Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the symbolism on these sites. Even the vegetation is involved.

BWB, no doubt, also right above the goal post about 50" near the top of the ridge is this tree with a hoyo/ gunsight IMG_2371.JPG and its burnt also, but not the others around it

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as using burned stuff. They used cedar here. This is one of them 20180209_140805.jpg

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BWB, no doubt, also right above the goal post about 50" near the top of the ridge is this tree with a hoyo/ gunsight View attachment 1548399 and its burnt also, but not the others around it

To me the 2 trees are burnt on purpose, as in to be used together as a gun sight, as you suggest. If you are up on the ridge looking through
the first burnt tree (hole) sighting through the uprights of the second burnt tree, what to you get?

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ben, unfortunately, I have not been able to get a good look through the sight yet when I took the photo last fall there was a lot of dew and I was wearing muck boots, didnt want to take a chance of breaking my neck, i can say the gunsight is 90 degrees from the goal post and using some Ozark reckoning it appears to point to the owl in previous posts but i will verify when I can get back out there

Benjamin Gates

May 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So instead of looking through the hole and the uprights of the goal posts, the goal posts will then line up as one?

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick, youve been talking about tree's on some other threads, Y and U shapes and the #4 curious what thoughts you have on this tree that's at my site its bearings to other other markers are divisible by 3, and its burnt, this is not a quiz, lol, just trying to gather all ideas an info i can View attachment 1548383 View attachment 1548384

Mark60,
Sorry for being a late comer to your question, but life happens and I had to go out today.
In ref. to your split question, first off, I am in Total agreement with Benjamin Gates, just as he has used the words ready to come out of my mouth.
On the second Q., the meaning of the #4, is related to the Christian Church symbolic denomination of The Cross.
Just as #3 stands for The Holly Trinity, and # 2 stands for the Duality of Christ as Man and God.
And of course, #1 which is attributed To Jesus Christ as “The One and Only” the Alpha and Omega.
Thus, the Church interpretation has been used by the Spaniards at large, also by others, in line with the Christian faith.
Amazingly, even some pirates used it, and of course they were not men-of-God.
Some others Orders, Cults or Associations have used this symbols, as they became part of “the code”
P.S. Interestingly,…you have three upright branches, lining up (as in #3) and 2 additional limbs pointing to the water. (water=sacred)
Too many coincidences to be the work of nature.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Another "coincidence" is the fact that you have the symbol of Fertility (very often used by the Spaniards), on the back of the Trinity-(goal posts+one).
Hard to determine "who" is the author, based on time-line,...but somebody used that Knowledge, ,,,accurately and in detail

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
If this were my site,...I would follow up upon all directional signs for about 300 yards, or/ and...the line of sight through the gun sight.

If they take you to your earlier shown rocks, that in itself opens a whole new chapter in your quest. And that, in my opinion is a new ball game.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Mark60,
Now that I have spent a little more time on your pictures, ...it becomes more and more obvious that your tree was burnt in order to preserve the symbols and messages, I have identified other discrete symbols on both sides and upper branches. One of them, and most important is the shaft/tunnel sign. The real one, not some made-up shaft sign that - i hate to say it - some other threads are mistakenly talking about. (I know this is not going to buy me a lot of friends, but is the truth. Verified in real life)

I was surprised to see that old-old sign on a tree. But is there, and I have double checked before making this statement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If this were my site,...I would follow up upon all directional signs for about 300 yards, or/ and...the line of sight through the gun sight.

If they take you to your earlier shown rocks, that in itself open a whole new chapter in your quest. And that, in my opinion is a new ball game.

Thanks for your knowledge and opinions it is appreciated, a whole new ball game wow that’s it in a huge nutshell every time I think I’ve got what I need to start figuring this out something else get discovered and I’m back to square one which brings to mind Winston Churchill’s famous quote “ it is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma;...but perhaps there is a key.”

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shaft tunnel sign? Are you talking about this sign [ , if so I have see this same sign on an obelisk in a cemetery of someone I don’t believe exists

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So instead of looking through the hole and the uprights of the goal posts, the goal posts will then line up as one?

Ben, sorry no they don’t line up per se when looking at the goal post with water in background the gun sight would be behind me on the ridge in a north south direction looking through the goal post it is an east west direction hope this helps

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for your knowledge and opinions it is appreciated, a whole new ball game wow that’s it in a huge nutshell every time I think I’ve got what I need to start figuring this out something else get discovered and I’m back to square one which brings to mind Winston Churchill’s famous quote “ it is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma;...but perhaps there is a key.”

That quote has a familiar flavor.....Alfred Hitchcock? Can you imagine A.H. with a cigar and stove pipe hat? Those were the days, I guess...

On a serious note, he was right about the key, There is always a key to the most complicated riddle/vault that another human made. It may be in plain sight if we care to see it for what it is, and not overburden ourselves and complicate that,...that is already complex, just because it belongs to Another Time and to Another way to do things. Bottom line,...keep it simple. Try to put yourself in "their" shoes and act as this was your time and your problem....aka...to hide things. What would you do, to keep your loot from other hands, but still be available for your
henchmen or your kin? Humans had the same issues thousands of years ago,...as they have today.
By simplifying, but observing more,...it will come to you. Anyway, to make a long story...short, there is no substitute for boots on the ground, untill the point/time of discovery.
Then, and only then, the new ball game starts. Recovery brainstorming.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Shaft tunnel sign? Are you talking about this sign [ , if so I have see this same sign on an obelisk in a cemetery of someone I don’t believe exists

I am not familiar with that sign, in relation with T/S. Sorry.

But, the back side of the tree, the side facing the water, has a carved owl right under the branch pointing to water and the shape of the owl is the same shape like the rock slab you posted earlier. If you pay attention to the markings on the body of the owl, you will probably see them again at your destination, carved in rock ...this time.
So,...keep it simple and the key will become more and more visible.
Don't overthink it. Observe and add up.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh, ..and I wanted to say something from the very beginning, but I got carried away in my finger marathon in responding to your initial Q.

I am not really a tree guy. In my state and in my area, I'm mostly comfortable around rocks, boulders, cacti, sand and very little and different vegetation that most other states have. Last time I saw a decent tree, was the last time I went skiing in Flagstaff, AZ. lol.
That's not to say that I can't recognize any man made sign that I have seen before...regardless of surface.
I guess you probably saw a thread, where some rock signs/inscriptions led further to a manipulated tree. (this also happens here in AZ with our much more depleted vegetation) Obviously the "authors" had the skill and they could adapt.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not familiar with that sign, in relation with T/S. Sorry.

But, the back side of the tree, the side facing the water, has a carved owl right under the branch pointing to water and the shape of the owl is the same shape like the rock slab you posted earlier. If you pay attention to the markings on the body of the owl, you will probably see them again at your destination, carved in rock ...this time.
So,...keep it simple and the key will become more and more visible.
Don't overthink it. Observe and add up.

Maverick, I reference that sign "[" from a google search on spanish treasure symbol, obviously it's from someones notes but some of the signs work in my area ??
spanish sign.JPG

Attachments

• 2. spanish trail signs.jpg
    2. spanish trail signs.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if it's not the one I thought it was can you show me which sign just so we're on the same page.. thanks

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, ..and I wanted to say something from the very beginning, but I got carried away in my finger marathon in responding to your initial Q.

I am not really a tree guy. In my state and in my area, I'm mostly comfortable around rocks, boulders, cacti, sand and very little and different vegetation that most other states have. Last time I saw a decent tree, was the last time I went skiing in Flagstaff, AZ. lol.
That's not to say that I can't recognize any man made sign that I have seen before...regardless of surface.
I guess you probably saw a thread, where some rock signs/inscriptions led further to a manipulated tree. (this also happens here in AZ with our much more depleted vegetation) Obviously the "authors" had the skill and they could adapt.

I understand, but know that your opinions / knowledge and advice is appreciated ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread