Kenworthys Book, Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Kenworthys Book, Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2006
    New Mexico
    Bounty Hunter
    16 times
    Spanish Trailmarkers and Monuments. Dreaming of a Mission cache from the Pueblo Revolt.

Kenworthy's Book, Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs

Hi,

I was considering buying Kenworthy's book, Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs. I already own Mary Carson's, Handbook of Treasure Signs and Symbols (Prospecting and Treasure Hunting), which basically defines what different signs mean. Looking at Kenworthy's book, I was wondering if it was the same thing, something like the first picture here (http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.p...c,37312.0.html). Looking at the cover, I think it may be the same thing, and at my level--armchair at best--I'd rather spend the money on something that presents other facets of Spanish Treasure in the Southwest. But I would be interested in seeing case studies of Staff of Ra-type shadow/sun signs, if they're included. Could someone give me an idea what's inside?

I actually think I'd be better off buying Spanish Monuments and Trailmarkers to Treasure in the United States. Does anyone know what's inside this one?

Thanks,

Gorgias

Dec 2004
    68 times

Re: Kenworthy's Book, Treasure Signs, Symbols, Shadow and Sun Signs

i bought the book by kenworthy...was not impressed in the least....definantly not worth the 10-20 bucks i paid for it.......after hearing certain info regarding him and his books i will not be buying any of the others besides the two i have now, and would happily sell them for 1/2 of what i paid,,,,,might make decent christmas presents for someone i didn't think much of......check out symbol books by gale rhoads ...
    Rebel - KGC and captain1965 like this.

us
    Mar 2006
    New Mexico
    Bounty Hunter
    16 times
    Spanish Trailmarkers and Monuments. Dreaming of a Mission cache from the Pueblo Revolt.

Thanx goldhunter,

I'll keep that in mind. If you wouldn't recommend his work, do you or anyone else know of any other books dealing with Spanish Treasure Monuments? The best info I've found so far is on this forum. If you want to PM me, I'd love to hear the stuff about Kenworthy.

Thanks,

Gorgias

Dec 2004
    68 times

check out symbol books by gale rhoads ...

Sep 2005
    Decapolis
    Garrett GTI 2500
    3 times

Hi guldhunter :

do you know a very special book on treasure signs .

i am looking for a book that contains information about Animal Signs, like : snakes, scorpions, fishes, frogs, lizards, birds ...etc .

a Book for Ancient signs and symbols on rocks ...

Best regrads
    Down.2.Earth

ca
    Sep 2005
    Paso Robles
    Teknetics G2
    229 times

There are Truths in Kenworthy's Books, I have them as well as Gale Rhoades Book and I knew both Gentlemen as well.......May I suggest you compile the wealth of the signs and symbol books, then go from there....Happy Trails!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Modded SD2000 / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    6728 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I completely agree with Happy Trails.

Kenworthy has some good knowledge in his books. I think it is wrong to discount him because some of his conclusions were wrong (I don't think he found the LDM). Both he and his his son Chuck (Tiger) spent many years hiking and researching (actually, his son Chuck is the one who wrote the books).

Gale Rhoades' book is a wealth of knowledge as well.

I would suggest that you get ALL the information you can afford to get. Read it all for yourself, go into the field, and get practical experience, THEN discard what you don't agree with.

You might also try researching some of the great Treasure Hunters you might not have heard of, like:

Frank Fish
    George Mroczkowski
    Karl Von Mueller

Those three guys have found a ton "LAND" Treasures. Mostly in caches. Some documented, and some secret.

Best,

Mike
    "You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

us
    Random chance seems to have operated in our favor

Oct 2004
    Oklahoma
    43 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

There's also the book "Follow The Signs" by Dayne CHastain for whatever it's worth.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Sep 2005
    Decapolis
    Garrett GTI 2500
    3 times

Hello,

I didn`t find a website or a bookstore that have books written by Gale Rhoads ....!!!

Pls help ....

JASoN.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    Down.2.Earth

Apr 2006
    Los Angeles
    Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
    55 times
    I have all of Kenworthys Books. If I only get one clue that leads me to a treasure it will be money well spent.
    So far I have gotten lots of clues from his books, money very well spent in my opinion.
    Rich

Mar 2012
    5 times
    I used his books to help decipher some of the signs on the rock map. But i had others that were more help.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    8875 times
    I AM GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD. THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD INFO HERE.
    I WILL RECOMEND "NOT" TRYING TO BUY TREASURE HUNTER'S UNIVERSITY/MIKE PICKETT'S BOOK! I ORDERED IT
    OVER A YEAR AGO, AND NEVER GOT IT. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT TRYING TO GET IT. THE LAST TIME I
    LOOKED HIS WEB/ORDER SITE WAS STILL UP AND TAKING MONEY BUT NOT DELIVERING. I GAVE UP SOME TIME BACK.
    SOME OF THE FOLKS HERE HAVE OFFERED TO SELL OR GIVE ME THEIR COPY, BUT HE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY BY
    NOT SHIPPING AND NOT RETURNING NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS AND E-MAILS.

I DON'T LIKE TO BE NEGATIVE, BUT I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON TO BE DONE THIS WAY BY HIM.

PM
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    ....JESUS IS LORD.
    ...................THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD.
    .................................. HEAVEN IS MY REAL HOME.

THAT'S JUST THE WAY I WAS RAISED TO SEE THE WORLD.

REALLY, I'M NOT SHOUTING. I HAVE A VISUAL PERCEPTION PROBLEM, AND TYPING IN ALL CAPS HELPS ME TO PROOF READ WHAT I TYPE. IF I EVER NEED TO DRAW ATTENTION TO ANYTHING I'LL MAKE IT BOLD SO IT STANDS OUT. I MEAN NO HARM. #/;0)~

us
    Sep 2011
    T-2
    138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PROSPECTORMIKEL View Post
    I AM GOING TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD. THERE IS A LOT OF GOOD INFO HERE.
    I WILL RECOMEND "NOT" TRYING TO BUY TREASURE HUNTER'S UNIVERSITY/MIKE PICKETT'S BOOK! I RETURNING NUMEROUS PHONE CALLS AND E-MAILS.

I DON'T LIKE TO BE NEGATIVE, BUT I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON TO BE DONE THIS WAY BY HIM.

PM
    You're also not the last, but pick a mountain near a old trail and hike it until you see unatural items. Ivestigate. Think outside of the box and you will obtain more information than the books out there. IMO. Or pay the extra cash to buy a used copy.

us
    Mar 2011
    N/W ARKANSAS
    FISHER
    8875 times
    HEY USERNOTFOUND.

I AGREE WITH OUT OF THE BOX THINKING. THAT'S WHAT HAS DONE MORE FOR ME THAN READING.
    THERE ARE SEVERAL GOOD REFERENCE BOOKS OUT THERE BY FISHER, RHOADES, KENWORTHY, AND MORE THAT
    I WOULD LIKE TO (AND WILL) ORDER AND READ.
    I DON'T GET OUT LIKE I WOULD LIKE TO. HEALTH IS BAD, WEAK LEGS AND PRONE TO HEAT STROKES, ETC...
    I'VE GOT SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH ME, BUT THEIR TIME OFF IS HARD TO COME BY, SO
    I WAIT AND STUDY MY MAPS AND HAVE HAD A LOT OF GOOD INFO HERE ON TN.

I HAVE ONE MINE THAT I HAVE WORKED HARD ON FOR SEVERAL YEARS, AND KNOW OF ANOTHER AS WELL AS
    HAVE SOME CLUES, CARVED IN STONE THAT ARE SUSPECTED TO BE FOR THE LOST LOUSIANA.
    MORE WORK THAN I CAN FINISH IN MY LIFETIME. ALL IN JUST A FEW HOURS DRIVE TIME.

I'LL KEEP LOOKIN' OUTSIDE OF THE BOX TIL' I CAN FIT MY SQUARE PEG TO FIT IN A ROUND HOLE.
    THANKS. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.
    MIKEL
    Rebel - KGC likes this.
    ....JESUS IS LORD.
    ...................THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD.
    .................................. HEAVEN IS MY REAL HOME.

THAT'S JUST THE WAY I WAS RAISED TO SEE THE WORLD.

REALLY, I'M NOT SHOUTING. I HAVE A VISUAL PERCEPTION PROBLEM, AND TYPING IN ALL CAPS HELPS ME TO PROOF READ WHAT I TYPE. IF I EVER NEED TO DRAW ATTENTION TO ANYTHING I'LL MAKE IT BOLD SO IT STANDS OUT. I MEAN NO HARM. #/;0)~

us
    Sep 2011
    T-2
    138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PROSPECTORMIKEL View Post
    HEY USERNOTFOUND.

I AGREE WITH OUT OF THE BOX THINKING. THAT'S WHAT HAS DONE MORE FOR ME THAN READING.
    THERE ARE SEVERAL GOOD REFERENCE BOOKS OUT THERE BY FISHER, RHOADES, KENWORTHY, AND MORE THAT
    I WOULD LIKE TO (AND WILL) ORDER AND READ.
    I DON'T GET OUT LIKE I WOULD LIKE TO. HEALTH IS BAD, WEAK LEGS AND PRONE TO HEAT STROKES, ETC...
    I'VE GOT SEVERAL FRIENDS THAT WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH ME, BUT THEIR TIME OFF IS HARD TO COME BY, SO
    I WAIT AND STUDY MY MAPS AND HAVE HAD A LOT OF GOOD INFO HERE ON TN.

I HAVE ONE MINE THAT I HAVE WORKED HARD ON FOR SEVERAL YEARS, AND KNOW OF ANOTHER AS WELL AS
    HAVE SOME CLUES, CARVED IN STONE THAT ARE SUSPECTED TO BE FOR THE LOST LOUSIANA.
    MORE WORK THAN I CAN FINISH IN MY LIFETIME. ALL IN JUST A FEW HOURS DRIVE TIME.

I'LL KEEP LOOKIN' OUTSIDE OF THE BOX TIL' I CAN FIT MY SQUARE PEG TO FIT IN A ROUND HOLE.
    THANKS. TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS.
    MIKEL
    I wish you the best. I have several books also, but there are plenty of free information out there. If you haven't tried the Library of Congress, I highly suggest trying it once. Library of Congress Home
    There is newspaper archives that I have used to type in key word such as "lost gold", "buried treasure" and so forth. You'll be surprised what you can find in your area. For example, I found where a boy found gold coins about a hundred years ago (and they gave out the address)...well, there wasn't any metal detectors back then so who is to say that the little boy found everything?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links