Modern Day Sentinls????

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
On the Spanish trails today, many trackers feel as though they are being watched while they are tracking. The Spanish have been gone for more than a 150 years. So who can it be? Well may be we can figure some of this out. There are American Indian tribes who are watching certain trail. Also there are certain sites that are on reservations that no outsiders are able to investigate. Barring these who else can it be? Well there are more trackers today than ever. A lot of times it is other trackers who have been working the trail and believe that this one belongs to them.

This is where it gets Sticky. Some people say it is spirits that is protecting these trails and sites. Souls of innocent people who were slain and buried with the treasure to protect it. I do not believe this myself. I believe that material substance is of no value what-so-ever to the ascended spirits. Material substance is only important to earthly and sensual human beings. Now having said that, there is one site of mine, that when I visit it I get an overwhelming and overpowering sense of evil. I can not explain it, but some times it is all I can do to keep my focus on the trail. It seems to be worse early in the morning or just before dark. I can promise everyone, I am not afraid of the dark. That just seems to be when the feelings of evil are the strongest.
I do not believe in ghost, period. But I do believe in demons, and perhaps this is what this is, but i can not speculate on this further.

Now as far a KGC Sentinels go there are some who would have one believe that there are
sentinels every where. That they ride around in long black limo's and fly black helicopters. That they are watching every move that they make. They would also hype up the dangers. Tell everybody that the trails are full of death traps. Everything from rock slides to poison in glass bottles to poisonous snakes to the masons. They hype it up so much the faint of hart would be afraid to leave the house.

I am a 4th generation grandson of a confederate solder. My Great grandfather was a knight of the old order. My Grandfather was a knight of the old order. And My Father was Knighted before I was born. The Last Confederate Solder died when I was a child. No more Knights.
One of my Close friends is the Grandson of the sister of Frank Dalton. He Grew up out on the banks of The North Canadian river not far from The Panhandle. As We both know, Everything the organization could find, they converted into cash and invested into oilwells and banking in the early 1900's. There might be a few families still watching a holler or a certain out cropping of rocks, but the organization has moved on.

There are modern day sentinels. They are what i call Guardians of knowledge. From The beginning of civilization There has been secret knowledge handed down to those who have been deemed worthy of such knowledge. Some times it is about treasure, but mostly it is about something else. These sentinels cruse these forums daily and when they see secret information being shared with the profane, they do what ever they have to to disrupt that flow of information. Some times these sentinels use 2 or3 different names. How ever when you know what it is that triggers these attacks and disruptions it does not take long to figure out who is who. These are The Guardians of Secret Knowledge. There are also those who have figured out how to work these trails. Weather it was handed down to them or the figured it out by trial and error, They do what they need to to protect the code. If you Want to know who these sentinels are, Just watch the People who never contribute anything useful. They will usually send you off on a wild goose chase. And It seem as though they are always attacking someone who is trying to help.

Pinwheel

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel;
Everything you wrote has some validity, but don't turn your back on the points you "poo-pooed". There ARE modern day Sentinels watching over some of the old, large caches. Some 20th century Sentinels are the one's behind Doc Noss's demise and the relocation of all those tons of gold that was in Victorio Peak. The back channel "word" was that the horde was relocated to some where on LBJ's ranch in Texas.

About 3 years or more ago, there was a project being worked by a man in the east. He located a vault on family property and was trying to figure out how to either disarm the explosive booby trap or find the safe "backdoor". He reported being followed by a man and woman (a couple) into the area everytime he went there. He managed to get the tag number on their car, and it was not listed in the records. An unmarked helicopter would over fly his location AND over his son's house at odd hours, day and night. When, he commented that he was getting really close to getting into the vault, he was suddenly served with court papers that a group of Melogions (sp) were sueing him for some, supposedly slanderous comments about them that he had posted on a forum. The court fight not only broke him financially, but had a hard effect on his health and he dropped on the forum. A mutual friend later let some of us know that the man was still alive, but was in bad health and would probably not finish his project. So, please don't think that modern day "watchers" are not out and about, all over the country.

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
+1 on Shortstack . Old Dog , Swiftsearcher , and I had similar experiences when we got too close to something in the east .

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Short Stack, Truckinbutch, Thanks so much for your replies.

I never intended to imply that there was no caches left to find, or that some sites are not being watched. As far a the KGC and civil war efforts go, there are still some large weapons caches to find. and also some relics. I do not believe there are any large hordes of gold and silver or cash to be found. Maybe some smaller caches that the organization could not find. The organization found a much more convenient and safer way to do their banking.

There are other treasure hunters that are long on resources and short on ethics. They have plenty of money and will do whatever it takes to beat a competitor to the vault. If they can claim it is the organization to strike fear in the competition then it is +1 for them. We know one can not concentrate on the trail if one is looking over their shoulder all the time.

I was only reading the forum when SwiftSearcher was posting. I was rooting for him with every post. I cant say about the helicopter but there is no way I would follow some one into the forest.. I might not ever come out again. So i guess the people who followed him into the forest really had to be brazen. That is all I want to comment on that.

I think to be a successful Thunter, one would have to be more determined than the people who hid it. Or the competition that is trying to beat you to the vault. People who are short on ethic's will use Ghost, Curses, The Masons, The organization, Death traps or any other distraction they can think of . I am not implying death traps are not real because they are. Just saying some people hype it up to strike fear into the hart of the competition. Neither am i implying that honest Thunters have not been harassed, because I know they have.

According to W.C. Jamison it was a general in the military who led the raid on Victoria Peak. Politicians have always been corrupt. Or that could have been the real Ft. Knoxx. I do not know for sure Just all kinds of stories about Vicky Peak. How does one know what to believe.

Pinwheel

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel:
A big point for you to keep in mind about the Sentinels is, they are folks who actually LIVE in the areas and have family ties with that area going back for generations. They are not some city slickers who come out on the weekends to check their special spots. The Sentinels BELONG in the area and the rest of us do NOT, therefore, we would be watched by the people because of us being outsiders. There are many areas that still hold the idea that outsiders are not welcomed unless they know someone from the area and that person takes them around to introduce them to the older men in the area.......the Elders. If the outsider can get the approval of the Elders, he can have a certain amount of leeway in exploring the mountains. BUT, he won't have UNLIMITED freedom to poke around. And the LAST thing you want to do is to lie or bullsh-- those folks because they'll see right trough it and you will not get a second chance. If one of the elders happens to say something like, poking around in the hills can be a little dangerous; do not ignore the warning. It'll be said sort of matter-of-fact, but it is still a warning and if you try to blow it off, they will then know for sure that you are a phoney. Be polite and leave and find somewhere else to research.....not anywhere in that whole area. They are politely telling you that you're not welcomed. This may sound like some movie script, but it isn't. People who have lived in an area for several generations, have seen what is going on in the world and are not interested in having any of the extra crap come in. Even if you buy a little piece of land and move onto it with a mobile home or build a little house / cabin there; it will still be some time before you're accepted into the "community". If you're a phoney, you will never be accepted......just "put up with".......for a while.

I've gone into a little more detail here than probably necessary, but people need to understand that going into a rural area to poke around for treasure is NOT like going around a town or city and knocking on doors to ask permission to metel detect the yard of an old house. Rural folks.......especially "hill" folks are a whole different situation. They are NOT dumb, slow, or crazy. They are good folks of a different mindset about life and friendship and responsibilities. If a Great Grandfather gave his word to guard somethng in an area, and passed that responsibility on to his son, etc. then the present "guard" takes that promise just as seriously as the person who gave it originally. Nuff said. :coffee2:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
It would be difficult to explain it any better than you did , Shortstack . Good advice for anyone about mountain communities .

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Short Stack, sounds like you have some first hand experience with these hill folks.
You must have missed my first post in this thread. I grew up in these hills, and I am from a family of watchers.
Could be that is why I can go where I want, when I want. But I know it is because that age is behind us. I know
one of the sites I am working was being care for up until about 12 years ago. The old sentinel died at the ripe old
age of 89. There are a few other hunters that i am competing with on this site. No harassment, They do their thing and I do mine. Whoever figures it out first will dig it up.

I am not concerned with the sentinels that is watching over these hordes. The sentinels that concern me are the ones that are cruising these threads. The guardians of secrets. They do what they need to to keep this information secret. I do have some first hand experience with this as you well know. You were very much involved in that discourse in which a large portion of the thread was deleted by the mods. I am not saying you are or were a sentinel, just you very well know what i am talking about.

Seems to me there are three kinds of these sentinels. The ones who create all the hype and hysteria, The ones who spread all the BS and false or incomplete information around, and the ones who attack and do what they need to to get a thread deleted. Just my thoughts on the situation.

Pinwheel

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel:
Sounds like you are a "hill folk" and fully understand my comment. No, I am not a Sentinel and I do not know any, at least not KNOWINGLY know any. What I wrote about the folks trust and acceptence was based on my memories of my own Grandparents......especially my Grand FATHERS. They were hard working men who took care of their families the best they could. I remember sitting back, as a young boy in my Uncle's country store, listening to the men talk. They'd come into the store and sit around the big, potbellied wood burning stove and talk about "stuff"........THEIR stuff. And often there would be a domino gaming going on to the side with the players voicing comments at times, too. That's where I learned that it is often lots better to be seen and not heard and to keep my own ears open. Too, you never repeat anything you've heard.

I agree with you about some lerkers on this forum, and others. There are quite possibly representatives of some "black" area of govenment who monitor discussions about areas that they DO NOT CONTROL directly. It's been pointed out by some members that the U.S. government has sewn up the lands with the larger deposites by making them Wildlife Preserves or National Forest or military reservations. If you look at all of those locations, you'll also see the probable locations of some very large "vaults" and / or natural deposites that have not been developed yet. The reason I used Doc Noss as a specific example is because Victoria Peak was already on a military reservation, but he ignored that fact.......and paid for that choice with his life. I have a photo of his body, slumped against the front bumper of his pickup on a dusty street, where he was shot in broad daylight. No one was ever prosecuted for that, as far as I can tell. Notice my choice of "prosecuted for" and not "arrested for".

Another good example of the government's locking up a spot is the location of the Carlsbad Caverns. Do you know that most of those caverns STILL have not been explored and mapped........at least not openly? And the largest, by far, is the Grand Canyon. Do you know that government regulations are in place, dictating that NO aircraft are permitted to fly BELOW the level of the mesa tops? The licensed flight businesses that take tourists on flights over the canyons are told the exact routes they are allowed to fly and you can bet, those routes do not allow the tourists to see anything really important. Such as the openings to ancient caves and large carvings that were not destroyed or "modified".

The last example I'll mention is the famous Superstition Mountains. Made government park lands loooong ago, to give the government complete control over the reported caches and mine locations in that area. While I was stationed at an Air Force base in Arizona, there were headless bodies found every year, out in the Supers. There were local stories about some small Indian groups that were responsible in their zest to prevent anyone finding and removing anything from the caches because they thought those caches were sacred because of the Indians who had lost their lives being forced to "work" the places. It made a good story for the news, but................

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
could be a squatch watching you or wild pigs

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pinwheel:

I agree with you about some lerkers on this forum, and others. There are quite possibly representatives of some "black" area of govenment who monitor discussions about areas that they DO NOT CONTROL directly. It's been pointed out by some members that the U.S. government has sewn up the lands with the larger deposites by making them Wildlife Preserves or National Forest or military reservations. If you look at all of those locations, you'll also see the probable locations of some very large "vaults" and / or natural deposites that have not been developed yet. The reason I used Doc Noss as a specific example is because Victoria Peak was already on a military reservation, but he ignored that fact.......and paid for that choice with his life. I have a photo of his body, slumped against the front bumper of his pickup on a dusty street, where he was shot in broad daylight. No one was ever prosecuted for that, as far as I can tell. Notice my choice of "prosecuted for" and not "arrested for".

Another good example of the government's locking up a spot is the location of the Carlsbad Caverns. Do you know that most of those caverns STILL have not been explored and mapped........at least not openly? And the largest, by far, is the Grand Canyon. Do you know that government regulations are in place, dictating that NO aircraft are permitted to fly BELOW the level of the mesa tops? The licensed flight businesses that take tourists on flights over the canyons are told the exact routes they are allowed to fly and you can bet, those routes do not allow the tourists to see anything really important. Such as the openings to ancient caves and large carvings that were not destroyed or "modified".

The last example I'll mention is the famous Superstition Mountains. Made government park lands loooong ago, to give the government complete control over the reported caches and mine locations in that area. While I was stationed at an Air Force base in Arizona, there were headless bodies found every year, out in the Supers. There were local stories about some small Indian groups that were responsible in their zest to prevent anyone finding and removing anything from the caches because they thought those caches were sacred because of the Indians who had lost their lives being forced to "work" the places. It made a good story for the news, but................

Short Stack. I can not speak about the things I do not know about. Where I hunt is national forest controlled by the USDA. Any way i can come and go as I choose, however some area's are restricted to foot traffic only. That does include horse or mule traffic. I can go where ever I like as long as I have the physical strength to get there and back. Now if a treasure hunter would like to dig something up he can get a permit to dig and in most cases use a back hole or other equipment as long as they do not have to build a new road to get the equipment to the location.
The exception to this is cave or tunnels as long as they have a least a rabbit hole in them. Providing one is small enough to squeeze in and out.

There is another location in this area where treasure hunters used to come from all over to hunt. To my knowledge no one ever found anything. It was a hot spot. I know it was being watched in the 1980's until the sentinel passed away. He was the last. After he passed the Government built a lake on top of the site. It is now a water supply lake called the James Fork Water Project. The general public is denied access any where near the lake. The lake was made from the head waters of the James Fork River. The lore that I was always told growing up is, The river got its name because the outlaws like Frank and Jessie, Bell Star, and the Henry Star Gang had a cave/hideout where the lake is now. There was a vault there, and that is what used to bring all the treasure hunters.

I knew the sentinel personally. Though he never shared any of the information with me, I knew he was watching it. I also knew how unsettle he would get when strangers showed up. I shall all ways miss him.

I know the organization found a better and safer way of banking. If They ever want what is there, I figure the dam will break some how.

Pinwheel

PoplarHill

Jan 20, 2014
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel:
A big point for you to keep in mind about the Sentinels is, they are folks who actually LIVE in the areas and have family ties with that area going back for generations. They are not some city slickers who come out on the weekends to check their special spots. The Sentinels BELONG in the area and the rest of us do NOT, therefore, we would be watched by the people because of us being outsiders. There are many areas that still hold the idea that outsiders are not welcomed unless they know someone from the area and that person takes them around to introduce them to the older men in the area.......the Elders. If the outsider can get the approval of the Elders, he can have a certain amount of leeway in exploring the mountains. BUT, he won't have UNLIMITED freedom to poke around. And the LAST thing you want to do is to lie or bullsh-- those folks because they'll see right trough it and you will not get a second chance. If one of the elders happens to say something like, poking around in the hills can be a little dangerous; do not ignore the warning. It'll be said sort of matter-of-fact, but it is still a warning and if you try to blow it off, they will then know for sure that you are a phoney. Be polite and leave and find somewhere else to research.....not anywhere in that whole area. They are politely telling you that you're not welcomed. This may sound like some movie script, but it isn't. People who have lived in an area for several generations, have seen what is going on in the world and are not interested in having any of the extra crap come in. Even if you buy a little piece of land and move onto it with a mobile home or build a little house / cabin there; it will still be some time before you're accepted into the "community". If you're a phoney, you will never be accepted......just "put up with".......for a while.

I've gone into a little more detail here than probably necessary, but people need to understand that going into a rural area to poke around for treasure is NOT like going around a town or city and knocking on doors to ask permission to metel detect the yard of an old house. Rural folks.......especially "hill" folks are a whole different situation. They are NOT dumb, slow, or crazy. They are good folks of a different mindset about life and friendship and responsibilities. If a Great Grandfather gave his word to guard somethng in an area, and passed that responsibility on to his son, etc. then the present "guard" takes that promise just as seriously as the person who gave it originally. Nuff said. :coffee2:

Well said.

What do you think about sentinel families that have "forgotten" over the generations? While families in the South are tight knit, I believe the sentinels provided knowledge to their children, but left it to the child to put the pieces together. Think about this, a boy raised behind a mule only knowing a hard life is told, "The rest of your life, you have to watch over 5 million dollars buried off down in the holler, but you can't ever use it". How many generations do you think will pass before one finally gets tired of the dirt life and goes and digs up the treasure? I think sentinel families still exist. I also think the majority of sentinel families left do not know what they are watching over otherwise it would have been gone. You'll find these old multi generation families still on the same land and they are connected to it by a family bond, but they have let the true meaning of why they are there be lost over the generations by not using the information they had been taught.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the boy behind the mule wont touch it, the boy behind the video game would,if he was strong enough to carry the pick and shovel that far,and strong enough to use them and smart enough to find the X spot, not the X box,lol. not to group all generations that way, I think the percentage of the field worker would respect the do not touch more,and hold it with way more value,then the X boxer,who would probley loss interest quick,but not all in each generation.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the boy behind the mule wont touch it, the boy behind the video game would,if he was strong enough to carry the pick and shovel that far,and strong enough to use them and smart enough to find the X spot, not the X box,lol. not to group all generations that way, I think the percentage of the field worker would respect the do not touch more,and hold it with way more value,then the X boxer,who would probley loss interest quick,but not all in each generation.

Popularhill:
I tend to agree with Dog,the treasure hunter. That boy behind the mule is raised in the atmosphere that a man's word is his bond and a man would NEVER break his word, once given. The so called "modern" generations have not been taught this. The "hill folks" in the back country / mountains / off the beaten path, still believe, teach, and live the code of honor that has been tossed aside by the more "enlightened" generations. Don't believe it? Look at all of those Litigation Lawyers around the country.....especially in the cities. The reason so many lawyers have found employment is because, generally speaking, a man's word is no longer his bond and others require his signature on duely notirized contracts that can be presented to a court for enforcement.

It is sad that so many people have lost respect for their own honor in something as simple as keeping their word once it's given. You may be correct, in some cases, concerning some family member getting greedy and digging up their "charges". That is always POSSIBLE; it's just sad if some DO go after the main cache and not just staying satisfied with collecting the "payday" caches that were left for their "salaries". It's my understanding that those "salary" caches were supposedly to be dug up only if in dire need. I could be wrong about THAT point......haven't studied it that much.

Last edited:

chazman

Jan 21, 2014
the sticks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said.

What do you think about sentinel families that have "forgotten" over the generations? While families in the South are tight knit, I believe the sentinels provided knowledge to their children, but left it to the child to put the pieces together. Think about this, a boy raised behind a mule only knowing a hard life is told, "The rest of your life, you have to watch over 5 million dollars buried off down in the holler, but you can't ever use it". How many generations do you think will pass before one finally gets tired of the dirt life and goes and digs up the treasure? I think sentinel families still exist. I also think the majority of sentinel families left do not know what they are watching over otherwise it would have been gone. You'll find these old multi generation families still on the same land and they are connected to it by a family bond, but they have let the true meaning of why they are there be lost over the generations by not using the information they had been taught.

I always figured that with time the real reason for watching might have been lost. with most folks, trustworthy or not, money will drive them mad if they can't have it and know it's there. most likely I imagine that the story was carried on until the hippy generation came along. since then it would be hard to find someone of enough moral character to actually guard such a treasure, knowingly.
it's possible that the original sentinels didn't know exactly what they were guarding all the time but were simply acting on the statement that "this has to be protected to further the cause." you see that with covert activities today, 90 percent of those participating just do their little part not really knowing why.

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I wanted to thank everyone who took time to read this thread and post your thoughts on the topic.

We really cannot talk about sentinels with out bringing up the book " Jessie James was one of His Names" since we have mostly been discussing KGC type sentinels. Now this book has a lot of hype around it. Cheapest copy I have found is $250 for a good hard back copy. Let me be clear, Unless you are a book collector or book dealer this book is not worth the cost. It is mainly about all the aliases that J. Frank Dalton used. He was supposed to have been Jessie James. There might be a few treasure leads in it, but not any thing i would take to the bank. Any serious researcher is right to question all the characters surrounding this book.

Any ways here is my point. The Book had to be sanctioned by the organization. Other wise I do not believe it would have ever been published. Yes i believe they are that powerful. Ok, the stories that J. Frank Dalton told about all the aliases he used was about the work he had done for the organization. He was supposed to have been 71 different people with many different jobs. any thing from being a congressman to a wealthy mine owner to the man who killed bob ford.

We have all met those people who made a career in the navy as a seal. On top of that they were the mayor of a big city for 15 while at the same time they worked on the side as a brain surgeon. Then they were a truck driver hauling nuclear waste and missiles as well. we just call them blowharts and do not pay any attention to them. That is not the case with J. Frank Dalton. He may of had many names but his work was always for the organization.The work he was doing was consolidating the holdings of the organization and making business deals for the organization. Here is the point. The KGC went underground after 1916. There are guys who have done a lot of research on this. From 1916 until about 1950 the KGC was going through a major reconstruction. They restructured the way the organization was to operate. They gathered up all the goods they could find. That is what jessie was doing. And they invested it into oil companies and banks. That is also what jessie was doing. When Jessie died the last confederate solder was dead. You see, The sentinel was only charged with watching what they were entursted with until the next uprising took place. With the last confederate solder gone there was no more hope in the next civil war. Now I am not saying that a 4th generation grand son of a confederate solder is not watching what grandpap said he would guard. But they are not KGC. The last I will say about the KGC is that their headquartes and goverment is not even in the USA anymore.If one understands what took place with freddy and fanny they will understand this.

Pinwheel

chazman

Jan 21, 2014
the sticks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to thank everyone who took time to read this thread and post your thoughts on the topic.

We really cannot talk about sentinels with out bringing up the book " Jessie James was one of His Names" since we have mostly been discussing KGC type sentinels. Now this book has a lot of hype around it. Cheapest copy I have found is $250 for a good hard back copy. Let me be clear, Unless you are a book collector or book dealer this book is not worth the cost. It is mainly about all the aliases that J. Frank Dalton used. He was supposed to have been Jessie James. There might be a few treasure leads in it, but not any thing i would take to the bank. Any serious researcher is right to question all the characters surrounding this book.

Any ways here is my point. The Book had to be sanctioned by the organization. Other wise I do not believe it would have ever been published. Yes i believe they are that powerful. Ok, the stories that J. Frank Dalton told about all the aliases he used was about the work he had done for the organization. He was supposed to have been 71 different people with many different jobs. any thing from being a congressman to a wealthy mine owner to the man who killed bob ford.

We have all met those people who made a career in the navy as a seal. On top of that they were the mayor of a big city for 15 while at the same time they worked on the side as a brain surgeon. Then they were a truck driver hauling nuclear waste and missiles as well. we just call them blowharts and do not pay any attention to them. That is not the case with J. Frank Dalton. He may of had many names but his work was always for the organization.The work he was doing was consolidating the holdings of the organization and making business deals for the organization. Here is the point. The KGC went underground after 1916. There are guys who have done a lot of research on this. From 1916 until about 1950 the KGC was going through a major reconstruction. They restructured the way the organization was to operate. They gathered up all the goods they could find. That is what jessie was doing. And they invested it into oil companies and banks. That is also what jessie was doing. When Jessie died the last confederate solder was dead. You see, The sentinel was only charged with watching what they were entursted with until the next uprising took place. With the last confederate solder gone there was no more hope in the next civil war. Now I am not saying that a 4th generation grand son of a confederate solder is not watching what grandpap said he would guard. But they are not KGC. The last I will say about the KGC is that their headquartes and goverment is not even in the USA anymore.If one understands what took place with freddy and fanny they will understand this.

Pinwheel

good point about it no longer being the next civil war in the same sense...

I know there were 2 "watchers" near the farm I grew up at. one to the north, one to the east. we were in heavily forested land, but any time we broke new ground one of them would pop out of the bushes to see what was going on...

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info from Shortstack and Pinwheel here. The KGC was a real group as we all know, fighting for the confederacy. But reliable information of their activities after the Civil War is hard to come by. But I have read the same information that you 2 have posted here, and it is very intriguing. I want to believe that they were amassing wealth after the civil war and burying it around, Jesse James lived on to fight for many years, etc, that would be a lot of fun for all of us to hunt down. But as I read my sources, I also always wonder how these guys could know where several thousand dollars worth of goodies are buried in their vicinity and not dig it up, year after year. yadayada...

On the sentinels... I have a story that provides a little proof to me at least that they do exist today yet. I guess without names and source this info is useless or could be made up, but its not made up, so for your entertainment:

I was in brief contact with an author, asking a few follow up questions about a book. The book was not about the Civil War or anything, but had a very brief mention of the KGC, this author was in contact with a KGC old timer. I dont know if he was actually in the KGC or just had this brief information on them from a member.

The reference to them in the book prompted the strangest incident: two "Civil War re-enactors" as he called them rode horses down to his property in the country, dressed in Confederate military police garb, launched into a rant about traitors and deserters behind enemy lines, how they were on a mission to hunt down anyone who betrayed the secrets of the KGC, and wanted to know his source. He told them that he had written all he knew and that the source was dead. Then they rode off.

I got the shivers after he told me that. Very possible these were just some yahoos , but who knows... So if they are watching this forum and contact him again after reading this, im sure I will get another email from him. If you KGC boys are watching, why dont you contact me instead, I know more about the KGC then he does LOL and he is not actively researching you guys, leave him alone :)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For one thing SOMEBODY stuck Freddy and Fannie with a lot of worthless paper in exchange for some REAL money..............(laundering) and the rest of us get stuck with the bill. Like the words of a country song a few years ago......"the fat man's busy dancing while the thin man pays the band." :)

chazman

Jan 21, 2014
the sticks
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info from Shortstack and Pinwheel here. The KGC was a real group as we all know, fighting for the confederacy. But reliable information of their activities after the Civil War is hard to come by. But I have read the same information that you 2 have posted here, and it is very intriguing. I want to believe that they were amassing wealth after the civil war and burying it around, Jesse James lived on to fight for many years, etc, that would be a lot of fun for all of us to hunt down. But as I read my sources, I also always wonder how these guys could know where several thousand dollars worth of goodies are buried in their vicinity and not dig it up, year after year. yadayada...

On the sentinels... I have a story that provides a little proof to me at least that they do exist today yet. I guess without names and source this info is useless or could be made up, but its not made up, so for your entertainment:

I was in brief contact with an author, asking a few follow up questions about a book. The book was not about the Civil War or anything, but had a very brief mention of the KGC, this author was in contact with a KGC old timer. I dont know if he was actually in the KGC or just had this brief information on them from a member.

The reference to them in the book prompted the strangest incident: two "Civil War re-enactors" as he called them rode horses down to his property in the country, dressed in Confederate military police garb, launched into a rant about traitors and deserters behind enemy lines, how they were on a mission to hunt down anyone who betrayed the secrets of the KGC, and wanted to know his source. He told them that he had written all he knew and that the source was dead. Then they rode off.

I got the shivers after he told me that. Very possible these were just some yahoos , but who knows... So if they are watching this forum and contact him again after reading this, im sure I will get another email from him. If you KGC boys are watching, why dont you contact me instead, I know more about the KGC then he does LOL and he is not actively researching you guys, leave him alone :)

brave of you to "take the bullet" as it were! LOL! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread