Artemis Site-You Go Girl

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the miniature signs i found was a owl, done in 3d stone,it has a shadow triangle for a beak,the point of the triangle is facing down. Whoever did did the work eally liked the owl for sure.very close to that is a very small hoyo owl, theres another done in shadow there also,about 50 cent size.

That's funny you mention that. In the pic I posted on your thread, one of the two sevens is actually a shadow 7, within the upper right corner of a big triangle facing down. And your catch of the serpent symbol above the owl's head was a shocker for me...I never caught it. And you were correct, the Owl was looking right at me...and I am standing right next to a large Serpent symbol. Uncanny! Thank you! :icon_thumright:

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the kicker Mdog,the little nub of stone that is the owl, is on a stone that i always thought was a Greek head.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pardon the blurry pics, but had to just zoom and crop the larger shot for now, until I can get the better ones rounded up.

491950770879677 (1).jpg

480191_487987894609298_338478415_n (1).jpg

* Edited to add that the Serpent is actually guarding a water seep, or very old spring.

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone notice the false doorway beneath the Triangle?

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
One of the miniature signs i found was a owl, done in 3d stone,it has a shadow triangle for a beak,the point of the triangle is facing down. Whoever did did the work eally liked the owl for sure.very close to that is a very small hoyo owl, theres another done in shadow there also,about 50 cent size.

I remember that picture. I think you posted it early in this thread and it was a nice looking owl.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Pardon the blurry pics, but had to just zoom and crop the larger shot for now, until I can get the better ones rounded up.

View attachment 1497056

View attachment 1497058

* Edited to add that the Serpent is actually guarding a water seep, or very old spring.

Just to make sure I'm seeing this snake right...the snake is coiled with the head right in the middle of the picture and is that a spout from the spring pointing down into the coils?

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to make sure I'm seeing this snake right...the snake is coiled with the head right in the middle of the picture and is that a spout from the spring pointing down into the coils?

Yes, and the "spout" is of an entirely different type of flat stone, that was either worked or wore naturally into that shape. It's not natural to the formation.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Anyone notice the false doorway beneath the Triangle?

I can see where you think this thread could have something to do with your pictures. Artemis was also the guardian of the portal as described in a link I posted earlier in the thread.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that's good... and then there's the owl also associated with Athena.

So I have two associated "Owls". You posted a triangle setup on DTTH's thread, and mentioned you had found three Owls that formed that triangle. That caught my interest immediately, but then I thought...I don't have owls at each corner. Until I related back to this thread and realized I did, through Athena.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
So I have two associated "Owls". You posted a triangle setup on DTTH's thread, and mentioned you had found three Owls that formed that triangle. That caught my interest immediately, but then I thought...I don't have owls at each corner. Until I related back to this thread and realized I did, through Athena.

How big is your triangle? The one I posted was 500 by 450 by 275 yards. And what kind of triangle do you have, right or equilateral?

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How big is your triangle? The one I posted was 500 by 450 by 275 yards. And what kind of triangle do you have, right or equilateral?

Equilateral, and I haven't measured it, but suspect it will be quite close to yours. I'm curious if they may also be related as to Latitude, but do not want to post particulars.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Artemis site is the easternmost corner of the triangle, btw.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Equilateral, and I haven't measured it, but suspect it will be quite close to yours. I'm curious if they may also be related as to Latitude, but do not want to post particulars.

Can you post a drawing of your triangle, along with dimensions, angle measurements and what was found at the corners? Clear photos? The fuzzy ones make it extremely difficult to visualize - looks like squinting, which for me is a deal killer when trying to identify shapes and their possible human origins. Latitudes can be interesting, but precision of shape and distances may be most important. If possible, you might accurately plot your discoveries on a USGS quad. A lot of arcane information may show up on the surveying grid, depending upon who engineered your discoveries and when.

The symbology itself is intriguing, but it's hard to say if the legendary symbols relate to specific aspects of their respective legends or are merely, "Hey, look!" signs. Like, say, the owl. Minerva, Athena, etc. Lots of stories and associations with those gals. May relate simply to "wisdom". May relate all the way back to Sophia. She was the 12th Archon. Maybe "12" enters into your picture. See what I mean about the symbology? It's an endless well of possibilities, depending on who is using it and why. The folks who may have done these things may be way smarter than us - or at least better educated in some ways. They lead, we try to follow.

Me, I would nail all this down on a good map. Then you can begin some "what if" planning inside your triangle. Like mdog mentioned, your triangle may be large. Heck, here's a huge triangle defined by extraordinary "treasure signs" at its corners and interior nodes. Geometry.

triangle.JPG

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you post a drawing of your triangle, along with dimensions, angle measurements and what was found at the corners? Clear photos? The fuzzy ones make it extremely difficult to visualize - looks like squinting, which for me is a deal killer when trying to identify shapes and their possible human origins. Latitudes can be interesting, but precision of shape and distances may be most important. If possible, you might accurately plot your discoveries on a USGS quad. A lot of arcane information may show up on the surveying grid, depending upon who engineered your discoveries and when.

The symbology itself is intriguing, but it's hard to say if the legendary symbols relate to specific aspects of their respective legends or are merely, "Hey, look!" signs. Like, say, the owl. Minerva, Athena, etc. Lots of stories and associations with those gals. May relate simply to "wisdom". May relate all the way back to Sophia. She was the 12th Archon. Maybe "12" enters into your picture. See what I mean about the symbology? It's an endless well of possibilities, depending on who is using it and why. The folks who may have done these things may be way smarter than us - or at least better educated in some ways. They lead, we try to follow.

Me, I would nail all this down on a good map. Then you can begin some "what if" planning inside your triangle. Like mdog mentioned, your triangle may be large. Heck, here's a huge triangle defined by extraordinary "treasure signs" at its corners and interior nodes. Geometry.

View attachment 1497167

Yeah, the pics suck, was just a temporary fix to illustrate what I was explaining. Better shots forthcoming. And I will need to do some precise measuring before I can answer those questions and begin to plot the triangle/quad. Will add those details as I make progress.

I have to say, whoever did this couldn't have chosen better symbology if they were intending to keep this site off limits to the people indigenous to it's location. Both the owl and the serpent are symbols of death and bad juju to the native populations ...though the number 7 can be interpreted as a ' broken arrow ', or symbol of peace.

This may get way more interesting, thanks Steve. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions