Spanish & KGC in the ozark mountains.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I don't know how to tell the difference between Spanish rock carving or France. Or even later. But I do believe the Indians didn't use numbers in there carvings. So I figure it has to be some one with some kind of book learning involved in them carvings.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
There was supposed to be a garrison of men camped on red river. They went to a battle on bear creek over the hill. People have found various things at the battle sight. There is not one sign or clue to where they camped. Just the story.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I know of a man that has a rock with a snake carved in it. It was carved with no head. He also has a chunk of slag he found out in the woods.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I've heard of the spanish covering the back of a cave and making it look like it doesn't go any farther. Has any one seen that.

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Hello ......Yes I have personally opened a COMPLETELY sealed, back filled cave . Portions (including entry) were sealed up with caliche, two areas were sealed with stacked, cemented (13 plus feet of wall) , then covered with a glaze to look natural. It was only after finding the symbols inside that corresponded to the exterior rock map that we narrowed the site to Spanish, (or Mexican) from the 1500-1600. (from the writing)

After excavating thru the fill. we found a Hand Arrastra formed in the floor. The entire thing had been chiseled out of solid bedrock. The floor was like a big cereal bowl with a putting green cup hole in the center of the bowl. We found a schematic of the room in Chuck Kenworthy's Death traps book. His book states the hand arrastra was used only in the mining of rich pockets of visible gold. (One of the mysteries since geologist say there is no hard rock gold in the Ozarks Karst geology)

We are regrouping to proceed down the Pozo that had also been concealed . We are trying to access a vault without dealing with the death trap.

In answer to your question...YES others have found evidence of Spanish and others walling up and disguising chambers in caves, and cave entrances as well.
The Old Spanish Treasure Cave in Gravette, Ar. has uncovered many sealed areas of their cave...Old artifacts are on display in the shop.

Have you tried to take the up close ....flash on.... pics we discussed?

Clueman

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I done the up close pictures nothing new in them. Thought I'd try a flash light at different angles and see what the camera sees. I haven't made it to the rock maps again yet but plan to soon. I did try the cave with the two carvings in it. It also sounds as if the floor is hollow. Might just be sand stone flaked loose but going to investigate that to when I get back out there.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I've read where there is a knife carved that you follow the point of the knife. Did the Indians carve knives??

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Is it a Knife, or a Dirk.....Many used similar......Send me , or post a sketch. May be go forward, May be reverse, or simply an attention getter for what you may no longer be able to see with the naked eye.
Clueman

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421336273.382761.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421336342.374257.jpg

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The KGC were active in Arkansas.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Here's a ? What kind of involvement did the KGC have with the rail road.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I would figure a organization with the motives they had would have major involvement in transportation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread