Symbols in Texas

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Dont know but maybe this will help, it does look like something...

Attachments

• scan0001[2]-1.JPG
    scan0001[2]-1.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 804

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Dave--- First the arrow on the rock pints to a big snakes head that points to a circle just to the right ofcorner of rock. the arrow that crosses the end of arrow points to a smaller arrow that point down.
You have several rocks that have clues near by. this rock points to (top of rock in picture) a rock that has a square and 4 dots in a line with 2 dotsat end going opposite way. I'd follow the way the dots are pointing and go one vara per dot and you should find another marker.
the picture has a red tint to it so it's hard to see exactly what's there.
The circle could mean treasure here. Metal detect but, it's probably buried deeper than a detector could go. IF IT"S THERE???????

Jacko

OP
OP
Dave45

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
My mom took this pic about 20 years ago she also took a few more she is supposed to look them up for me the other pics were of turkey feet,one was of a snake the site has since been developed but I know the location,I wished they had laid a compus on the pointer but I do know the general direction.
I was wondering if this could be KGC or spanish, the snake whitch i havent seen yet make me think of copperhead

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
dave, the arrow is meant to be followed, whether it is to next symbol, next spot, or straight down to cache or mine.....same with snake... if snake or arrow point straight up go ahead to next sign ..the square could be a compass point - 90 degrees----the symbol under square looks like upside down symbol for 20 degrees..the small arrow that looks like it has a handle is most likely a spade..meaning dig here,, points to,, or mine........circle like an o may mean one,,mine,, treasure,, this is the place,,mountain or knoll,,sun,, or church treasure below.....circle thats solidly cut out may mean,, one vara,, one cave,, or the same as other circle.....i did not see the dots but they can mean measurements, usually in varas or they can be letters, depending on arrangment..

OP
OP
Dave45

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Thanx Jacko.gldhntr I dont have much time on this one Iv got to beet the bulldozers I wished Id have gotten into this about 10 years ago I would have had a better chance of recovery

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
well from what i see in the book i have on symbols there is a good chance you are onto something...might pay to approach property owner to try and put off bulldozer a bit if possible......if not i would get record of all signs on site.,,their relationship to compass readings , everything as it looks very promising here from what you have shown there is possibility signs point to another site......then i would go to site, look for most likely spot and dig like a madman......

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
DAVE45-- If Iwas you and there start diging near the spot you think it might be, I'd be standing near by where I could see what they dig into and watch when they dump it. I f you see some thing, see if you can get them to stop so you can check it out. also, they'll dig but won't do anything with the hole for a couple of days. wait till they left and detect the hole.. Don't think they'll go down 5' but enought that maybe your machine will reach from where they stopped. then you can finishe the rest. If you find somehting, get it and get out, and don't fill that hole back in.

JACKO

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Hey Dave give me a yell I'm packed and ready to roll up to Llano. I'll split it with you if I find it. ;D

Red

OP
OP
Dave45

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
Thanx Red but the area is on private property and hard to get to with all the building going on , searched about 6 hours yesterday in draws and up raveens looking for any sign man what a workout found a small cave only about 15 feet deep there was a small bell that you would see on a goat and some bones I think a mountain lion used the cave back in the years, wished I would have taken my camera next time I will and post some pics, Im not going to giive up they will have to run me out of there, going to scope out another area to hunt soon , on the other side of the mountain.
Not in Llano about 60 miles south

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Cool Dave
It sounds like a Great place to be hunting . I'd defiantly check that cave out with a good light and my detector.
And a darn big stick for whatever else is in there that has the fancy for goats.

That sure dose sound like the place I knew in Austin near Post Oak Mall... ???

You sure you don't need any help there? I'm not scared of any big old kitty cats ;D

Don't get eaten and keep us going on what you find then.

HH and good luck

Red

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Ok ya ll I think I know what the signs on Dave's rock are.
what he drew as a person is prob. a snake. That means travel on to next sign.
The Triangle means the treasure is between 3 rocks or trees that form a triangle but not necessarily in the middle.
what is under the triangle could be a cross and the long shaft on it will point the way.
Now if what I called a snake could be a Spanish gourd and that means water so I told him to look for an old spring close by...

Well what do yall think.. Will it give him a hunting chance.

Red

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Dave, I live in Kerrville now. Ya gotta be near me or Fredricksburg. Just moved here from Brady about 4 months ago. Spent a lot of time all over that Llano uplift (still do) and down into Gillespie county also.
Maybe we can meet and cuss and discuss some issues! ;D Comanchero

Red, Where you at Boy? You sound close too! ;D C.

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
P.S. Dave, don't it just make ya sick to see how they are tearing all our beautiful hill country apart in the name of GREED and bringing in all those "foriegners"??? Tears my heart apart everytime I see an old ranch taken over and made into a housing subdivision etc. :'( Comanchero

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread