Knight´s Templar Treasure Signs

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I Dont know about a treasure sign....but here is a pic of their seal

Seal of the Knights Templar, England, 1303

Showing the Lion of England, the cross pattée and the crescent moon of the Mother Goddess with stars

Attachments

• KT Seal.gif
    KT Seal.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 3,442
OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Thanks for your posts. I knew about the seal of two knigths on the back of one horse, showing supposing sincerity and modesty of the Order. I did not know about he Templar´s seal of England from 1303. I heard about Templar´s worshiping of famous Bafomet head that was supposed o lead to some of their treasures.

I will check the History channel too. Thanks to all!

Lobo

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
At one point in the past, I was fascinated by the Knights Templar and associated legends. Unless everything I read was bunk, there is no question that the Templar's treasures disappeared. If I remember correctly, most of it on cue - as if they had prior knowledge of the Pope's plan. Across several books the story of Templar ships (they actually had their own fleet) simply loaded up and left European never to be seen again.

I've heard of the Oak Island Treasure being chalked up to the Templars. Othe locations in North America have been similarly tagged. In any case, their wealth is indisuptable. So is its disappearance.

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Starsplitter,

Thanks for your note. Yes, the Templars had their own fleet, stationed generally in La Rochelle. The night before French King started destruction of Templar Knights Order, it is said that famous Templar treasure was loaded on these ships and together with 18 Knights on bord they sailed "somewhere". There is also a theory that already 200 years before that, Templar Order on regular bases sailed through Atlantic to the Caribbean and Maxico territory to buy or exchange silver. They new about these routs from old Arabic documents they found in Solomon Temple and from the knowledge which they were shared with sifu masters after they accepted knowledge of Asia nations. There is a official historial document here stating about journey of Sir Sinclaire together with "other Templar Knights brothers" to American continent, about 115 years before Columbus.

Before you start to laugh about this "nonsence", just try to look for consumption of silver coins in 14th and 15th century in Europe. It was enormus and Templars were known as first bankers of that period, holding large amounts o silver coins in their hands. There is only one small "catch" - There were no known silver mines in Europe and Asia which could produce such vast amount of silver. It is historically proved. So where this silver for minting of silver coins had come from?

Yes, there are lot of theories about Oak Island Treasure Pit and its connection with Templars mainly because of its even today unbeliaveable construction techniques. It is a on million dollar question who did it. But there are also theories that Templars sailed from Europe somewhere to the Caribbean where they had hidden their treasures. They knew perfecty the aera from their former ocean journeys. Not disturbed by anybody, being Gods for local native Indian inhabitants, why not? Till now there is no explanation for certain knowledge of local natives. Somebody had to teach them all that and I am not speaking here only about Maya astrology. I mentioned this theory with some indirect evidence in my book "Lost Treasures in Dominican Republic". The second edition of my book with wider chapter about possibility o Templar treasure to be somewhere here in the Caribbean, will be available before the end of February.

Best regards to all,
Lobo

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Bobo,

I don't think the idea of Templars (or Sinclair) coming to the Americas a hundred plus years before Columbus or getting silver from Mexico as "nonsense." I know nothing of the production or economics of silver in Europe during the Templar period. However, I've heard "white bearded men from the ocean" was a common theme among Meso-American peoples. Certainly, it is a lot more believable then the discovery of THE holy grail, etc. And, if you're correct about the silver, it introduces interesting questions. Finally, if they were trading with the Americas, it makes sense for them to flee to the other side of the world when the Pope turned on them. Like he would chase them to the western hemisphere?

As far as Templar "treasure signs" go... never heard of any though that doesn't mean they don't exist. There was a rmajor Templar records depository in a castle on some Mediterranean island, but it was destroyed (by the Muslims if I remember correctly). I suppose leads could have been found there... maybe, just maybe (and, they'd probably not be open to it if they existed), the Vatican might have seized Templar documents in their library. I would imaging you'd have to be some sort of Ph.D type to have any hope of viewing them. Most likely, sifting through legend is about the best option (nebulous to be sure).

Relative to Oak Island. I am not sold on it having a Templar connection. The reason? Well, first, I'm not sure if it is actually a cache site. And, second, I remember a core sample that contained (among other things) a piece of parchment with writing on it. To my memory, it was not Latin (rather, English or French). And, it was written in script - it looked nothing like you'd see in the 13th or 14th centuries. I think "leads" may be found in native lore - that may take some digging.

The above being said, Templar treasure is a fascinating thread of history to follow. I think you and others are right, all that wealth didn't just evaporate! There were no banks, unless you include the Tempar system itself and the Pope just nixed it. Historically, there is no doubt they loaded it up on their fleet (the fleet itself another historical fact), and simply sailed away. Unless the ships were lost at sea, it was secreted somewhere. Best of luck to you - the whole thing sounds really cool!

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Hey Lobo! Sorry about the Bobo!

Maybe this is more substantive on the topic of signs... besides the obvious templar cross, what about an "inventory" of inscriptions at templar sites? There should be something in the archeological record. Even if meanings are unknown, or ubiquitous, it might add up to something for you. Other clues might include elements of Templar architecture (to include the geometry involved). If there are common threads or practices related to selection of sites (other than defensive) or philosophical or theological beliefs applied to site selection or construction, perhaps these can be of help?

Since you seem to be focusing on the Caribbean - are there any Indian legends recorded that might be clues?

Fun topic.

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hey Starsplitter,

Thanks for our answers and opinion. Actually yes, there some local Indian legends about coming of big white bearded men to the islandin the past. Even some original names indicates strange origin. One for example - Samana bay, which is on the north site of Domincan Republic, has its origin according to some Dominican historians from old Fenician word. Pictograms in numerous caves around Samana show strange faces with beards and cascos or helmets. Nothing common among he native Caribs, Arawaks or Taino Indians who inhabited the island before Columbus came here on the 4th of January 1493. I was even told by local people to show me some kind of very old cemetery of some "tribes" from the time before Columbus. I will keep you informed, if you are interested.

Regards
Lobo (thanks for not calling me "Bobo", which means "idiot" in Spanish.........)

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Lobo,

Yes, I would be very interested in hearing more. I am a history teacher - always interested. A thought... there are plenty of templar sites across Europe. I am sure many have been excavated. If symbols/signs exists, then there should be a catalogue(s) somewhere. Maybe a search of scholarly material might be productive?

About the Dominican Republic: legends and other evidence can be compared to the known historical record. On the one hand, I can see the Templar's skipping town all the way across the Atlantic (if they had contact with the western hemisphere to begin with). On the other - it is one long ass trip to a place they may have been familar with, but did not call "home."

In any case, you have probably already started to catalogue symbols/signs found in the Dominican Republic. A comparison would be interesting. I think you'd need something more solid than legends to find a Templar cache. Legends are like echoes. Easy to hear, but hard to pin down. A thought - known Templar history... habits, traditions, beliefs, other architectural or related practices might hint at something.

Fascinating stuff! Good luck!

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D I have an interest in K.T. stories, Treasure(s), etc. also; I think in looking at the "time period", that K.T. probably used Catholic "signs", and MOST likely, SPANISH signs... they were ALSO Catholics, too... in that "time period"... MAYBE even "warriors signs", such as a sword... knife... whatever THEY used, DUNNO... ???

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Rebel & Lobo:

Your comment prompts a question (been wondering about this for a while)...

I have read elsewhere that the Spanish monarchs actually decreed that a system of signs (which they approved) be used when marking the locations of mines/caches. I would imagine this was done in the 15th or 16th centuries - if at all. Guess what I mean is, I read about a catalogue of Spanish signs, but I wonder if there was such a thing. Since there seems to be consistencies across the Americas when it comes to Jesuit/Spanish signs/glyphs, I suppose it's possible.

Another thing: I have repeatedly read of folks like Marx and Fisher sending researchers to the Spanish archives to dig into original wreck documents from the colonial period dating all the way back to the 15th century. My question: if the Spaniards kept such meticulous records on treasure wrecks, why not mines and caches? Also, did the Jesuits deposit their records in any particular place?

I wish that I had the expertise to read that kind of stuff.

Starsplitter

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hello Starsplitter and Rebel,

Really nice to hear about your interest for KT. It is my favourite research hobby. Years before I spent more time in field and under the water looking for shipwrecks, evidence and artifacts, now I spend more time researching, reading and consulting. You have right, I have some indirect evidence about presence of Templars on our island in the past. I am putting all the datas and facts together now. I will mail you some photos.

There are sometimes facts that escape the attention of people, even to researchers that can lead you to some fantastic conclusions. One example and topic for thinking - if you compare strange colosal heads of the Olmecs with their negroide aspect, wide lips and round face, with some strange helmet on the head with the heads dug into the rock in Bangkor, you will be shocked! These heads are just identical!! Both sculptures were made more than one thousand years ago, one in Asia and second one in Mexico. What could be the conclusion....?

Best regards
Lobo

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;D Gonna stay on "topic' of K.T. "signs"... IF, we can look at the historic era... I would say that the Spanish "conquest" of the islands indicate SPANISH "signs" to be used... MY "fave" web-site for such is: http.//www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com/index.html (I think); You can ALSO "google" "SPANISH SIGNS FOR TREASURE HUNTERS". IF, K.T. from Sicily became the PIRATES... then, again... Roman Catholic "Signs", may have been used... I have ALSO read that Mel sent researchers to Spain... I think SOMEONE gotta check the "Secret Rooms" at the Vatican... GOOD LUCK on THAT... HA! :D

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Indiana University has done a lot of work in the Dominican Republic. And, the Dominians also do archeological work. I would imagine that somebody, somewhere keeps track or glyphs, etc. in the country. An examination of the records might be enlightening - especially if the archeologists are missing the point(s).

OP
OP
Bobadilla

Bobadilla

Sep 25, 2006
Dominican Republic
Hi Starsplitter and all the others!

Yes, Indiana University has made several archaeological projects in Dominican Republic but all of them were united with diving, as I now. They explored "The Manantial", sacred flooded cave where at the depth of about 40 meters there are lot of original artifacts from the Tainos, native indians living at the island before Columbus came here, they went twice to the Bay of La Isabela where the first settlement in the New World was founded by Columbus during his second trip, looking for sunken Columbus´ ship from this yourney (They claim that they might found it....) and they have also started exploration of the reef on the southern part of the island Saona where several historical shipwrecks went down at practicaly one spot.

Speaking about possible treasure signs from Templar Knights, the most promissing spot seems to be national park Los Haitises in Samana Bay, huge area full of unexplored caves.

Lobo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread