Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many of your stones are still above the water, with all of the rain ��, that we have been blessed with, lately?

I’m not sure about you, but some of the folks around my area have begun growing’ gills under their beards!!!
#/80{€>

Mikel, I havent been out to check since the rains but hope to this weekend hopefully I wont need any flippers ..

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mark is that ever dammed?

Bob, I damn it every day I'm out there.. It's my "White Whale" ..LOL sorry couldnt resist, can't really say on that

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it's been awhile since I posted anything, went out to my search area this past weekend hoping to verify some things also been going through my notes making sure I havent missed anything or screwed something up, sure enough did that what I thought was in one location was actually at another, anyway took a few new pics of old subjects IMG_2951.JPG IMG_2953.JPG my gunsight which sits above the goal post points to the owl rock and about 10yrds above the gunsight I found this odd formed tree it's not a very good photo, but its burned like the other marker trees ? IMG_2952.JPG

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I came across this rock while searching around the goal post, natural erosion but some may think otherwise, this other pick is my "X" marks the spot rock, LOL. its a lil cleaner looking than what I had posted last year, I remember I was wanting to lift it up and MD underneath it until I got back out there again and seen how big it is, (gonna need a couple of mules and some chain) 4' x 6' slab not sure of thickness at least a foot IMG_2955.JPG IMG_2956.JPG anyway the quest continues, ** if you have a good mule that needs a workout I can make that happen **

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1549073

might be something here mark

Upon further review, the large slab that is at the bottom of your circled area is the slab/rock that I referred to as "X marks the spot, hope to get back out in couple weeks and put these ideas and theory's to test

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In case anyone is still interested in whats been going on i'll give a little update, the hunt continues after getting some really good ideas I decided to take the next step and do a lil digging but to date nothing has come out of it, i worked 2 spots and went a couple feet down on both but got nothing, either visually or with my MD. so at this point I'm going to have to put more effort into my distances and bearings and also to verify my points on the triangle, i will probably reach out to a few members that i have talked to in the past, you know who you are, as I move forward I will be putting out more site info and maybe something will click and possibly tie it together stay tuned and thanks for everyone's help

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I personally am glad you're still on the hunt:thumbsup:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case anyone is still interested in whats been going on i'll give a little update, the hunt continues after getting some really good ideas I decided to take the next step and do a lil digging but to date nothing has come out of it, i worked 2 spots and went a couple feet down on both but got nothing, either visually or with my MD. so at this point I'm going to have to put more effort into my distances and bearings and also to verify my points on the triangle, i will probably reach out to a few members that i have talked to in the past, you know who you are, as I move forward I will be putting out more site info and maybe something will click and possibly tie it together stay tuned and thanks for everyone's help

I'm interested!
Keep it coming.
-Weekender

cb4771

Feb 16, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone identify these symbols 2 of them can be easily seen it looks like a third one on top of the rock very faint I've been along this river bank several times and have never seen this rock before but this river changes all the time from heavy rains and the river rock shifts

Usually that is a sign that the object of interest (the dot) is in the center of a Marked triangle of objects. So I would look for two other rocks like that or other objects that would mark out a triangle. Then go to the center of the triangle. I have an old book called Treasure signs and symbols and it shows a marking exactly like yours. Here is a link to a picture that someone took out of that book and posted in the treasurenet forums.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...reasure-location-signs-their-definitions.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread