OP
OP
Azquester

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob632 I was just joking please don't take offense to my sense of humor. No ones running around digging up graves that I know off. There may be some Rambler envy going on but I believe he's his own audience.:laughing7:

Your research is excellent please keep it up.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't get offended, just irritated.

You see Bob there is a pattern that repeats itself if you read through some of these topics that goes like this:

New poster posts scratch marks on rock> sane person posts back that they appear to be scratch marks> new poster states Rxxxxxxr says they are treasure signs and he's made hundreds of people millionaires>Rxxxxxxr posts long rant about how only he has the ability to "decode" such scratchmarks, and you can too if you use Rxxxxxr's patented royal spanish hair tonic and wart remover> new poster states " i know it works because my hair has grown really long and I have no more warts> sane poster posts " isn't it possible that in the 20 years you've been looking your hair grew out and the warts went away on their own? Rxxxxxxr starts accusing anyone that doesn't agree with new poster is trying to keep everyone from getting rich, having long hair and no warts and sometimes clips pictures from old magazines he hopes no one has seen to send out as proof that his tonic works> Some of the more gullible are amazed and start buying the tonic, others are not impressed> as soon as said topic starts to slow down abit.......lo and behold another clueless newbie pops up and they go through the exact same process.

I guess common sense is the first thing to go when people think money is involved, take another example:

you find some interesting marks on a rock that might very well be marking something> hundreds of helpers start telling you to hop up and down on one leg while spinning in circles and the direction you fall down in is the compass heading you need to follow> sane poster states" why don't you use a systematic approach and make a circular search outward from the rock noting any other rocks that might have marks on them> immediately previous helpers discount sane advice and come up with several hundred more useless methods> original poster being clearly devoid of any practical common sense is dazed and confused......seeks help from Rxxxxxxr.

this cycle repeats over and over here and has for years.......unbelievable.

your awesome bob , you made me smile with that post , thanks!

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Yep.. I'm thick skinned... but I stopped posting here regularly because of too much garbage to be waded through. I'm not talking about people spit-balling or guessing... I'm talking about too many that are simply insincere and a nuisance.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, right on Bob632, I found the location of a silver mine with high grade ore in, of all places, LOUISIANA, when I investigated an autobiography of an early governor in New France. His assigned location was in Natchez (later in state of Mississippi). He was taken on a trip around just a small part of the area that later became the Louisiana Purchase---the Louisiana, Arkansas, and Missouri parts.

I've always found that the best treasure leads are in books that are NOT about treasure. Mostly history books, biographies, and autobiographies. :coffee2:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I hate to distract from this excellent thread the original poster started but it might be a good distraction for anyone that's interested.

It's a story about people the native americans call the pa-nee-nees:

if you are ever in Dinosuar national monument make a trip into an area called echo canyon, on the walls there are some pictures that are supposedly the oldest in the park:

here's a nice blurry picture of one, I have some real good ones but it seems stories are more believable if they are imaginary and full of mystery so here you go....

View attachment 994746

The paneenees were of a light complexion, small and industrious bunch and they built some amazing things, in egypt they were called the "Tamahu":

Atlantis, the Antediluvian World: Part V: Chapter VI: The African Colonies.

The story of the British race - John Forbes Munro - Google Books

actually they built megalithic structures all over the place, including south america:

The Mediterranean Race: A Study of the Origin of European Peoples - Giuseppe Sergi - Google Books

These people were supposed to have been cave dwellers, light skinned, strong, were from northern africa, and had a particular alphabet:

The origin and varieties of the Semitic alphabet. [With] Addendum - John Caldwell C. Clarke - Google Books

the "lybian" or "berber" alphabet might be familiar to some people, it's amazing resemblance to the "oak island inscription" is surprising, too bad nobody knows where the actual stone is.....it could probably be deciphered.

The Journal of the Royal Anthropological Institute of Great Britain and Ireland - Google Books

the native americans completely destroyed their entire race, I guess they didn't like them much, but it does explain the ruins you find all over south america that are older than any other known civilizations:

Records of the Past - Google Books

now, with some free reading and some actual "boots on the ground" type experience, anyone that's interested can learn some more about the people who's graves the spaniards were robbing.

or you can pay for a "treasure book" that is completely useless.

I don't care either way, whatever is fun for you.

Bob632, good post and I enjoyed the links.

The picture is a bit fuzzy and I was wondering if it shows a creature with a round head and a long neck? Have you ever seen any evidence in the field of these short people? Also, why do you think the Spanish were raiding their graves? Were there any written accounts of this?

There were three early Spanish expeditions, that I've read of, that left New Mexico and travelled across the plains to the NE. I've often wondered why the Spanish would leave a mountainous region, where it was more likely they would discover rich minerals, and head off across the prairie. It's my guess that they were looking for something that they knew was in that direction, or else they were following somebody. They could have been looking for Indian mounds or the Moundbuilder centers. Or else,The Spanish Fight

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Here's why I asked if your carving was a round headed guy with a long neck.

600.jpg

This is from the upper Mississippi Valley and is on the side of a bluff overlooking a stream. It matches the description of the water god Tlaloc but far away from Mexico.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I've read many accounts of the discovery of giant skeletons found in mounds during the 19th century. Most of the accounts that I've read were along the Mississippi River. There was one found in my county that was over 8 feet and buried sitting up and facing east. I think he must have disappeared too because I haven't been able to find anymore information about it.

When Coronado was up around northern Kansas, he found some of the Indians were very tall. A few were measured at 6'10".

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Creature with a round head and a long neck? nobody said the people that chiseled these were classically trained artists.

View attachment 995285

want to know if your "hero" royal spanish treasure sign interpreter is full of it? ask him what the square on that guys hat is......then come back here and ask me.

Bob 362,

I'd like to know what your interpretation of the square is.

This picture that I'm posting was posted by a Tnet member from Tunisia, Tchalinjar. He hasn't posted for quite awhile. He said the picture refers to a Jewish civilization. Wasn't too clear about where the picture was taken.

tchalinjar's picture 600.jpg

I also asked him about Phoenician trail markers that might have been used in North Africa and he mentioned the land turtle and the sea turtle. Here's his quote, "The most famous sacred symbols which are related to commercial transactions, there turtle code 00 there is a big wild turtle be carved on a rock and is referring to the wild trade routes and there is a large marine turtle and refers to the maritime trade and we have this code in the coastal places."

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
No problem Mdog.

You don't see these glyphs all over the place, they only put them in specific locations, not just the square, any glyphs. They were boundary markers.

http://books.google.com/books?id=vzS2AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA198&img=1&zoom=3&hl=en&sig=ACfU3U2bGvPA7L6pqHlgxFtNFJCglcJ-5g&ci=119%2C177%2C758%2C749&edge=0

I didn't think the "spanish worshiping" crew could come up with anything, you see I don't just start guessing and typing words into google.........I already KNOW what I'm looking for.

Over the years I've become less and less gullible, I've heard stories of "spanish suits of armor" in the black canyon and what not, but these are just fantasies created by the same group the brought you things like "long range locators"

There's a reason they hide behind their stance of "the stuff I know is secret and worth millions, so I won't tell anybody anything" and it's because they are living a lie. Once you start the lie you have to keep it up or lose face, and that's really all they have......their enormous egos and the lie.

Some people move past the "gullible" stage and move on to discovery........other people are gullible for life and stay in the dark.

Bob632, thanks. I never would have thought of boundary markers. That might explain the cross up and to the left of my long-necked critter.

Here is something you might have run across in your Egyptian studies that seems similar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_(hieroglyph)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:City_plan,_town_(hieroglyph)

Here's a link about Memphis, Egypt and if you scroll down, you can see the glyph for Memphis and how the town glyph was used.

Memphis, Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's Thebes.

Thebes, Egypt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go bob Go!

oh heck i'm cheap and easy .:laughing7: the thing that got me along time ago was when the FINDERS of such things told me the Dore bars were so old they had been fused together . hmmmmmmm. Great links amigo !

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
there's more to this also Mdog, I mentioned the suit of armor thing for a good reason, scroll down to the Indo-persion horseman get up and look at the chainmail, then have another look at those pictures in echo canyon.

American Spurs

people find armor on occasion, and instantly assume it's spanish, the problem is these particular carvings were made........way before they ever got here.

Armor in Mongolian Museums | Frauenadler

I think I'm starting to get your point here. There are two different types of human stick figures on the petroglyph, the guys with feathers on their helmets and the guys without. The feathered guys are bigger than the others. If the squares are boundry markers, do you think there were two different sets of petroglyphs from different times, the little guys with the goats first and then the feathered guys with the boundry marker squares. One of the feathered guys looks really big compared to the others.

I want to make sure I'm looking at the right spot on the map. NW Colorado-NE Utah, is that right. If I'm at the right spot, the place you're talking about is at the west end of a trail that ends up at the Atlantic Ocean. This park is at the 40th latitude and Coronado was looking for something at the 40th latitude. It's just my opinion that he was looking for an east-west trail that he knew was there. He also ran into some real tall Indians at that point, some were 6'10". I'll see if I can find the link that talks of these things.

Thanks

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Here are a couple of links that mention Coronado at the 40th degree.

Kansas and Kansans Ch. 1 Pt. 2

History of Hamilton and Clay Counties, Nebraska - George L. Burr, O. O. Buck - Google Books

There was some controversy about the accuracy of Coronado's determination of latitude. Although he reported he was at the 40th, some historians believe that the early Spanish explorers were consistently off by two degrees, so they claim he would have actually been at the 38th. It doesn't make any difference though because Coronado thought he was at the 40th and he spent 3 weeks in that area exploring.

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Here are a couple of links that mention Coronado at the 40th degree.

Kansas and Kansans Ch. 1 Pt. 2

From link: "... The boldest dissenter from their conclusions is F. S. Dellenbaugh, himself a student and explorer, and long familiar with both the topography and geography of all the country traversed by Coronado. He contends with an astonishing array of evidence that the route of the expedition lay much more to the east than it has been placed. Cibola was on the Mimbres about the present Demming, rather than at the Zuni. His location of Tiguex, it seems to me, can not be disproven, and is much lower down the Rio Grande than the generally accepted site at Bernalillo..."

Now, that is interesting! Thanks, Rick.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
From link: "... The boldest dissenter from their conclusions is F. S. Dellenbaugh, himself a student and explorer, and long familiar with both the topography and geography of all the country traversed by Coronado. He contends with an astonishing array of evidence that the route of the expedition lay much more to the east than it has been placed. Cibola was on the Mimbres about the present Demming, rather than at the Zuni. His location of Tiguex, it seems to me, can not be disproven, and is much lower down the Rio Grande than the generally accepted site at Bernalillo..."

That's pretty close to some of the places you wrote about in your book, isn't it?

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;

Thanks mdog,great stuff. That is where i believe one of the 7 city's is located. Tons of caches in that area. Victorio peak is chump change compared to there.its there. + many other things that people wouldn't believe. Thanks.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Marcos de Niza was in Peru in 1532 and witnessed Pizarro's outrages against the Inca firsthand. He wrote a scathing series of letters in protest of Pizarro's actions, notably Information to the Court and to the Bishop. You won't be able to read the letters because all known copies were hunted down, seized and destroyed by Pizarro's agents. Other contemporaries who received the letters before they were confiscated commented on them in their own later writings. Marcos had become a staunch champion of New World Natives and their rights before he was assigned to Mexico.

Interestingly, Coronado and Marcos de Niza were dispatched together in 1538 to check out the gold rumors beyond the Northern Frontier. They traveled north to the approximate latitude of today's Durango, Mexico. There, Coronado chased rumors into the Sierra Madre, and Marcos - led by Estavanico - continued north into today's Arizona and New Mexico. Presumably, by this time, Marcos must have made some sort of a character judgement of Coronado, who of course was hellbent on gold and, as his actions later demonstrated, was capable of the same sort of behavior as Pizzaro in order to find and seize it. There is still debate as to what exactly Marcos and Estavanico did and where they went before returning to Mexico in 1539 with reports that excited the folks back in Mexico.

When Coronado began his expedition to plunder 'Cibola' in1540, Marcos was chosen to guide him. At some point - possibly the mouth of today's Rio San Francisco - Marcos left the Rio Gila and led Coronado north. They ended up at Zuni, where an outraged Coronado- finding only mud huts- send Marcos home in shame.

Was Marcos an incompetent, lying dummy - misleading Coronado so badly - or was he protecting the Natives in the Gila headwaters country? If so, why did he feel those Natives needed protection? Did he and Estavanico find something of value there?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread