TUMACACORI SPANISH RECORD

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
The attached photo is of a symbol on a copy of a old spanish record that is related to the lost mines of the Tumacori Mission. This symbol is carved under a black rock near one of the mines. The photo is a drawing of the symbol on the record copy. Any opinion of the symbol or it meaning?

Attachments

• rockmarkings.jpg
    rockmarkings.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,303

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
sgtfda - my research indicates a plain cross represents four cardinal points. Not sure about the letters...

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Darren

Perhaps the cross is a reference to the 4 lost mines and the letters represent the four lost mines and or those that have a cache deposit.

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Sarge-- Have you seen the original rock?? My thinking is the C C are actually in the shape of horse shoes, meaning treasure. Ok the D's if that's what they are. perhaps the smaller D is a circle with a line at base (round rock) Large D and egg shaped rock with line at base. The T one line is shorter and one curvey, possibly the directions to go. Now the three dots HMMMM a triangle or symboles to find that make a triangle. As there are no dot on the CC's
Sure wish there was a picture of oringinal rock.

Jacko

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Jacko

I found the information I was looking for on that symbol. As far as the rock, no record of it being found as of this date. Look for a black rock that stands out! Your like a rock hound dog.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
This is also a test to see if anyone recognized the symbol or the controversy behind it.

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Jacko

If you find it don't move it from it's location without marking the EXACT location on the ground + your GPS. The location of the rock is the the key. It would be a black rock that stands out and should not be where it is.

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
cross could be a '' griega'' christian cross===cc could stand for this or possibly c=3 or 100---d=5 or 500---t=title, sign, or inscription=[titulo] this info is off a page intitled 'spanish document abbreviations' in book ''' waybill to spanish mines and treasures' by gale r. rhoads

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread