Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
some pics of the bluff that joins with the dual triangle in the previous pic IMG_2127.JPG IMG_2128.JPG Thats my finger across the top, the sun was just coming over the top of the ridge and was washing out the pic so I had to provide a visor.. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would sure like to continue this saga......

I havent given up on this just stepped back from it to go over everything ive got so far,

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
the inscription is kind of relating to the fall of the south not the death of girl!! kgc i am guessing great spot hid loot from the war or moved from church site. the DAUGHTER is the SOUTH! the mason was quite intelligent..

Last edited:

hadji009

Dec 29, 2008
illinois
here is my take on this 1 marko missouri2.JPG looks to me like a minature version of your big owl tail pointing left the red is a rabbit,maybe it is saying rabbit hole to honey hole is left? the white hole is a image of your big drill hole?

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Subscribed. Im going to have to come back and read through this thread. Sounds like fun!

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just to update, i haven't IMG_2370.JPG IMG_2371.JPG abandoned my site, other obligations are not allowing much free time, I'm still in search mode here a few things of interest I have found, i still need to go back and follow up more closely, found this tree with the hoya/gunsight is directly above the goal post tree that I have posted previously in this thread its about 15yrds up towards the top of the ridge

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this flat rock is just south of my owl rock, clearly has an X cut into it ,next time I get out I'm gonna lift it up, curious if something is underneath. the round stone in the back of this ledge appears to have some kind of pattern? or it could just be some sort of blotches this is above the owl just below the ridge line IMG_2366.JPG IMG_2365.JPG

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
here's some pics of the rock that started this adventure maybe a different set of eyes will see something I'm missing, ? I do think I see a snake across the top ?? , the pics are of cousre different angles and lighting IMG_1915.JPG IMG_1972.JPG IMG_1926.JPG IMG_1978.JPG IMG_1927.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the inscription is kind of relating to the fall of the south not the death of girl!! kgc i am guessing great spot hid loot from the war or moved from church site. the DAUGHTER is the SOUTH! the mason was quite intelligent..

""I'm trying to determine where to go with all of this, I've been doing some research on spanish symbols, reading some KGC forums checking into the history of the area more, and this is kind of what I know just trying to figure which way to go.. Spanish Symbols,
in regards to the carved rock, ok it has a triangle with a dot in the center, some say to find the triangle and determine the center? is the rock one point of the triangle ? some definitions say its under the rock or in the trees in regards to any treasure/cache, on top of the rock there appears to be a snake, some research says it's pointing to treasure/cache, would would be to the East??, I cannot verify till the water goes down which it hasn't yet, but am pretty sure a line across the bottom of the triangle will give me a bearing to a cemetery and a masonic plot less than an 1/8th mile away.

In regards to the masonic plot there is a daughter I can find no official records for her by the name on the headstone "possible alias" or she never existed on what is a very nice obelisk/headstone there is a reference of another girl same DOB & DOD,but no grave markers found and there are other children that do show up in the census records but not her? one of the meanings for her name is Latin for "The Farthest Point" ? could this be a corner of the triangle?, also there is an inscription/poem from the 1800's on the side of the obelisk at the base that reads.

The light of her young life went

As sinks behind the hill [down

The glory of a setting star

Calm suddenly and still.

the original verse reads as follows

The light of her young life went down

As sinks behind the hill

Clear, suddenly and still

so the last word "Down" was dropped to the 2nd line and a bracket "[" was placed in front which by the way is a Spanish symbol for tunnel and the 1st word last line was changed from clear to calm? so the stonecutter was drunk, lazy or did it on purpose?.

hadji009, you just may be onto to something,interesting idea, if I go with that than process, then some things do fit, the setting sun go's over the goal post tree which is by the water, that is clear an calm and the [down, referencing a tunnel ? oh I hope there's nothing underwater, i don't own a wet suit ..LOL I think I need more Coffee:coffee2:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok everyone here are a few more pics of the rock and a rock I found about 200yd SW View attachment 1234658 View attachment 1234659 View attachment 1234659 View attachment 1234660

Mark...I haven't finished this thread yet...I wanted to stop at the pics first.

The identical rocks look to me like either a pot, kettle or crock. If it's a crock, you will need a probe.. and possibly a deep detector if there is metal, coins etc.

The bottom right rock pic...The dark area towards the bottom looks like a right hand print.

The top left photo looks to me like a broken arrow or anchor.

The broken arrow or anchor along with the hand print I would take to mean Stop. Look around for an area You would bury something.

I think you are looking at Outlaw. JMO

I'll finish reading the thread.

Kace

Last edited:

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say because it's in the creek like that, it is not in it's original orientation. Bet on that. Focus on MD'ing AROUND that area, don't focus on a direction because it's definitely not the original deposition area
I would go Zero Discrimination to catch anything.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Mark, the obelisk I believe could have a definite meaning.

Not knowing yet how deep those rocks are, it is hard to say if they are in the original position or not. Ozark rocks can look smallish on the surface and be pretty darn large underground as we know.

Are you close to shoals on that river? Or is it more of a creek that branches off from a river? I'm not asking on here for specifics, but if it's a branch off a holler that's very good for you along with a small cemetery and unidentifiable person on a grave stone.

Definitely get a 4' probe for any possible grave site, I don't dig up graves, but the probe will confirm if it's a grave or not...mine is a T-handle with a pointed end...You can dip it in rubber paint or RV rubber roof coating to avoid scratching coins or other buried objects. It's great to have handy for poking in holes and crevices or moving things in case a copperhead or cottonmouth happens to be in or under anything you want to check out.

I started mding when I was a kid with a Radio Shack Detector...maybe like yours...I still have it and it still works like new. I'm not comparing it to what's available now, but water and the way that rocks and other buried things get pushed close to the surface in our part of the country, the old Radio Shack Detectors can and do pick up nice surprises.

I don't know if you are thinking of getting another detector but I'm looking to get a Garrett AT Pro for the streams and lakes...The prices are dropping now and from what I've read, it's an all round good detector that's fully waterproof to 10' unlike my DFX...which I love and will keep but I want something I don't have to worry about getting damaged by water in areas like ours in SWMO.

Kace

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say because it's in the creek like that, it is not in it's original orientation. Bet on that. Focus on MD'ing AROUND that area, don't focus on a direction because it's definitely not the original deposition area
I would go Zero Discrimination to catch anything.

P.ALLEN, yes the original rock that has started this adventure/quest is on the bank of a large creek/little river ? I would have to say it hasn't been moved, it has been covered by rock and uncovered by the rains and the movement of the currents an river rock for several years it's currently under about 3ft of river rock, I know because i dug down to find it and verify it's location, also the last time it was exposed out of curiosity but not wanting to disturb the area too much at the time i did dig down 2 ft but did not reach the underside of it so it's definitely of size, if the rains an the creek will cooperate I do plan on more digging to expose the rock to see if there is anything else carved into it or if possible markers are buried near..

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mark, the obelisk I believe could have a definite meaning.

Not knowing yet how deep those rocks are, it is hard to say if they are in the original position or not. Ozark rocks can look smallish on the surface and be pretty darn large underground as we know.

Are you close to shoals on that river? Or is it more of a creek that branches off from a river? I'm not asking on here for specifics, but if it's a branch off a holler that's very good for you along with a small cemetery and unidentifiable person on a grave stone.

Definitely get a 4' probe for any possible grave site, I don't dig up graves, but the probe will confirm if it's a grave or not...mine is a T-handle with a pointed end...You can dip it in rubber paint or RV rubber roof coating to avoid scratching coins or other buried objects. It's great to have handy for poking in holes and crevices or moving things in case a copperhead or cottonmouth happens to be in or under anything you want to check out.

I started mding when I was a kid with a Radio Shack Detector...maybe like yours...I still have it and it still works like new. I'm not comparing it to what's available now, but water and the way that rocks and other buried things get pushed close to the surface in our part of the country, the old Radio Shack Detectors can and do pick up nice surprises.

I don't know if you are thinking of getting another detector but I'm looking to get a Garrett AT Pro for the streams and lakes...The prices are dropping now and from what I've read, it's an all round good detector that's fully waterproof to 10' unlike my DFX...which I love and will keep but I want something I don't have to worry about getting damaged by water in areas like ours in SWMO.

Kace

Kace it's definitely shoals, the river rock is pushed down from up river? if you want to call it that, i consider it a large creek , there is a branch that comes down a holler that run real close to the cemetery and to the creek, this branch also runs right by the slab the resembles an owl

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Kace it's definitely shoals, the river rock is pushed down from up river? if you want to call it that, i consider it a large creek , there is a branch that comes down a holler that run real close to the cemetery and to the creek, this branch also runs right by the slab the resembles an owl

All good signs Mark...You know the Obliesk has my attention as do the Shoals.

Due to the Owl also...I still think what you have is Outlaw/Spanish.

I've read where some folks say KGC used the owl as symbolism for a vault/cashe due to O W L equating or adding up numerically to the number 50...For 50 states of the Union...That thought only works if you think the KGC vault/cashe was put there after mid August of 1959....Most of these signs/sites that folks find, including yours are older than that.

Kace

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say I have toyed with the idea of putting all of this out here, and there are those that will say NO don't do it or trying to find someone to partner to get a different set of eyes and ideas, I've even thought of just passing it on to someone else who can devout the time i just don't have right now, but it all comes back to wanting to follow this to the end or something like it, is there really something to all this, I don't know but there's too many coincidences to be nothing IMO or my mind is letting me go this way, I've stepped back from it on occasion to get a different perspective and look at it differently, but as they say "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key."

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kace, I lean towards outlaw, simply because of the history in our part of country, and a few other interesting bits I haven't mentioned on here.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear what you are saying Mark...My opinion is to follow it through.

The best advice on a trail hunt I Ever Received was to research Who was in the closest community...meaning what ethnicity...When they settled there and What trades there were. Were there Known and Verified Outlaws passing through there? The historical society should have information on everything going on in your area.

Just My Thoughts..
Kace

I wouldn't turn it over to someone, but if you have someone you can trust, maybe bring them in to get other perspectives.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread