Artemis Site-You Go Girl

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If the crosses on the petroglyphs are supposed to represent the Southern Cross constellation, maybe the position of the cross shows when to anticipate the beginning of the rainy season. Also, the Southern Cross can't be seen from the northern hemisphere until you get south of the 25th degree northern latitude. The ancient civilizations from around Mexico City are south of the 25th degree latitude so the petroglyphs located far to the north of that latitude, could indicate some contact with the Mexican civilizations. IF the crosses represent the Southern Cross.

I'd like some comments and maybe somebody has seen crosses by the fanged guy petroglyphs.

How about the Northern Cross?

Northern-Cross.jpg

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's an interesting link about the quartered circle and Tlaloc.

https://gamblershouse.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/the-circle-and-the-cross/

Those precision-pecked circled crosses at Three Rivers are very meticulously done and really grab your attention, unlike most native petroglyphs, which are more abstract. Despite all the expert opinions available, the meanings of the native petroglyphs is still largely speculative, IMO.

Speaking of circled crosses, here's a good one for you. It's not far from Cuco and that nasty little fanged guy and has a couple nice carvings nearby to excite the treasure hunters - a seven-dotted turtle and a snake.

Snake turtle-1.JPG

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
mdog, sdcfia, in this video at 830, you will see the same owl shape you guys have posted at your sites.

I'm not sure you're looking at owls at 8:30. That is part of a slow pan of Shotput Man in Utah.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was shotput man. I thought the darker brown stain lower and right of center at 830 looked like the owl shape with the ghostly body.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Shot put man is an illusion type thing, probably other things on it with different lighting , but its' the Bust of Christ looking at something in his hand. You have to stand about 15-20 feet back from your computer to see it. It's the same way most of these things are done, crude carvings that usually look like nothing up close, but , at the right spot and distance and time of day/year , they come alive.

The Legs of shotput man are where his hand will be. Christ's head and bust are on the left side of the photo looking towards the center towards shotput man. Stand back from your computer at least 15-20 feet to see it if you open the picture up, or only look at the thumbnail of the picture from maybe 5-10 feet away.

shotput man.jpg

I don't know what info there is to gain from that particular one, but some of these places have images that only show up during certain times of year and they are very good and bizarre and will freak you out when you see them for the very first time. I have full body stegosaurus monuments that are like that and you will even see muscle structure on them. But pictures of those are reserved for in the field only friends. Some have ORO written near them in large sunlit letters, it's very funny.

These groups were very good at illusion. My stegs come alive on the summer solstice , June 21 at noon. Coincidence? Sounds like a time of year of rebirth. And probably when you are supposed to view many of these monuments.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Certain stars in certain constellations thru history were believed to be the places of the afterlife. Especially of Pharoahs, such as certain ones of the big dipper and dracos. They are noted of inside of ancient crypts.

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdog, sdcfia, in this video at 830, you will see the same owl shape you guys have posted at your sites.

Hi dog,

Two owls I think .

The big one left side of picture for sure .
The small one on the right might be coincidence , but who knows ?
1526755416899.jpg j

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi dog,

Two owls I think .

The big one left side of picture for sure .
The small one on the right might be coincidence , but who knows ?
View attachment 1592185 j

Those type of owls are kinda different, i think much older than the others. It kinda frustrates me at times trying to figure it out. I surely see a lot of Aztec/Maya type work out here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread