* Front & right the entry from the place before pass the "eagle guardian"
* Hidden among a hill

* Owl (hole)
* Snake head (orange rock)
* Black dog (shadow)
* Opening (space between stones) .. stones forming owl
* a=Lion? (shadow)
* b=?

Front & back monument a bunch of rocks ..

* Owl head/eyes? (carved)
* Like "L/V" in angle side to "carved owl"
.. someone dug here

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a eye most dont possess. I could not ee all you mentioned, but seen enough. Thank You for sharing. You are very close to me, and the owl/eagle is a common sign. If you examine the monuments you may find they have dual meaning.

OP
OP
widomanmx

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
casca, sorry for the bad pictures, i thought we would return by the same route but did not happen :BangHead:
.. i hope soon return to the place & update "entry" pictures

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
widomanmx, this guy doesnt look like a lion to me, i would site where he is
looking, may be something interesting over there
from your 3rd pic in your first post

man.jpg

your 3rd pic
6pwdo.jpg

OP
OP
widomanmx

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
cw0909, i dont know if i can reach that area .. is very high & risky

OP
OP
widomanmx

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Site #2

* panorama picture
* "big V" right & up from owl
.. i think "big V" is not real only a coincidence, maybe some one dynamited (see pile of rocks down)

* huge owl .. big eye looks to the left, head points up & left in angle (touch bird?)
* bird (shadow) .. on cliffs, up & left of owl .. beak points to left (to M?)

* doorway .. to the left of owl .. thanks! shortstack :icon_thumright:

* sky hoyo
* M (carved/shadow) .. down & right hoyo almost in the ground .. middle points down to turtle
.. thanks! shortstack :icon_thumright:

* turtle? with symbols
* turtle on owl left (where his eye looks) a bit further up on the field

Enjoy 8-)

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the lion picture above. You can bet there is only one trail to it. You may have to try several times till you get to it. If it is too risky I would not chance it, there is nothing worth your life or health. I have found some good stuff hidden up high. A lion could denote a entrance close by. You would have to get to the lion to see. One thing folks dont talk about here is the hole. Just because you find the hole doesn't mean you can get into it. It was made that way on purpose. You take your time with that lion, get some good pictures at different times of the day. You need to confirm that is a monument before you go up, you need a shadow sign saying what is there. Most of the small caches are along the trail unmarked. You need to line up some monuments and do some math. Good luck.

OP
OP
widomanmx

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks to all who commented on my posts
.. about my published pictures anybody can use as they wish

I give up :(
.. this madness of spanish symbols is for experts

Good luck! & remember enjoy the view 8-)

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
casca, sorry for the bad pictures, i thought we would return by the same route but did not happen :BangHead:
.. i hope soon return to the place & update "entry" pictures
widomanmx, speaking from experience I can tell you I have seen some fo this before. I have a picture very much the same as one of yours. You are close to a work area Im sure. On the main trail as you climb, stop every 10 feet or so and take pictures. I take upwards to 400 pictures a hour when I am opening up a new site. The camera see's 600 times more than the human eye. You will then need to take a few hours and search each picture for sign. Now looks like you will be working this for awhile so add to your hand drawn map s you discover stuff. Now a gps and a map from the forestry service would be spot on, you dont need to be that accurate. You will know when you find what is hidden there. I suspect that place is also a jumping off point for a main trail to the next camp or work area. I would ask you, do you plan on just working this site, or continuing on the trail to see what else is out there? Some folks get hung up at one rock and never leave. If your not finding hearts or crosses, or say bird signs, or large turtles you may need to move on. Some signs like lions could also mark a special opening. You may notice some square or diamond shaped holes where timbers were used to work a mine. I likw thw fact you have scattered boulders laying everywhere. Try to ignore the faces at this point. Look for the shadow signs up high. It took me 6 attempts to find a hidden trail my first site. Before I could see and identify signs. Love the pics, keep posting.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone notice the color of the rocks in widows pictures. I try to work a little geology in my sites to tell me if there could be silver of gold there. I sure hope widow didnt leave. I had to take a break from the laptop for a few days. Too much internet lol.

OP
OP
widomanmx

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the advices :icon_thumleft:

My plan is follow the trail as much i can (take pictures) & review carefully certain zones
.. probably take 2-3 months to return .. its rainy and snakes season
.. also my partners gave up, they had enough with 1 escalation :dontknow:
An adventure Indiana Jones type :whip2: .. No, thanks!, still im too young :laughing7:

If something it's hidden here, will be deep like hell :boxing:

See ya
George

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have one nice site there widow. Not all is buried deep, need to find the map stone. good luck.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Widomanmx:
You mentioned having some trouble getting some pictures to come out right. Might I suggest something to you to turn the odds more in your favor when taking your photos. That is, if you are using a digital camera, use the "Landscape Mode". This way, everything in the photo from about 3 or 4 feet in front of you, on out into infinity will be in focus. Set your camera for the highest resolution it will take and try to use something to steady your camera when you shoot the pictures. A tripod is great, but a walking stick with a simple camera mounting screw will do well, too.......AND help you walk the trails. :icon_thumleft: When taking shots of things right in front of you, you can still use that setting as long as you're standing at least 4 feet away. One thing I forgot to mention about using the highest resolution setting.....it will lower the total number of photos you can take on each memory card, but it will allow you to enlarge the pics without losing much detail. Well, up to a point. My old digital is only a 5.1 megapixel, but it will do everything I want......Landscape; video with sound; Macro ; Panorama; Action; etc. I've had it for about 12 years or longer and it was pretty advanced at the time I got it. These days basic digital cameras come with 10 or more megapixels, but I'll still keep my old HP 707. :coffee2:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Widomanmx:
I don't remember if I marked these things before, but here they are.
--That large 3 dimensional carving, outlined in red, of either a profile of a head with a seriously BIG hooked nose, OR...it's an upright owl with it's wing sticking out to the side with it's tip curved down to point at something. Possibly a small pocket behind that small head.

--The small yellow circle just to the right side of the statue is around what looks like a profile of a human head, tilted sharply down and to the right.....looking at something.

--The large area outlined in red is either a rounded shelf or pocket area. Could that face be looking here??

--The large yellow circle down lower is around a large, dark shape that is either a sun shape or an octopus. I can't tell if there's 8 "arms" on that figure or not.

--The small yellow circle right next to the sun shape, is around what looks like another face, tilted to look down and to the right. The hair has a large "N C" on it.

--The large yellow square encloses several things. Along the entire left edge is a wide, raised "7". I slightly cut the end of the cross bar with the box. There are 2 squared recesses along the right edge of the "7". The upper one had a black edged heart with a black "A" just above with a longer right leg. There are 2 or 3 other numbers or letters around the top of the larger "A". That thick cross bar that divides the 2 recesses, changes to a vertical piece that gives it the shape of a backward "L". I don't know what that could mean. There's a thick cross bar across the bottom, too. That lower recess is a sharply cut opening that has 90 degree corners and straight edges. There is a white shape sitting inside that recess.

--I've outlined 2 large carved faces in red to illustrate how this site must be a ancient one, built long before the Spanish ever came to this country / continent. The lady just below the large yellow box is looking downward, to the right at that slim shape just in front of her. Or, her eyes are closed. Her hairdo is of the large, tall bouffant style. The large face outlined in red at the top right appears to be male with the top part of his face......bridge of the nose upward....looks restyled.

The faces all over this ridgeline are well worn and have been there a long time.

Widomanmx.jpg

OP
OP
widomanmx

widomanmx

Banned
Dec 6, 2013
Chihuahua (mx)
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Deepers
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks shortstack
.. one of the faces looks ancient :icon_thumleft:
.. maybe from Maya culture, like casca suggests
.. i have to go up there, exactly over the "sky hoyo"

For me, the "M" says horse because his pointer is round,
M touch "turtle", turtle have no legs and his eye look to the left & up
.. go slow to the left and up

"Big V" is a laying 7, now i know :BangHead:, long arm points up to the same area
.. probably a resting area and/or more symbols up there

See ya

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread