What do you guys make of this?

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Posted these in the "Signs Diagnosed" thread with more info and images. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...5-treasure-marks-signs-diagnosed-here-73.html

Curious what you guys are seeing here, and what your next steps might be?

IMG_1311_contrast.jpg IMG_1312_negative.jpg IMG_1312.jpg

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Looks like an owl - that's good. The owl can be a shape used to attract attention. The rock appears to be relatively small and just lying on the ground - that means it's angular orientation could have rotated due to animals, weather, etc. Even so, it's coordinates are probably pretty stable, so they ought to be carefully plotted and compared to other stuff you find, near and far.

I noticed on the other thread that this rock is on a line with other clues you've found - that's good. Your hollow live tree might be where the line started, with the other things placed accordingly. Hollow live trees are distinctive landmarks and tend to live a long time if the damage occurred when the tree was already mature - losing the original heartwood isn't a fatal flaw.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
The owl sign is not to attract attention..per se..but it is the symbol of the cache...as is depicted in this rock that shape looks like an old or ancient amphoria or clay jar..long ago named a treasure jar..and its shape mimics the owl and thus this sign is the confirmed sign by the codemakers for cache..AND since it is laying alone and if no other signs brought you there...this shape COULD be the omega map stone that was buried..and dug up and tossed aside by the kings men...just a wild ass guess..more facts better diagnosis..
oro not bs
rangler
oro

OP
OP
P

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Ok Guys...Ton of new info to post!!

The site has a number of areas, and I have a bit of information on each. I feel like the best way to get all of this out is going to be to make different posts for each piece of the puzzle, rather than one marathon message like I did on the "Signs Diagnosed" thread! Everything that I have found is on a straight line following the compass heading of the home stone, to reiterate that, everything is in as near a perfectly straight line as I'd imagine would be possible without physically pulling a line. The order is listed below, and I will follow that order with the individual posts.

-Home Tree
-Home Stone
-Tree Hollow
-Owl Stone
-Heart Stone
-Arrow Tree

Look forward to hearing your thoughts! Ok, here we go...

OP
OP
P

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Home Tree

The tree is what caught my attention in the first place. We have since noticed a few things that we didn't see at first, and I feel that there is more to learn from this tree. There is a good amount of graffiti type stuff on the it, and some things that I feel could make the site identifiable had someone happened across it in the past so I am not going to post all of the pictures at this time. While all of this stuff is on my private property, and an unwelcome visitor would get the "If the dogs don't get ya, the guns will" treatment, I thinks its best to avoid that situation at all costs! The tree is growing in a very unique situation, and based on my research could easily be 300yrs old or more.

The pics I am attaching are the "didnt catch at first" stuff that has jumped out at us after our other finds on the site. The last picture is of recovered Jesuit ingots, which made us go WHOA we have those on our tree! The center image by the way looks so much darker than the other markings because the cross had moss/lichen growing in it and I had to clean it off with a brush.
photo-8.JPG photo-7.JPG photo-6.JPG 1C3.jpg

UGH...all of my images rotated 90 Left for some reason...so when you look turn your head, turn your screen, or click them to bring them up in there own page!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Home Stone

After the tree caught my attention, I searched the surrounding area and came across this rock. It seemed completely out of place, and based on it position it would be almost impossible for it to have just landed there on accident. Most of the rock in this area is layered, and its layers are turned up and lie almost perpendicular to the lay of the land, and its top sits level while the rest of the area slopes pretty well . In addition it points directly, and I mean DIRECTLY, at the Home Tree. This was the first thing on the site that made me feel like we really might be onto something. I reached out to Old Dog and Rangler for assistance, and Rangler had me check the compass heading. Which points directly at Mexico City, making this as titled a Home Stone. The compass heading of this stone is what has led us to our other finds on the site.

IMG_1234.jpg IMG_1235.jpg IMG_1247.jpg

OP
OP
P

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Tree Hollow

Not too much to say about this at the moment...It is in line with the home stone compass heading, and the hollow actually looks like an owl. I thought I could fit inside, but between the long term bark growth around the hollow and my recent belly growth...I couldn't! The hollow inside is definitely larger enough to fit a person. I've never looked inside of a hollow this large, but it looks almost like its been scorched.

IMG_1293.jpg IMG_1295.JPG

OP
OP
P

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Owl Stone

Looks like an owl to me, although I'm a noob so I am definitely curious to hear everyone else's thoughts...While this stone lies on the compass heading of the home stone, the 21 N heading in the pic points to the heart stone. The circled area is a smooth grooved spot on the stone that seems manmade.

photo-5 marked up.jpg photo-5.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Heart Stone

I posted this stone to start this thread, but there is some new info that I thought was relevant. The new image has compass headings of the points, I also noticed that there seems to be eyes drilled into the stone. In addition, I turned the stone over and found that the top and the bottom seem to be either two different types of rock or at least at two very different stages of development. In the circled area there is a very straight groove as well as what looks like may be a letter. The groove itself is interesting, as the right side of the groove is actually raised due to cleavage from a crack that I believe was caused by the bottom layer.

IMG_1312 degrees.jpg eyes.jpg photo-6.JPG

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I posted this stone to start this thread, but there is some new info that I thought was relevant. The new image has compass headings of the points, I also noticed that there seems to be eyes drilled into the stone. In addition, I turned the stone over and found that the top and the bottom seem to be either two different types of rock or at least at two very different stages of development. In the circled area there is a very straight groove as well as what looks like may be a letter. The groove itself is interesting, as the right side of the groove is actually raised due to cleavage from a crack that I believe was caused by the bottom layer.

View attachment 882064 View attachment 882065 View attachment 882066

Here's something you might try with this owl rock. First of all, how big is this rock and could it be easily moved if kicked by an animal or person. I've seen a rock similar to this and it was about 18 inches long and weighed about 40 pounds, very dense. It was also buried in the ground about half of its thickness, 4-5 inches. You could kick it all day and it would never budge. I shot a line from the bottom of the tail through the head at the center point between the ears. I also turned this rock over and,after running the line and seeing where it led, I found that the bottom of the rock was fashioned in such a way as to show me what the terrain looked like in the area of the line I shot. In other words, the bottom of the rock was a terrain map showing me where the final triangle was located. The spot it directed me to was about 400 yards from the owl rock. Sounds kinda screwy but it worked. Might not work at your site but it's something you can check out. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

payne

Sep 24, 2013
Here's something you might try with this owl rock. First of all, how big is this rock and could it be easily moved if kicked by an animal or person. I've seen a rock similar to this and it was about 18 inches long and weighed about 40 pounds, very dense. It was also buried in the ground about half of its thickness, 4-5 inches. You could kick it all day and it would never budge. I shot a line from the bottom of the tail through the head at the center point between the ears. I also turned this rock over and,after running the line and seeing where it led, I found that the bottom of the rock was fashioned in such a way as to show me what the terrain looked like in the area of the line I shot. In other words, the bottom of the rock was a terrain map showing me where the final triangle was located. The spot it directed me to was about 400 yards from the owl rock. Sounds kinda screwy but it worked. Might not work at your site but it's something you can check out. Good luck.

This stone is VERY similar to what you described. I'll measure tomorrow, but I'd say between 20-24 inches. When we found it only the top 2/3 was exposed, the bottom 1/3 was covered with dirt and debris. It was buried up to its face on about a 15-20 degree slope. The reason I mention that is I believe that degree of slope wouldn't allow much to settle on it over the years.

Question regarding triangles on Spanish trails. Did they use isosceles or equalateral, or are both possible? Also, I am assuming that on a triangle site one of the point markers will contain dig location and depth? Is it common for those two pieces of the puzzle to be one or separate signs?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
This stone is VERY similar to what you described. I'll measure tomorrow, but I'd say between 20-24 inches. When we found it only the top 2/3 was exposed, the bottom 1/3 was covered with dirt and debris. It was buried up to its face on about a 15-20 degree slope. The reason I mention that is I believe that degree of slope wouldn't allow much to settle on it over the years.

Question regarding triangles on Spanish trails. Did they use isosceles or equalateral, or are both possible? Also, I am assuming that on a triangle site one of the point markers will contain dig location and depth? Is it common for those two pieces of the puzzle to be one or separate signs?

I notice one of your lines is 51 deg to the NE. The line I shot from the owl rock was 52 deg to the NE and the next marker was a heart shaped boulder about 225 yards away. You might look for something in that direction. The heart boulder was the SW corner of a 30-60-90 triangle, not exact but close. The northernmost marker was an eye and the south marker was a small D shaped rock. 30-60-90 triangles are what I find at this site. The D rock showed the final direction and probably distance and depth but I didn't look for those because there was a big hole dug 100 feet away from the last marker in the direction indicated. It's my opinion that this site was a decoy site.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great stuff payne and mdog. thanks for posting the photos and info. heres a cut, owl relief and a Jesuit #7(this is not a camp site) the left owl ear and the Jesuit #7 are the main line,on this set up.and also on a north heading. I cant give all the info. on this site yet. the stone is set too. but these are true treasure sites guys,study the photos and info. this is some great stuff. thanks for posting it. mdog, I think that's one of the tricks they used. dig a hole,so you think the cache is gone.you don't find info.or photos like this in the treasure books, so treasure payne and mdogs post. View attachment 882494

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
great stuff payne and mdog. thanks for posting the photos and info. heres a cut, owl relief and a Jesuit #7(this is not a camp site) the left owl ear and the Jesuit #7 are the main line,on this set up.and also on a north heading. I cant give all the info. on this site yet. the stone is set too. but these are true treasure sites guys,study the photos and info. this is some great stuff. thanks for posting it. mdog, I think that's one of the tricks they used. dig a hole,so you think the cache is gone.you don't find info.or photos like this in the treasure books, so treasure payne and mdogs post. View attachment 882494

Hey Dog, how ya been. I've seen a nice little carved owl shaped just like yours but it was up high on a bluff. I never could get a good picture of it. It had a slash on the right side of the body. It was directing to look up high and to the right, which was north. The final signs were in that direction on top of the bluff.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Ok Guys...Ton of new info to post!!

The site has a number of areas, and I have a bit of information on each. I feel like the best way to get all of this out is going to be to make different posts for each piece of the puzzle, rather than one marathon message like I did on the "Signs Diagnosed" thread! Everything that I have found is on a straight line following the compass heading of the home stone, to reiterate that, everything is in as near a perfectly straight line as I'd imagine would be possible without physically pulling a line. The order is listed below, and I will follow that order with the individual posts.

-Home Tree
-Home Stone
-Tree Hollow
-Owl Stone
-Heart Stone
-Arrow Tree

Look forward to hearing your thoughts! Ok, here we go...

Payne, do you mind revealing which state you found these things in?

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there mdog. alls good here.hope all is well with you. good to here from you. thanks for the info. on the owl up on the bluff. you and payne got me all fired up for the hunt,cant wait to go back hit some of these sites,and do some more work.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Is the pic from the owl,dtth, so if someone is in the false chamber, you look out low side it points, to the owl. Like , this isn't it, pop out there it is. How deep is the false chamber, standing in it, were is the head level, just curious,, Thanks Justintime

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi justintime, this goes against what the experts say. that pile of stones is a monument. on the other side is some heavy carvings. the chamber is about 3 feet deep,could be much deeper. I didn't want to put this info. out,but,oh well,ill tell a little. just to the left of the black arrow that says false chamber,if you look down between the stones,there is a mini version of that wood pile that is in front of that stone monument. I take it as they are saying to remove those stones,and the smaller wood pile in side,to the left of the hollow chamber,its like a igloo built dome. I know the experts say,that thers nothing in the monuments,but again I belive that is a false,to throw people off track. hope that helps a little. there a lot of false info out there,just from what I have seen,from being a green horn,with only 2 years in the field part time. keep a open mind. follow your 6th sense,or 3rd eye. that's the system I use. hope it helps some. its right there.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Its been proven time after time experts aren't always right. Experts try to complicate, I have delt with several, just because they write books, don't make them experts,lol. Nice find, dog, Thanks for sharing, Justintime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread