also the book "Follow The Signs" by Dayne CHastain for whatever it's worth.

Jason_05

Sep 13, 2005
Decapolis
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Hello,

I didn`t find a website or a bookstore that have books written by Gale Rhoads ....!!!

Pls help ....

JASoN.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I have all of Kenworthys Books. If I only get one clue that leads me to a treasure it will be money well spent.
So far I have gotten lots of clues from his books, money very well spent in my opinion.
Rich

Indiana$Dirk

Mar 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used his books to help decipher some of the signs on the rock map. But i had others that were more help.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I AM GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD. THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD INFO HERE.
I WILL RECOMEND "NOT" TRYING TO BUY TREASURE HUNTER'S UNIVERSITY/MIKE PICKETT'S BOOK! I ORDERED IT
OVER A YEAR AGO, AND NEVER GOT IT. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT TRYING TO GET IT. THE LAST TIME I
LOOKED HIS WEB/ORDER SITE WAS STILL UP AND TAKING MONEY BUT NOT DELIVERING. I GAVE UP SOME TIME BACK.
SOME OF THE FOLKS HERE HAVE OFFERED TO SELL OR GIVE ME THEIR COPY, BUT HE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY BY
NOT SHIPPING AND NOT RETURNING NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS AND E-MAILS.

I DON'T LIKE TO BE NEGATIVE, BUT I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON TO BE DONE THIS WAY BY HIM.

PM
:BangHead:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I AM GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD. THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD INFO HERE.
I WILL RECOMEND "NOT" TRYING TO BUY TREASURE HUNTER'S UNIVERSITY/MIKE PICKETT'S BOOK! I RETURNING NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS AND E-MAILS.

I DON'T LIKE TO BE NEGATIVE, BUT I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON TO BE DONE THIS WAY BY HIM.

PM
:BangHead:

You're also not the last, but pick a mountain near a old trail and hike it until you see unatural items. Ivestigate. Think outside of the box and you will obtain more information than the books out there. IMO. Or pay the extra cash to buy a used copy.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY USERNOTFOUND.

I AGREE WITH OUT OF THE BOX THINKING. THAT'S WHAT HAS DONE MORE FOR ME THAN READING.
THERE ARE SEVERAL GOOD REFERENCE BOOKS OUT THERE BY FISHER, RHOADES, KENWORTHY, AND MORE THAT
I WOULD LIKE TO (AND WILL) ORDER AND READ.
I DON'T GET OUT LIKE I WOULD LIKE TO. HEALTH IS BAD, WEAK LEGS AND PRONE TO HEAT STROKES, ETC...
I'VE GOT SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH ME, BUT THEIR TIME OFF IS HARD TO COME BY, SO
I WAIT AND STUDY MY MAPS AND HAVE HAD A LOT OF GOOD INFO HERE ON TN.

I HAVE ONE MINE THAT I HAVE WORKED HARD ON FOR SEVERAL YEARS, AND KNOW OF ANOTHER AS WELL AS
HAVE SOME CLUES, CARVED IN STONE THAT ARE SUSPECTED TO BE FOR THE LOST LOUSIANA.
MORE WORK THAN I CAN FINISH IN MY LIFETIME. ALL IN JUST A FEW HOURS DRIVE TIME.

I'LL KEEP LOOKIN' OUTSIDE OF THE BOX TIL' I CAN FIT MY SQUARE PEG TO FIT IN A ROUND HOLE.
THANKS. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.
MIKEL

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY USERNOTFOUND.

I AGREE WITH OUT OF THE BOX THINKING. THAT'S WHAT HAS DONE MORE FOR ME THAN READING.
THERE ARE SEVERAL GOOD REFERENCE BOOKS OUT THERE BY FISHER, RHOADES, KENWORTHY, AND MORE THAT
I WOULD LIKE TO (AND WILL) ORDER AND READ.
I DON'T GET OUT LIKE I WOULD LIKE TO. HEALTH IS BAD, WEAK LEGS AND PRONE TO HEAT STROKES, ETC...
I'VE GOT SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH ME, BUT THEIR TIME OFF IS HARD TO COME BY, SO
I WAIT AND STUDY MY MAPS AND HAVE HAD A LOT OF GOOD INFO HERE ON TN.

I HAVE ONE MINE THAT I HAVE WORKED HARD ON FOR SEVERAL YEARS, AND KNOW OF ANOTHER AS WELL AS
HAVE SOME CLUES, CARVED IN STONE THAT ARE SUSPECTED TO BE FOR THE LOST LOUSIANA.
MORE WORK THAN I CAN FINISH IN MY LIFETIME. ALL IN JUST A FEW HOURS DRIVE TIME.

I'LL KEEP LOOKIN' OUTSIDE OF THE BOX TIL' I CAN FIT MY SQUARE PEG TO FIT IN A ROUND HOLE.
THANKS. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.
MIKEL

I wish you the best. I have several books also, but there are plenty of free information out there. If you haven't tried the Library of Congress, I highly suggest trying it once. Library of Congress Home
There is newspaper archives that I have used to type in key word such as "lost gold", "buried treasure" and so forth. You'll be surprised what you can find in your area. For example, I found where a boy found gold coins about a hundred years ago (and they gave out the address)...well, there wasn't any metal detectors back then so who is to say that the little boy found everything?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
As many have stated here ...
The books CK wrote or left info enough for his kids to write...
are spot on.
His info is backed by documents in te archives in Madrid, Spain. As well as those in Mexico City.
Belittle what you will, but if you do please accept my pity as you will end up tagged as a toll on these boards.
Over the years I have been fortunate enough to have received many of the documents that CK paid many thousands of dollars for,
and over his lifetime many millions of dollars to acquire.
I also have many pages of sign and symbol info in Kenworthy's hand that never were published, all backed up by documentation.

Like Mike said there is that square peg and it does fit,
Whether you believe it or not.
Chuck didn't feed anyone a line of bull. He just didn't feed a couple steers the whole wagon load of hay.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I by no means said or meant that Kenworthy's books are garbage. I own several in fact. I did mean that you could learn more besides what is written by going out. Kenworthy left out plenty of information, but by no means was he trying to write a complete manuel.

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
I just read this in desert magazine August 1938. I don't know where else to put it in Treasure marks/ signs. I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

MAYANS MAY HAVE LIVED
ON MOJAVE DESERT
Pictographs scratched in canyon walls
40 miles east of Barstow lead David
Rogers, anthropologist for the Santa Barbara museum of natural history, to believe that a Mayan-like race inhabited the
Mojave desert 5,000 years ago. History
of the Mayans of Yucatan and Guatemala
has heretofore been traced back only 2500
years. Rogers says he found three series
of carvings in the Granite mountain foothills, first of them religious in significance; second series about 2500 years old
and a third he identifies as belonging to
modern Indians.

Realmsman

May 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Rhoades may be a little over-blown. Who needs to find treasure when you are charging hundreds of dollars per book? If you choose to spend $371 for one book then you may need to take a look at your priorities and maybe focus less on THing and more on your decision making abilities...or you're just rich, bored and don't plan on finding anything anyhow :-)

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Thom, I just thought I would give YOU A BIG OLE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRUBITION to this site, I have heard that you was writing a book if so put me down for one. Rhoades as a lot to offer in his book ( Gale ) and his son both, I try to read a book a sentence at a time. Gale's book had the Initials as being the expedition leaders mark, My theory is that it identified that league square's #, As with the things that I have leaned over time is that Number's reference Letters and letters reference numbers, 7's reference rest area's but sometimes its a distance also / try a league between them, there is two things you must have to chase the carvings distance and direction.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread