Churches and Their symbols in the field

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Also would like to know how far that egg is from the water?

It's about 100 yards from the water but about 80 feet higher than the creek bed. What does the egg shape indicate and who used such a thing?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
first of all let me say sorry boys for being away from the computer for awhile... i'll try to do better.

Mdog,

I would start a search for the old settlement from the water source. The rivers and streams were marked very similar to trails. I would check for the anchor drill holes along the shore and/or signs visible from the water showing different direction of travel. I've seen some of these things that are only visible when water levels are low. If there was a settlement there should be some pretty obvious signs to your trained eye...not the eye of archeologist!

Thanks Tinhorn. I'll check the creek and see if I can find any drill holes. Finding signs of a settlement will be challenging because after 1830 there was a lot of timber harvesting in this area. There are a couple of cave shelters within a couple of hundred feet of this rock map. One of them could have been manmade.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Mdog:
Is that egg rock the same stone that was posted a couple of years ago that was located right beside a popular hiking trail?

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hey, Mdog:
Is that egg rock the same one posted the same stone that was posted a couple of years ago that was located right beside a popular hiking trail?

Yes, I posted it a couple years ago showing a manmade structure that I blacked out on this picture. There has been a lot of vandalism to the markers so I'm not showing anything that might give the place away. Well..er ah, except for all the pictures I've posted.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for answering that one. I thought my "rememory" was konking out on me again. LOL

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Bill, My estimation of how things may have been placed at the 25 mile square league, and how things fit at the Spanish Fort area to where the old historians refer to as the old copper mine and the Viking Baths area Compass degrees and Measured Distance works exactly, up river north 2.5 miles from the Fort was a series of random scattered boulders with carvings N / W of Petersburg Cemetery aprox 200 feet which both a direction and distance indicated a cache site in the form of a triangle . My next finding was at Ketchum's Bluff 2.5 Miles from the Cemetery and carvings that indicated that it was laid out in a triangle and a cache site. From that site 2.5 miles up River was found a Vault and information to the location of 25 square league's square league TO the Viking Baths. Out of time more later

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dsty:
Sounds like you theory is proving out pretty good. Have you figured out the pivot point yet for neighboring layouts?

Your mention of the "old copper mine" reminded me of a story of a copper vein in Oklahoma. I forget where I read it, but there was supposedly a very rich surface vein of copper somewhere in the southeast quadrant of what is now Oklahoma. I loosely platted out the specific area by using the verbal description and it was in what later became.....I THINK......the Fox Agency. Have you ever heard any "old wifes tales"..................or YOUNG wives tales, for that mattere, LOL......about rich copper veins in that area? I believe that geologically speaking, when you find copper, you'll also find gold, but for some reason, when you find gold, you will not necessarily find copper. Funny how that works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
From Red River it is 12.5 miles South to the Viking Baths there is also a triangle 10 X 10 X 10 at the site that has 5 backward 7"s along the top, Long to the short part of the 7 = go East 2.5 miles in league increments ( didn't think that would pass spell check ) there's, 5 trails from the south to the north back to the Red River each has a 2.5 mile league square, my theory is that the Viking baths were a place for them to secure a place at that point for the later placement of funds and they loaded the sites from the south to the north, Seems that if it was me and I had the funds to spare I would get everything laid out from the South to The North and make all the necessary carvings and even to the hole where the cache would rest first and the fartherest site from the S W corner ( starting point )to the N E corner would be that spot. Coupled with the triangle -- square -- rectangle the mixture of the Yard -- with the information as to several dig here locations, it does not need distance all of the N E corner used will be less than 40 acres. Final word of caution , this is on a Hunting Ranch and it is watched night and day, you may be mistaken for a deer or wild hog so be sure and get permission, I would recommend to make sure they know that you know they are there, its Texas and they don't play.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello SS, It stand to reason that our mile square section is= to their 2.5 section, I believe ( because ( there's a reason not just a guess ) for the 25 so much is the used letters of the alphabet hence the 25, I believe that the 5 square league ( 12.5 miles each ) may be 25 X 25 for a township and X 25 for a Range. I think that mdog has lots of good info on the boulder I the cave with the writings, That type of writing has ben located at several locations, there is one at the location near the Viking baths

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Just bringing this back to the top just so it may help someone what they found is IMPORTANT and should be recorded, Church treasures may be near by ( a couple hundred feet ) according to the Two that I have seen. It is my thoughts that the chances may be better looking for Churches if you will apply yourself.

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Tinman and I spoke some yesterday afternoon about an I idea that for those of us that search for clues and we thought about different areas they may fit, Vault's, Settler's Allotment, Trail Markers, Mines, Smelter's, Settlement's, Rest area's, Royal Trail's, Animal Trail, Fast Trail, Slow Trail, Trail to Water, Food, WHAT do you have and how do you plan to work it, are you serious or just a past time, writing a book. We think that first thing is to decide what you want to look for and make some plan's.

Last edited:

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I can say for a fact that these properties ARE watched. In my wanderings I've met many in the area-they do NOT play with trespassers. It's rugged, unforgiving land, just like the owners and their agents.

Yes, I'm still on these trails-just been tied up with job changes and trying to keep all the plates spinning..

Last edited:

Sing Reseracher

Nov 4, 2014
Iran /Tabriz
Detector(s) used
Many of detectors for example lorenz x3 /x5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi . i invited you to Participate in classes of the Treasures signs & marks

The first lessons of the treasure signs

Thanks

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hi, Randy did you ever find the triangle with the backward 5 backward sevens, how long of a drive is it for you, do you still go on the property

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hi Ernie, that triangle has eluded me. Much of that particular area has eroded badly and rocks that used to be on the small bluff edge are now down at the bottom. It doesn't help that somebody drove a truck right up on top! The well road is very close if you remember.. To further complicate matters, the landowner had a liability issue arise on some other land he owns and very politely kicked everybody off his land that aren't there to work! I've recorded what I could and it's time to move past there anyway.

Time-wise isn't too bad for me, but I rarely go straight there. I've just come to know enough people out that way that I try to stop by when I'm in the area...so I can kill half the day doing that if I'm not careful!

I've been surprised at how I've been received by some out there. Especially old timers. They have a bad taste in their mouths about treasure hunters! They can see right through any pretense you might offer up about researching a trail, etc. Seems some bad apples have really made an impression over the years! That's why I say these areas are watched-if you see two people in your travels, that means 20 know a stranger was out pokin at 'old so and so's place'!

OP
OP
D

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello driver, If the pick-up was red it may have been me, I drove from Holdenville with a friend ( in his truck ) we were only there for about 15 minutes, just took some measurements and left, we spoke to the owner and he knew were there, ( I had a good friend from Seminole ) that hunted there during the oil field days, I NEVER go on any ones property without their knowledge,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread