UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All, I once read a story about a father and daughter team who felt they had deciphered many Spanish treasure signs out in the wilds, and the story went they even sought some kind of treasure permit in case they found it. Does anyone recognize this story who could point me in the right direction? I would appreciate it. I cannot for the life of me remember where I read it, and can't find anything either it seems.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing that popped to mind is Glenn Carson and his daughter, Mary. Not saying it was them, just they are the first (only ) father / daughter team I've heard of . Mary is now running Carson Enterprises..........at least, last I heard.

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing that popped to mind is Glenn Carson and his daughter, Mary. Not saying it was them, just they are the first (only ) father / daughter team I've heard of . Mary is now running Carson Enterprises..........at least, last I heard.

I have a copy of his book Signs Symbols Shadows & Sun Signs, and it has this great photo of Carson on the back with John Wayne on expedition at sea. I tried to contact Leanne on FB, but so far no luck in getting a response. I am sure she is peppered daily with emails from all kinds of kooks such as myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wait a minute short stack, did you mean Leanne, or Mary? Glenn Carson's daughter who took over Carson Enterprises after he passed away is Leanne Carson Boyd, not Mary. Or did Glenn have another daughter named Mary in addition to Leanne? Post if you can clear this up for me.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you are correct, UncleMatt. I stopped buying books from H. Glenn Carson Enterprises many years ago; back before Glenn passed on and have not kept track of the goings on there. I have read references to a "Mary" Carson in conjunction to THing and just ASS...umed that she is connected to Glenn. LOL

I apologize for the fowl up and shocking your system. :occasion14:

OP
OP
UncleMatt

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No shock here, was just curious if I had things wrong. Wouldn't be the first time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread