Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-4133252314.jpg

Ran across this the other day and wandered what it may mean. The tree to the right is probably 10 feet in diameter and hollowed out. My at pro gave me a 44 reading on the right tree. The tree is full of water and soggy sawdust.

image-2998180778.jpg

image-3582274221.jpg

Thanks for looking and in advance for any help on meaning of carvings.
Josh

Mighty

Oct 30, 2013
Iligan City
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro Metal Detector with Treasure Hound Eagle Eye Depth Multiplier and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe that tree is a picnic place/well of a birds and bees?:laughing7: thank you

OP
OP
Jdubbya74

Jdubbya74

Jan 6, 2014
Denton County Tx
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were actually chased off of this site by a helicopter that hovered over us for ten minutes. Guess the state park boundaries should have been a clue

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That big slash down the trunk of the one tree looks like a lightning hit from a LONG time ago. Some trees become hollow with age. The Sycamore tree is one.....and I think the Tamarac is another. But, the Tamarac Tree doesn't last as long as the tree in the photo has because they have weak wood structure. The Sycamore, on the other hand, has a strong trunk even with the hollow centers.

Not saying that this tree is ALL natural and has not been used by man. People could easily have used it for their own things BECAUSE it already had the hollow core.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread