Odd Tree

Z

Zekeman

In looking at some of the post in this forum I have noticed reference to "Jesuit trees".
These appear to have a branch or segment pointing it hooking downward towards the ground. Someone mentioned parsons nose and others mentioned or played around with the idea of phallic representation. What I would like to know: Why would someone go to the effort to place such a mark as high as 10 to 15 feet above the ground? as a limb forced into such a position on a young tree will not proportionally grow upward on the tree as it matures.

Could these oddity's merely be damage to a limb from a storm, such as another falling bough smashing down onto it and holding the limb in a downward position for many years?

To what extent did the Spanish Jesuits travel into or through Arkansas?

Has anyone ever found anything i.e. treasure at one of these trees?

I do know where one is I can pinpoint, and have seen others that I couldn't find again if you paid me.

OP
OP
Z

Zekeman

Come on guys, Please reply. I know I sound sceptical, but I just heard about the possible potential on this forum. I am sorry that I do not have a pic haven't been to the tree in 10 or more years. It is still there as the area in the neatvicinity has remained the same undisturbed site for over my lifespan.

dowser 501

Apr 26, 2006
Have dug down under the parsons nose on a tree pointer and recovered a piece of quartz, suggestive of gold. Ground below quartz appears virgin. Max

OP
OP
Z

Zekeman

Thanks Max,
I just did not want to make a 150 mi. round trip for nothing. I have been int hte vicinity of this tree but did not go to it as up untill now it was only an somewhat amusing thing I found.

OP
OP
Z

Zekeman

I also need to remember to spell check!

OP
OP
Z

Zekeman

Hey guys, gotta go sleep now, Check back later.

S

Smee

What part of Arkansas ya headed to? I live in Old Milo / Longview in Ashley County near Louisiana.

OP
OP
Z

Zekeman

Hey Smee,
Sorry about the response delay. I live central Ar. No travel unless I decide to go to the site.

OP
OP
Z

Zekeman

I see not too much attention to the "newbies" in this forum. Potential handicap or we dont know shinola.

S

Smee

Zekeman said:
I see not too much attention to the "newbies" in this forum. Potential handicap or we dont know shinola.

It does seem that way on occasion, but please be patient. Perhaps, since you don't have a photo, you might try a drawing of the tree from memory.

That would be more help than you just knowing where a tree is. There is a trail tree project (I'll look up the address later) which catalogs Indian trail trees. You might also want to peruse the articles that bytheriver and some others have posted links to in this forum. You may also want to do a google search which can direct you to more information about the subject of Jesuit trees.

I know that some of the posters here also post about these matters on other treasure hunting forums, so they may not have seen your posts . . . or they may want more information before they make any comments.

As for travelling --- I was just curious what part of the state you were talking about.

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Zeke

I found my first Indian Thong Tree back in the early 70's. I have never been the same again!

Just recently I have been introduced to the possibility that some of my trees could be Jesuit Trees. Dowser 501 is the expert in this area. He has been very helpful and generous with his time explaining the Jesuit tree concept to me.

Some of the marker trees are phallic in nature.....still trying to grasp this possibility.

We may never crack the code of the Secret Language of the Indian Bent Trees as the originators of the language and method of marking the trees have gone on to their final resting place. The secrets that were shared with future generations have been lost to "senior moments"....However I understand there are a few Native Americans who are capable of discerning the markings on the trees....I just don't know who they are, they are only known by a few select people whom they have learned to trust as they are and are very protective of their sacred knowledge.

I read that the Jesuit order was expelled from Spain in 1767 and their "treasure" was confiscated and given to the Franciscans in 1768. I am not a historian and never specialized in History so I am not expert in this area. Do some research and I am sure you will find some great information. When you discover new facts please take time to share them with us as we are all learning.

An Indian Trail tree with a pointer high up on the tree was called a "horse and rider tree" so that a man on a horse would be able to see the direction to follow.

I also read that some interested party such as a Jesuit would graft a branch so that it would grow and become part of the tree and become a pointer. Usually placed high up on the original tree. It is a real oddity to see. A tree within a tree!

Arkansas is a great state to look for these beauties. The valley area in the Arkansas Grand Canyon has some fine examples of these trees. You can view some of these trees on the side of the highway as you drive up Scenic Highway 7 to Cliff House. I haven't made this drive for about 5 years...hope they are still there. Another area to hike around is Hobbs State Park I understand the college students are studying these trees as part of a school project.

The tree posted was found in the hills around Lebanon Missouri the Fall of 05. This is an excellent example of an Indian Thong Tree. you can actually see the thong marks on the bark. The tree is hollow and very old. We also found another tree in the very same area. No picture enclosed...as we studied the area I believe this was a site used as a temporary campsite. There was a spring and the soil was indented lower than the surrounding ground. The other tree could have been a Buffalo tree. The Osage would tan and clean the buffalo and deer hides by pulling the hides back and forth over the bent limb.

Six months later when we returned to the site we were able to speak to a few locals. They told us about an encampment in the area, about buffalo and deer and a spring....they were curious as to what we were doing up in them thar hills..they asked "are you real estate agents". They proceeded in pointing us to other of them strange looking trees and an Indian encampment with a nice spring and tell tale signs "circles of 8 teepees"

There was a terrible ice storm January 17, 2006. Many trees were lost in the Bennett Springs and surrounding area.We will go back this spring and prayerfully our tree will be standing.

The following is by:

Red Jacket, Sagoyewatha (Seneca)

"I am an aged tree and can stand no longer"
I am about to leave you, and when I am gone, and my warming has no longer be heard or regarded, the craft and avarice of the white man will prevail. Many winters have I breasted the storm, but I am an aged tree and stand no longer. My leaves are fallen, my branches are withered, and I am shaken by every breeze. Soon my aged trunk will be prostrate, and the foot of the exulting foe of the Indian my be placed upon it in safety; for I have none who will be able to avenge such an indignity. Think not I mourn for myself. I go to join the spirits of my fathers, where age can not come; but my heart fails me when I think of my people, who are so soon to be scattered and forgotten​
By The River

Attachments

• Indian thong tree and Margaret.jpg
    Indian thong tree and Margaret.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,464
  • Indian thong tree and Margaret.jpg
    Indian thong tree and Margaret.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,435
OP
OP
Z

Zekeman

Thanks for the response and forgive my impatience.
Sorry about no pic. The growth on the tree has a very phallic resembelance. Also it is very near a spring but not right on top of it , I don't remember if it was pointed in the direction of the spring, may be. The tree is in the Ouchita Mtns.
Zeke

arkobnrs

Feb 8, 2006
I may be double posting, WHY do I have so much trouble with pics on this site????!!!!!!! ??? :'( ???

Attachments

• tree3sm.jpg
    tree3sm.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 916
  • tree3sm.jpg
    tree3sm.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 913

arkobnrs

Feb 8, 2006
Sheesh all that and I post the wrong pic, someone feel free to delete as I have already posted that around here somewhere....

Okay these trees are very small, but they definately point to some interesting places...

Attachments

• treessouthwestsm.jpg
    treessouthwestsm.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,335

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
Hi Brandy

I placed arrows on your 2 trees and one on a rock I thought you had 3 trees, where is the other?.....I wonder what that rock is telling ya!

by the River

Attachments

• arkob trees.jpg
    arkob trees.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,283

arkobnrs

Feb 8, 2006
the third one is to the far left, it touches the ground and it is behind a larger tree in this pic, they are all in a line, i looked at all the rocks out there, nothing obvious, there are rocks like that EVERYwhere here, so it could be nothing but next time im out there i will look closer at the one that jumped out at you. You should have been with me yesterday lol, was in an area so steep and rocky i was wishing I would turn into a billy goat for an hour.

bytheriver

Jul 11, 2006
We have come a long ways since we got into this bent tree adventure....so much fun! I wish I could have been with you , however I am not a very good "billy goat" lol!

That rock may be nothing since it is so close to the road...could have been ploughed up when the road crew was making the trail road. But never hurts to take another look!

Dowser has taught us how to look around and especially look for symbols such as rocks at the base or near the trees. I think we have come to the conclusion that your trees are not Indian Bent Trees but tree markers that possibly lead to a KGC cache of goodies.

I will be going to Hobbs next weekend to view some Indian Bent trees and hopefully find additional trees.

BTR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread