The duck

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trackers,
everyone should find online interactive topo maps and log the locations of each monument and signs that you find at at your site..this not only gets you a birds eye view of your site, but you can draw lines from pointers ect to find the next monument.be sure you make back ups of this data and keep it underlock and key , safe box ect even burn a copy and keep it at a different location in case of fire or theft.you can use a gps if you have one, otherwise I have plotted one using the grids on the interactive topo map.

I only work with laminated maps I get from the forestry service. I never use google earth or any online map to mark any area. I only use them online maps for access routes. I dont need a gps I know where its at, lol.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS, always a fountain of good info. I find the sites oriented to the eastern sky, possibly a Venus connection. The trail is usually oriented to and from Mexico City. So if I work the north south lines I dont need to do all the calculating Ranglers puts out. I know where it came and where its going.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS, I actually have a horse monument that has a heart, owl, horse, hoyo, and dead fall trap built on it. About 6 feet high, and I have one spot nearby that the detector nulls out meaning black sand or iron. Dig here signs are very controversial, but I have found hearts at just about every hole I have been in. When I say at, I mean with in 100' feet of the heart. I think the real dig here signs are the flat rocks i like to find that some would say mean nothing. The last sign is the one under ground. Not necessarily buried, but under the earth. Hollowed out parts of the mountain are just rocking. Its why I follow the dark signs.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS, always a fountain of good info. I find the sites oriented to the eastern sky, possibly a Venus connection. The trail is usually oriented to and from Mexico City. So if I work the north south lines I dont need to do all the calculating Ranglers puts out. I know where it came and where its going.

Casca, I don't remember anyone ever mentioning the fact that New Orleans was ALSO a shipping point for the Spanish, up until the Louisiana Purchase. I THINK there was a branch of your "north / south trail that went east across the country until reaching the area of what is Alexandria, Louisiana;, then hooked south to eventually arrive at New Orleans. They HAD to go that far north in Louisiana because the southern most part of the state is some SERIOUS bayous and swamps. If you haven't been in that area, just watch some of the episodes of Swamp People and see that area. Too, there was a branch trail from Santa Fe that came came down to intersect that main trail to N.O. That main trail entered what is today's Louisiana, at the Sabine River where Nacodoches, Texas is today.

I was working up a project to recover a small bronze cannon that had been buried in a trash pit at the Presido on that trail, just west of Alexandria. When the Spanish Viceroy in Mexico City ordered ALL Spanish citizens to leave that whole area and move to the west side of the Sabine River he gave them either 7 days or 14 days to get it done......I can't remember which. It was due to the up coming Louisiana Purchase and since there was some disagreement between Spain, France, and the U.S. as to just WHO owned that central strip across Louisiana. It was declared a "no man's land" for a few years until they all got their "sh**" together. Maps of that time label that area of land as The Neutral Strip because no country had a clear claim to it for a while so there was NO LAW to be seen. Man, the outlaws had a free run of that whole section for a while because no law would enter the Neutral Strip after them. Needles to say, there should be endles possibilities for treasures hidden there.

Anyway, according to the information I came across, the cannon was buried in the trash dump dug when the Presido was lighting their load of all unnecessary stuff (broken furnature, tools, stoves, etc. AND that cannon). The cannon had a cracked barrel and was considered too useless to bother taking. Well, I'd gotten all my ducks in a row (no pun intended), including scheduling a 2 weeks leave to go down to the area. I'd even checked out a light plane from our Base Aero Club at Barksdale AFB and flew over the area, taking some photos. Wellllll, some 6th sense had me go back to Centenary College Library for one more check in the records and found a small paper telling how the folks who had relocated to Nacodoches, TX, got a little nervous with the local Indians and sent some men back to the trash pit to dig up that cannon. They figured they'd just reinforce the cannon barrel by wrapping it with wire and wanted the extra insurance in case the Indians hit them. LOL Well, that closed out that project and saved me a lot of aggravation and disappointment.

While researching THAT project, is when I came across the information on that treasure trail to N.O. Many years later I came across a Spanish Map of different trails around the southwest and south and there was that one trail system.

Concerning the signs facing to the east........the Venus angle could be valid. The early gods of the Mesopotamia area included female gods connected to the planet. It was also known that the planet, Venus, is the ONLY female planet. Then, too, Ra was the sun god with folks facing east to worship him. And finally, the god of the Mayans, Aztecs, etc. referred to as the Feathered Serpent God, flew away toward the east when he left, promising to return some day. That's why the folks down there in the south of Mexico and the Yucatan Peninsula kept watch on the eastern skyline waiting for the great god to return.

I can't think of a reason the Spanish would orient something eastward for any reason other than a straight up directional reason.

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who said the spanish oriented it east lol.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO........MY BAD...........I had a brief brain fart. You are COOOOOrect my friend. :coffee2:

And, I forgot to mention in that last post that the trail east was not named "________ Treasure Trail".......it was named simply and plainly
like "________Shipping Trail", etc. I'm thinking that it was important for taking supplies INTO the west as well as taking stuff OUT of it.

Last edited:

sancho

Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rangler,

Like i said i ment no disrespect, and if you felt like i was attacking you i apologize. I have done my home work and i have read most of dignss post what i have been able to find. You yourself have given me some valuable and very usefull information. Again i thank you for this. I understand that they had to follow specific rules when marking the trail. But heres one for you again i mean no disrespect or attack you in any way. In this pic there is a duck on the ground pointing away frome the cave. and in ths cave is what I believe is an alpha map. My question is this. Am i supposed to turnaround and go back to what lead me to this cave? Am I on the wrong trail? Or do i explore and think outside the box? A busted up turtle and Two owls about 20 to 30 foot tall lead me to this cave along with a gunsight with an oyho in its center in the shape of the first owl. There is a third owl up and to the left of this cave about 20 yards or so looking down towards this cave. What digns is saying here is turnaround and find the true trial to the collection room right. If thats the case as you said it is. I shouldnt bother with this at all. I believe digns stated that this is just a decoy to make you think the treasure room has been emptied out. Let me know your thoughts on this. 100_1778.JPG 100_1775.JPG 100_1776.JPG

Last edited:

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Howdy folks, my bet that a Duck spends its life around water, It may be looking at a direction for water, or it could point the way to a resting place with water, just thinking agin

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca and Billythekidder:
In one episode, that guy on Diggin America, started a plot for ancient sites in the northeast, starting at Washington D.C. and the locations sit on a spiraling Golden Means line. Two of the spots were (1) the large rune stone that was in the coastal water site in Massachusetts (2) the site in Vermont that is called America's Stonehendge. Could some of your sites be connected with a curving line that forms a Golden Means (Phi) shape?

SS I am familure with the spiral cypher you speak of. Yes he is re writing history and I follow the series. I would not know how to introduce that topic and since it isnt my own work not comfortable saying too much about it. But I do believe that is a key. Good post. America Unearthed will give you some ideas.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS I am familure with the spiral cypher you speak of. Yes he is re writing history and I follow the series. I would not know how to introduce that topic and since it isnt my own work not comfortable saying too much about it. But I do believe that is a key. Good post. America Unearthed will give you some ideas.

Yep, that guy seems really into the subject of the Ancient explorers in America. He really pi---- me off in the episode that had that young teenager who had figured out that the compass bearing through the Stonehenge-like structure in New England carried forward through the same sighting alignment at Stonehenge in England. I was waiting for him to show the back azimuth, but he never did. MAN, that made me really aggravated. I was hoping to see what sites were along THAT line. Especially, any Indian mounds, villages, or very early settlements. I don't know how to use Google Earth well enough to plot out that line.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is keeping stuff like that for the last show you can bet.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There hasn't been any NEW episodes for quite a while. I wonder if he's going to be back.

EDIT: OOPS, just realized that we're getting side tracked on this thread. Well.........back to "ducks". :laughing7:

Last edited:

seahorse

Oct 24, 2009
college station tx.
Detector(s) used
ace 250,mxtpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello and good thread. dont know about oklahoma . but i bet its a good place to hunt. i want to know who use swans or geese in treasure signs. i have a a huge bird wth owl at my site i am working. shadow sign. bird is larger than owl long neck short beak. have lots more info . please help.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I found this about the duck hope this helps someone....
Measure the circumference of the duck's bill, beginning at one jawline and ending at the other. You'll need a tailor's cloth tape for this, as the surface is not straight. Take the measurement in inches and convert to varas - 33 inches per vara. If the duck's eye is a small one, and if the second eye is also small, the direction is south. If the other eye is large, the direction is east. If the other eye is huge, the direction is west. If there is no other eye, the direction is north. (This is based on arcane Jesuit legends concerning the sacred duck flock of Jerusalem, ca 30 a.d.)

Now, take a bearing between the very tip of the duck's bill and the sign it is looking at. Subtract the azimuth reading of this measurement from the duck-eye calculation above (90, 180, 270 or 360 degrees). The resultant calculation, in azimuth degrees, is your Drake Angle. From the duck's bill tip, travel in the direction of the Drake Angle, a distance of the vara length multiplied by the duck-eye calculation (remember - 90, 180, 270 or 360). When you arrive at the spot specified by this distance/bearing, stop and look in the same direction as the duck-eye angle (N, E, S or W). You should see the likeness of another animal in that direction, probably not far. Hopefully that next animal likeness will be an elephant - a very good indication indeed. I hope this is the type of information you are seeking.

Hey Billythekidder. Trying to bring this back on topic. Going through some pic's today and thought this would help. mm 1-22-13 131.JPG
I found this guy first. I think it may be a snake head. I have trouble telling these reptiles apart. However he was watching this guy.
mm 1-22-13 136.JPG
This is what i am calling a duck head. The pic was taken from the north looking south. The duck head is looking east. just a W.A.G. at 60 -75 degrees. This is the difficult part because when you move position you loose the duck head. It looks like something but you just can not figure it out. The question here is can you still measure around the bill or must it be a good sculpture?

OP
OP
B

billythekidder

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel does it turn into something else as you move or is it just the duck?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel:

I think that first photo has a horse head with it's muzzle pointing up and to the right and the second photo looks like a full bodied snake, crawling forward and to the left. That ground in front of the snake's head looks like it was once a trench that the snake if following.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pinwheel does it turn into something else as you move or is it just the duck?

Hi billy and thanks for taking the time. I only have three pic's of this duck as soon as I can i am going to get back out there and take some more pic's.
mm 1-22-13 134.JPG
This one is from the left front side of the duck head and probably to close.

mm 1-22-13 135.JPG
This one is from the right side and still to close.

mm 1-22-13 136.JPG
This one i have already posted. It is from further away. The one from the left leaves me with a feeling there is something there but i just can not put my finger on it. Many Thanks Pinwheel

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Pinwheel

Your top pic looks like a "T" cross, perhaps representing the crucifixion. Below that where it looks like someone has removed some of the lichen....perhaps the curled up lamb as if sleeping.

Oddrock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread