Spanish Signs at Recapture Creek

daleyboy

Greenie
Mar 16, 2006
Superior, Montana
Detector(s) used
minelab gp 3000 minelab xterra 70
In my never ending search for what is left of the gold bars that have been found here in the past, I found these Spanish Symbols. I know what a couple of them mean, but not what thy mean altogether. I think there was a big slab of them to the left of these that has been broken off in the past. When it warms up some, i,ll be back over there hunting. any ideas would be great. if the picture makes it on here, all the credit goes to Jeff of Pa for making it possible.

Attachments

• zzzz.jpg
    zzzz.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,065

eddypepper

Sep 14, 2013
white mesa utah
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen similar etchings in west water canyon though not as big. I had no idea they could be Spanish in origin. I ought to get a picture of them and post them. I went to recapture last weekend and got rained out.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_20130926_175540.jpg IMG_20130926_174506.jpg IMG_20130926_182443.jpg There are a couple of people, on the back of a horse stollen out of a cave. Looks like a mine map the pic is a little blurry. Take a better camera, when you go back. Good luck. Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Usually the information being displayed, can, be seen from there. Thanks Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
2007, wow I just realized, lol. had to show the horse thanks justintime

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow justintime, great work. man you and some others sure do have the talent to pull the hidden, faded, ancient and weather stuff out. great work. thanks. I never seen that it was from 2007 either .

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your putting too much info out there. That map is very east to read.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy cow justintime, great work. man you and some others sure do have the talent to pull the hidden, faded, ancient and weather stuff out. great work. thanks. I never seen that it was from 2007 either .

Thanks DTTH

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
dude,
your doing stream of consciousness..great for rapping or poetry or movies, but not for treasure hunters..I if that doodle was real and I dont think it is
the horse would be confirmation that the mine belonged to the King....the horse IS the symbol for the King of Spain..try researching signs and symbols on line and out in the field for a couple of decades..your diagnosis is premature and sorry to say very wrong.Sir- please use some retraint - as you are confusing people rather than informing them... it is a free country..but that must be tempered with real knowledge..or you will join the list of people who are a determent to this hobby..
oro only for the truly informed not the misinformed
rangler

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post is 6 years old and Op has not been back in 3. No reason to turn this post negative.

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be good to find out from the original poster, looks like he is gone. The upper right most legible sign is a 'split/fork in the trail' or fork in a creek. This also does not scream Spanish to me (unless the bars he found in the past supposedly, were Spanish, and if that really is a horse head and not natural, then maybe). I vote everything else is natural and you are meant to focus on the main carvings, and whatever carvings have been lost to the left of it... noobie out

joe

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Would like to see what original poster had to say also. Thanks Justintime

OP
OP
daleyboy

daleyboy

Greenie
Mar 16, 2006
Superior, Montana
Detector(s) used
minelab gp 3000 minelab xterra 70
Havent been on here in while. Glad this thread is still alive. There is more of these symbols at different locations along the canyon, i'll try to post some more pictures later this spring or summer. I usually use my minelab gp 3000 to detect down there,but i think im going to use my xterra 705 with that new nel tornado coil. Anyway its that time of the year when my thoughts are about the gold bars down there at recapture creek. Happy Hunting

J UU

Tenderfoot
Nov 22, 2015
ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you looking North of 262 or South? I was just north of San Juan River. Just wondering.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread