Spanish & KGC in the ozark mountains.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1496631372.289734.jpg y'all look at this one and tell me what you think.

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That last one might not be legend. The Spanish did the same thing here in Arizona and in the 1750s the Indians rose up and threw the Spanish out for a time. In at least one case, the Spanish sealed their treasure in a mine shaft and never looked back. Spanish gold and silver bars and chains have been found in the desert near me, near old Spanish mines.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Just looking around, this looks kinda like a grave, generally the head points the direction, may indicate something buried, This would be a GOOD place to try " Check for a Lack of mineralized soil," save a lot of digging. If the head points to the North it may be a grave, could be Spanish Sorry this needs to be with the Rocks

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1259934 . Found this maybe some thing may not.

Orangeman, do you know where you took this photo? I may have inadvertently transferred it into
Nwaher's files while comparing it to one on her site... she posted one that looks exactly like it, except it is from a different angle.
She is new to TNET and she came to me for help, and I noticed the striking similarities between the two and told her to post hers and get you to look at them...
I didn't rotate your image. Nor did she.

Is it possible that you were both on the same spot about a year apart?
Hers is in NWA...

She posted, what she believes, was her photo, but they seem to be the same stone from different angles.

She is trying to figure this out from her end, and I'm trying to figure out if my new phone, somehow dumped and turned your image into her file.

If we all three can connect the dots, we can fix this or verify that you were both on the same site and found it.

OLD DOG showed me that this was a Mason survey marker, years ago, before he vanished from TNET.

I'm going to look thru the pics that she sent me for clues on this...
she is concerned, as it seems impossible for her to have been where you have been and wants to preserve the integrity of her site...
Mikel

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be rope down off the side of that mountain back in the day.
I used to squirrel hunt along that bluff towards that sign.
-Weekender

Stop it....you're making me hungry for squirrel dumplin's. :sad10:

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Mikel I've got two different pictures of the cross from different angles. This one is NCA. If I can help with it let me know I found more conected to this rock.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NCA as in not NWA...
Nwaher has a shot of it from a different angle in a file of photos that was from their site, but she doesn't know how it got there. She posted the one that she had after I recommended it because I saw the amazing resemblances with yours.

I thought they could be connected to one another... She compared them only to realize that other than angle of photo, they were exactly the same and she couldn't remove it...

I knew that her photo had all corners of the stone and that she couldn't have copied yours even if she wanted to.

So she opened up her first thread with a mystery photo as the third pic into it.

The shock has worn off, but the ??? Remains.

#/;0{>~

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can take a girl out of the the country...... But...
I think I may know how the rest of that goes.. maybe..
Them used to be kind you took home
to meet Momma. Good times.

-Weekender

Don't I know it, what I wouldn't give for a plateful of squirrel dumplin's and a kil't salad right now. Mmmhmm.

I woulda liked your Momma, I'm bettin'. :wink:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't I know it, what I wouldn't give for a plateful of squirrel dumplin's and a kil't salad right now. Mmmhmm.

I woulda liked your Momma, I'm bettin'. :wink:

Ditlihi,

You probably got most of everyone googling kil't salad about now,
a wondering what it is!! LOL
And you'd be right about the other, too.
:wink::wink:

-Weekender

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was Polk salad and frog legs at my house.... Mmmm good.

The dog was always close by, just in case someone didn't cut the tendon.
They might jump out of the frying pan, but they seldom hit the floor. He could catch 'em before mom knew they had jumped.

Dang... now I'm hungry!

#/;0)~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oman, you have officially been credited with the two pics. On NWAher's site.
Thanks for clearing up the mud.

The mystery still remains as to how the second pic got into her photo file to begin with. It's not in my pictures nor is it on my iPhone and she thought that it was a different pointer stone, that I was talking about posting on the thread ( because I had seen it in a file that she sent to me, and I thought that looked very much like yours), and again it turned out to be the second pic, that neither of us had even seen before. I pointed out the fantastic similarities, not realizing that it was the same stone, until she placed them side by side....

I tried to get you to claim it a couple of times, but you were not available to clear up that mess, so I tried to explain that it was not hers, but the mystery was taking a tangent with her thread, so I'm glad that you chimed in and fixed it, as it was keeping me from working on my book, along with three deaths in my family in as many months... latest one being yesterday.
It's difficult to concentrate on it.

Mikel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions