Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna vote the Raven:

A ravenā€¦ The Raven, as the One that shows you the Way, kind. And, He has all your instructions to be followed (as per map) on His beak, between the ā€œhair lineā€ and the pointed-directional beak.
ā€œwise is the one that goes to/through the ā€˜eye of the needleā€™ and find the square crossā€ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.Heā€™s saying.
He also says, the Cross youā€™re looking for is not in plain sight. Itā€™s imbedded in something, or under something. You may need to ā€œscratchā€ it out.
The MAP, shows TWO different cache sites. The ā€œkeyā€ is to find the ā€œCrossā€ and the locations are obvious as per Cross doted locations, either NW and SE, or UP/Down on top of each other with a HEAVY slab or rock between them, as chamber divider. (3+ people need to roll/move away a big rock or slab)
All these ā€˜readingsā€™ will have to be verified in the field, if they still ā€˜applyā€™ as accurate, since they have been a lot of ā€œfoot trafficā€ in the area since the original ā€˜buildersā€™ and artists have left their mark.
Note: 1)ā€¦the Eye of the Needle, usually refers to a tight squeeze to a cave entry point, or another tight squeeze within the caveā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..if it has a fake/false double wall, of some sort. (check for patch marks around the edges of Back wall, and/or others)
Note:2)ā€¦.the Cross, could also be a manipulated bunch of trees and/or their Roots, close to the surface but concealed under heavy rotten vegetation. (imbedded)
A picture of the caveā€™s floor will have to be ā€œcarefully looked uponā€ even if no apparent signs/marks on them. (eye of the needleā€¦.kind of look?)
The rest will have to be examined carefully step by step, ā€¦on site and compared with their instructions that will become more and more obvious, as youā€™ll go in depth.
(p.s. the raven has all the lingo of the Map on his head and body. Their individual location is what you must take in consideration,ā€¦.when youā€™all figure the next move)

Maverick, Raven is exactly the bird that I would name. It is clearly a bird of prey, the eye clearly is the most significant spot on it.

Both of the pictures that I have, were taken of other things that were close to it, and both are partially blocked by a couple of trees.

When I get it worked out, Iā€™ll post it on my thread so I donā€™t derail Omanā€™s thread.

But all of this is contingent on Weekender and me, being sure that we donā€™t risk any damage to the monument.... there have been signs, symbols and large monuments damaged,and some destroyed on our site.

A few were damaged between our trips out there.

It pains me to think that one of my ā€œsilent readersā€ may be a spy, or sentinel, that is damaging these irreplaceable pieces of our real history.

Historical monuments are supposed to be protected, even cherished, not destroyed for greed.

Oh, there I go, back on my soap box [emoji403] again.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I found some new sign yesterday somebody has added to the bluff rock. Canā€™t tell if itā€™s just theyā€™re initials or an attempt to confuse. Iā€™ve often wondered if any of the carving where added to over the years. It would be a good way to make them hard to figure out unless your in know of how they where altered. Iā€™ve heard of many being destroyed or just simply moved to another location. I went up in the valley yesterday looking for signs that hadnā€™t been destroyed most that where there are gone. The people that destroyed them couldnā€™t easily understand them so they got rid of them in the fear that someone else would figure them out. The bird is one of them. Thereā€™s supposed to be a map rock up in there that a kid just happened to sit on one day 80 years ago when he got lost hunting. No one has been able to find it. They donā€™t know where to look thatā€™s a good thing because I bet itā€™s still there.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
No not by a long shot. I know of folks looking for this treasure for the last hundred years. I actually know many of the ones that have tried to find it.

i would give it another hundred plus, give or take. lol,lol
and yes siree...they will keep tryin'.....(human nature?, or ???) lol again

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick, Raven is exactly the bird that I would name. It is clearly a bird of prey, the eye clearly is the most significant spot on it.

Both of the pictures that I have, were taken of other things that were close to it, and both are partially blocked by a couple of trees.

When I get it worked out, Iā€™ll post it on my thread so I donā€™t derail Omanā€™s thread.

But all of this is contingent on Weekender and me, being sure that we donā€™t risk any damage to the monument.... there have been signs, symbols and large monuments damaged,and some destroyed on our site.

A few were damaged between our trips out there.

It pains me to think that one of my ā€œsilent readersā€ may be a spy, or sentinel, that is damaging these irreplaceable pieces of our real history.

Historical monuments are supposed to be protected, even cherished, not destroyed for greed.

Oh, there I go, back on my soap box [emoji403] again.

#/;0{>~

P-Mikel, i for one, like your soap box. Monuments are not there to be destroyed.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
I found some new sign yesterday somebody has added to the bluff rock. Canā€™t tell if itā€™s just theyā€™re initials or an attempt to confuse. Iā€™ve often wondered if any of the carving where added to over the years. It would be a good way to make them hard to figure out unless your in know of how they where altered. Iā€™ve heard of many being destroyed or just simply moved to another location. I went up in the valley yesterday looking for signs that hadnā€™t been destroyed most that where there are gone. The people that destroyed them couldnā€™t easily understand them so they got rid of them in the fear that someone else would figure them out. The bird is one of them. Thereā€™s supposed to be a map rock up in there that a kid just happened to sit on one day 80 years ago when he got lost hunting. No one has been able to find it. They donā€™t know where to look thatā€™s a good thing because I bet itā€™s still there.

Yeap O-man, it's pretty much what I meant by "foot traffic". And all sites have their "own" story to tell,...before......and after

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Maverick you mentioned a snake. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510530166.303888.jpg . This is one that got relocated to someoneā€™s porch. I did get told where it was originally buy the finder and which way it was pointing.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I agree with mikel history shouldnā€™t be vandalized Iā€™m more interested in who was here than anything. That what they where up to.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick you mentioned a snake. View attachment 1515571 . This is one that got relocated to someoneā€™s porch. I did get told where it was originally buy the finder and which way it was pointing.

ouch, OUCH,..........OUCH, if that piece is indeed part of the "message monument"....OUCH again, then the key element as position-wise is lost forever. (good luck to any scavenger)
Yes, that should be part of the body of the snake. All information gone. Heritage too. Can you say vandals, again?

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Iā€™ve thought of looking for it head. The place it was found is a narrow corridor going up the point of the mountain

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
The ā€œporchā€ rock has a missing piece at 2:00 oā€™clock, that splits a key symbol in half. I think it was broken off from the rest of the ā€œmessageā€ and thus, was left on the other piece.
It had information about ā€œthe eyeā€, and the location of such. (if you can obtain the rest of the piece, from the owner of that porch,(lol)ā€¦..you may track the rest of the geographic location of ā€˜the-eye-of-the-needleā€™) Some vague eye browse and Ā½ eye is still visible @ 2:00 oā€™clock, still.
If the body of the snake was intact it would have been much easier to follow the path way.
However, you must go/look high. There must be some kind of higher up place, or peak (on the snakeā€™s path) that will take you to a flat-round rock that is the cap-rock of a round-ish type of well, or shaft. That (so-called cap-round) rock will not be visible at the surface level. It is concealed by something ā€œcleverā€. The body of the snake could show, if that was available. (The head is the End, X spot location)
Do you know of any ancient mines in the area? Did any of those mines have an air shaft? Only you can find that out, via research of the area. Good luck, be safe, have fun.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
When/if you find the end location (x) spot, you will also find the snake head ....pointing at your cap rock. Until then, it remains covered under

p.s. In your travels, keep an eye out for the Cross, also. As many markers have been removed or destroyed, ...chances are you'll find a "back up" marker or sign

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Thanks for the help maverick and from everyone else. I did find a concealed cave or mine up from where the snake was found. Thatā€™ll more than likely be one of the places I study closely. But youā€™ve given me a clue to a story I was told by an old man finding a deep hole with a ring of rocks around it. Whatā€™s funny is my brother found that same hole last year. Itā€™s about a mile and half walk from where the snake was found. Iā€™m going to research this and see if it fits. Youā€™ve given me a different way to think about all this.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the help maverick and from everyone else. I did find a concealed cave or mine up from where the snake was found. Thatā€™ll more than likely be one of the places I study closely. But youā€™ve given me a clue to a story I was told by an old man finding a deep hole with a ring of rocks around it. Whatā€™s funny is my brother found that same hole last year. Itā€™s about a mile and half walk from where the snake was found. Iā€™m going to research this and see if it fits. Youā€™ve given me a different way to think about all this.

Glad to be of help. I was just reading the map's instruction. The rest is up to you and your Good Karma in this quest.

It may all fall in place at the same time......in the same place. Just keep an eye out for the details......as per map. GOOD LUCK

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510551215.405468.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510551244.454356.jpg I was looking at my pictures and found more of the snake rock. Thought yā€™all might like to see them to

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good luck orangeman. If and when you do start removing the cap rock,make sure you tie off. The old rim could collapse in and take you sliding down the hole. They have used construction fall harnesses with the fall shock cords on ebay for 20.00 or less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread