Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I'm honestly confused now, obviously jubaII your translator is not working everything is seriously garbeled I think your trying to say this is a religious marker of some sort or a burial stone ? At this point I believe that is highly unlikely I'm still trying to discern the marking on top of the rock at this point I'm also tempted to start digging down around the rock to determine if there's any other carvings further down I have found an additional marker that lines up with part of the triangle but the arrow or pointer to the left has me perplexed to its meaning

Juba II

Apr 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Marc 60
Where are the pictures and the triangle measure

At the left of the triangle Is there a rocky mountain he can contain the cave

I apologize to the bad translator

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No there's no mountains in this area I will get the measurements hopefully this week this rock is down in what we call a hollow

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Still looks like a triangle with a dot in the middle to me, probably saying YOU are here at this spot, then, go to the corners to get the degrees from the dot to the corners using the dot as a pivit point to find the 3 corners, I know that it don't have much room for a compass but use what they give you, I have seen maps laid out using just 2 / 3 inches. I believe that until you get the triangle figured out nothing else will fit either

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Still looks like a triangle with a dot in the middle to me, probably saying YOU are here at this spot, then, go to the corners to get the degrees from the dot to the corners using the dot as a pivit point to find the 3 corners, I know that it don't have much room for a compass but use what they give you, I have seen maps laid out using just 2 / 3 inches. I believe that until you get the triangle figured out nothing else will fit either
I agree with dsty. It's just saying there is triangle nearby.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We know very well that America was not discovered by Christopher Columbus was discovered centuries ago before Africans and map of the Turkish admiral and the Chinese before
To put the triangle above the head and feet of Christ in the churches

Leif Erickson was African??? No, my friend, the African continent is not the source of EVERYTHING ... No better or worse than any other at finding, creating, or understanding.

Learn your history before you start making statements such as that.

Juba II

Apr 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brother
As you know well the history is written by the victor and distort history as he likes
Ups do African scribes in America in a cave Bruce

Juba II

Apr 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the horizontal triangle on the rock we will rely on the direction and sizes and look for 3 X.
That were not on the same rock or in front of him

Last edited:

tjspringfield

Greenie
Nov 6, 2015
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man definitely look around for other rocks, and even trees with the same or similar symbols!! I know that sometimes they and as in "they" idk know who exactly I am referring to, but hey would but triangles with dots marking where treasure would be. that should be one point of the triangle now you have to find the other two

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Brother
As you know well the history is written by the victor and distort history as he likes
Ups do African scribes in America in a cave Bruce

Next thing you know, you'll be trying to say the rune stone in Oklahoma is hieroglyphics ...

Reality is, you're trying to insert political correctness into treasure hunting. Will never work.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This area still has a lot work to do, I appreciate everyone's comments an insight I realize the rock pics are limited and I will try an post some more, I do believe there is more information on this rock

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok everyone here are a few more pics of the rock and a rock I found about 200yd SW image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Mark60, It may be that you have more than 2/3 different types of language's or types of carvings, are the small stones found like they were found,

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dsty, the white rock which i accidentally posted twice is about the size of a football it is where i found it but this spot is a gravel bar in the river so it must washed down from up river.. wish i knew where, the other rock pics are of course the carved rock from the top at different angles I do see some other symbols such as the wavy line down the middle? and the square? near the edge, not sure of their meaning

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hadji009, I have done a lil bit of that, my MD is old, at least 15yrs maybe more, it uses a needle an light for signal strength, for ferrous an non-ferrous it's depth range is pretty weak give it my best shot though

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Mark60, if it was me I would work each carving separate, I would work the Triangle first, get something with a sharp point ( lead pencil ) that will make a point in the center of the marble size hole, make a mark at each corner with your pencil and draw a line between the corner marks to make a triangle, the dot should be a reference point to find the direction to the corners that should be aprox 300 feet from your reference point which should be marked possibly with a drill hole. Actual distance that I would expect is 189.5 feet ( Cordell ) What you have is possibly a map , First thing is to get a starting point which is your rock with the drawings, you will need a compass, fiberglass 100 foot measurng tape and lots of endurance.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dsty, I have worked off the triangle, the bearings are all very interesting indeed, and there are a couple of markers that do line up with the bottom 2 points I have not found any reference point or marker that lines up with the top point, interestingly though the alignment does not come from the dot to the corner point an on out, but rather straight down the line, top to corner and out, one point is approx 125yds to the marker the other is 60yrds?, I'm guessing cause I was using my cell with a GPS app an i didnt have a very good signal so the range is as-cued

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread