What is the go to literature for signs and symbols?

OP
OP
C

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were a few responses the other day? Where did they go?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start by purchaseing books by Charles Kenworthy and reading them front to back several times

I agree. Jameson put out some books with interesting stories, but he had too many fingers in too many pies.

CZachary, you want to learn the real deal codes, get the information put out by the people who concentrated on USING them. Kenworthy is the best known in this arena and a couple more are Lou Layton and Calvin Keyes. If you'll go back and read all the posts in this section made by Old Dog and Lost Horse, you will learn a heck of a lot for free, right here. Read and study posts by dsty to learn great things about drill holes. He has closely studied those and their coded meanings far more than any other member. There is one or two others who try to come across as knowledgeable, but dsty is the man on these. He is also highly knowledgeable and experienced in the field following and reading trail codes.

Last edited:

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
WELL! Thank you Bill, It really helps to Study each sentence to glean everything possible, or perhaps its just me I have to study every little thing in case I miss something that's important. If I was starting over I would stay on ONE trail, such as the 2.5 mile ( league ) square and see about finding cache sites, or perhaps look for old mines that have trails and follow them to the end, mostly using Google earth, county maps, Geology Survey, find ones that follow a Royal Trail, or perhaps those that follow outpost, settlements, If you don't settle on one, then there will be nothing but confusion, chaseing your tail and never really get anything figured out.

Last edited:

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Czachary,

Short Stacks advise is correct. Read each book more than once. If you get serious--you need Kenworthys book on traps before you stick a shovel in the ground.
I will add that OLD DOG is coming out with some books--and I will certainly buy every one as soon as they are available.

I will repeat Shortstacks advise--read everyone of those 6 books--several times. Often repetition is the mother of skill or learning. There is also a book by Pickett if I recall correctly--at Treasure Hunters University-- Then after you know it all--get a professionals advise before you ever try to enter a stone door!! There used to be a person---LOCO GATOS -- who's description of two of his encounters --with what many posters say do not exist--the Spanish Traps--would leave you shaking in your boots! In less than 60 seconds from the moment he breached the front door--the situation was completely out of control--as a fast moving 5 ton surface slider followed by ten tons of rock boulders came racing down on him at 35 MPH--and the race began with him in the bottom of a six foot deep hole!!!

Barton

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Czachary,

Short Stacks advise is correct. Read each book more than once. If you get serious--you need Kenworthys book on traps before you stick a shovel in the ground.
I will add that OLD DOG is coming out with some books--and I will certainly buy every one as soon as they are available.

I will repeat Shortstacks advise--read everyone of those 6 books--several times. Often repetition is the mother of skill or learning. There is also a book by Pickett if I recall correctly--at Treasure Hunters University-- Then after you know it all--get a professionals advise before you ever try to enter a stone door!! There used to be a person---LOCO GATOS -- who's description of two of his encounters --with what many posters say do not exist--the Spanish Traps--would leave you shaking in your boots! In less than 60 seconds from the moment he breached the front door--the situation was completely out of control--as a fast moving 5 ton surface slider followed by ten tons of rock boulders came racing down on him at 35 MPH--and the race began with him in the bottom of a six foot deep hole!!!

Barton

Lou Layton, in his own book, tells of how he and a couple of his hunting partners came so close to being crushed inside a tunnel, that he still gets the shakes. They noticed a slight amount of sand trickling from the roof and got the heck out of the tunnel. They then climbed onto the cliff / bench area directly over the tunnel and began digging and found the "kill stone" buried there where it would have dropped down onto their heads. The stone was at least a couple of tons. As Barton is pointing out, if the Spanish built any Death Traps, those traps are still fully operational. I'll point out, also, that any KGC death traps will be constructed utilizing black powder as the "killer tool". As long as the black powder is DRY, it will blow up just as if it was brand new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread