Symbols in Texas

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Angela, several of the guys are looking for a woman that likes to DIG!!! Ya oughta contact one of 'em and go dig some real good stuff!!!! :o ;D I already got a diggin' woman, or I'd ask ya to come dig for me!!! :'( ;D ;D Comanchero

Gut Shot

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2005
Nice pic..Hope you find the rest. Anyone close to San Antonio? Ever heard of King Fisher's gold near La Pryor?

Gut Shot

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2005
Went out with a ol'buddy in the eary 90's looking for it. I was more interested in arrowheads at the time.Anyhow, he had some really weird gold detecting machine where you shoved some probes in the ground maybe turned something on, then walked around with these dowsing like rods until they crossed. He said they would cross if there was a field of gold within 5 miles rather than just being over the gold. Wish I knew what that device was called now. Anyhow he had a deer lease outside of La Pryor somewhere on some creek I'll look at the map again, he claimed the device did indeed cross (and I did see it cross). Wether or not it was really picking something up i'll never know. We followed the "signal" for some way until we hit somebody elses property.Then we stopped. Now many years later, I cannot help but wonder.Can you tell me the King Fisher Story as I really do not know it. Any details would be nice.

Attachments

• realjeeps.jpg
    realjeeps.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 795

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Gut, I'd have to dig out all my old records (boxes and boxes of the old stories, maps and all ) that are all in storage right now. It's been years and I don't have perfect recall on everything, but what comes to me right off hand is that King Fisher was a big Cattleman in Texas and sold lots of Beef, getting real rich. Seems like either he or his men or both were held up for a large amount of gold coin they had recieved for a bunch of cattle and some were killed or something like that. That's what I recall anyhow and the story may be different, 'cause I got so many running around in my head. Also, I think that King Fisher was an overbearing, belligerant man who had quite a few enemies. I'd better quit before I get too deep in over my head and have to eat all my words on this one! ;D

Gut Shot

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2005
Grin! I know what you mean on that! I did a little research on the internet on him but did not find anything on Tales of Gold so to speak.Something is bound to turn up sooner or later. Thanks for the reply.

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Gut Shot, I believe that G. Frank Dobie wrote about King Fisher in at least one of his books. Check out his writings and also check your local library for his books. Great writer! ;D Comanchero

Gut Shot

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2005
I just ordered one of his books on Tales of Texas.Hopefully when it gets here, it will be in the book. (Fingers-Crossed) Thanks!

Attachments

• co.JPG
    co.JPG
    5 KB · Views: 691

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions