Help Identifying... Treasure X symbol or just a corrosion on a rock ???

sparaxis

May 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guri.jpg
Found this rock with a X on it a couple of weeks ago, my first thought was "it is a treasure symbol and the x pointing the treasure" so i checked around with a metal detector (Garret at Pro) but my finds was only a couple of nails. now im not sure it is a corrosion or a real treasure symbol with different meaning.

Now need a professional Opinion, What do you thing ????
thanks in advance

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
View attachment 1177639
Found this rock with a X on it a couple of weeks ago, my first thought was "it is a treasure symbol and the x pointing the treasure" so i checked around with a metal detector (Garret at Pro) but my finds was only a couple of nails. now im not sure it is a corrosion or a real treasure symbol with different meaning.

Now need a professional Opinion, What do you thing ????
thanks in advance
Look closer at the X and see if you think it is man made or otherwise. After that go up hill to check other rocks in line with the long point of the X .- Also look closer at this rock for other marks such as numbers or letters. If you find metal pieces with the detector it may be clues so don't move them -- get photos and info for direction and distance.
I am not a pro, just wanna help out a little.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Good call 10claw, take something with a straight edge and use it at the top edge of the + to get the exact degrees, should be North South and the left to right should be East to west, the height should shoulder high.

westy

Greenie
Sep 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm only a newbie here, but I don't see an 'X". I see a cross.
Now, is that any different, or the same thing and I'm 'splitting hairs',?

Help me learn, here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread