ROCK SYMBOLS FOUND JUST OUTSIDE OF INDIAN TERRITORY!!!!

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I took some more pictures of the rock from a distance. Would you consider this a turtle? If so, what do turtles signify?

Rock 20ft.JPG Rock 20ft Outline.jpg
Rock 5 ft.JPG Rock 5 ft Outline.jpg
Standing on Rock.JPG Standing on Rock Outline.jpg

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
I see a rock with a couple of peoples initials with the year that they were there. Nothing more, nothing less.

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, Just modern graffiti! And NOT "TODAYS FINDS", just a SCREWY OLDIE thread!

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would just ignore the "opinoinated" and "harsh" remarks about this. The fact is whether or not it is "graffiti", it is an interesting find, and you should not give up on it just because some don't have a good imagination. (not saying you are using you imagination when it comes to this rock!) What I guess I mean is, people who are always so absolute in what they "think" they know about something, when they really know nothing, simply will not find as much treasure as those of us who might be labeled as "dreamers". I am a person that many have called (derogatoraly) a "dreamer", but I find treasure. And I have found some amazing stuff,(at least amazing to me) and I am sure you are the same type of person, and hope you all the best in whatever venture you take! (Sometimes comments people make on here annoy the crap out of me, but then I realize how little they really know about what we "finders" do!) Anyhow, have fun on this adventure, and I'll be watching this thread to see if anything "pans out"!!!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOT FOR A MINUTE WOUD I THINK DANIEL BOONE , MAYBE DAVID BOWIE , ANYWAY INTERESTING FIND ...

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I also found this carvings on a rock wall about 1/4 mile away.

BR Rock Carving.jpeg BR Rock Carving Highlighted.jpg

Last edited:

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That last one looks a lot older

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you are right CRUSADER. The second letter looks to be another 'B'.

Last edited:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like maybe it was a popular hangout in the 1950's, like maybe a "lovers lane" type of spot. I would detect the heck out of the area and try to find some evidence of activity. Maybe you'll find Wheats and Mercury dimes. Maybe you'll find Indian Head cents and Seated silver, and if that's the case it might be worth investigating the carvings further.

Pretty much any spot that is easily carved, like sandstone, will have evidence of people scratching their initials in. I have a spot like that around here, it's massive, tunnels and everything. Every square inch is covered in initials and dates. Most of the First Nations petroglyphs have been destroyed. Luckily I have been able to photograph the hard to find ones that are still there. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451578538.214283.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451578598.321572.jpg

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can date that by identifying the lichen, although it may be quite a bit older than the lichen, I know that different kinds of lichen have different growth rates, and many types can be very very old.

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a picture showing more Lichen. The largest ones look to be somewhere between 2 and 2.5 inches. Does anyone have any tips on aging the lichen?

BR Lichen.jpg

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I found another symbol. It is a square with a dot in the bottom. Has anyone seen this sign before?

Box Rock Carving.jpeg Box Rock Carving (Highlighted).jpg

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
This tree was about 300 ft from the rock with the D.B. and H.M. Could this be a marker/ Hoot Owl Tree?

Hoot Owl Tree Highlighted.jpg Hoot Owl Tree.jpg

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this hole drilled into a large rock. It is flat on the ground and the hole is point straight up in the air. It is about 2" in diameter and at least 12" deep. Is this a drill hole?

Drill Hole.jpg

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
looking 1.jpg looking.jpg Man looking. Seen these before too. Usually quite far, long trail. Mine look up a major tributary drainage to travel up. The hand over the brim probably means a long ways off. It's the only thing I know that really means that.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread