Unusual rock carving uncovered from heavy rains

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how I read that stone. The V is a Y. What is saying is the straight er line is N. S. Line. It's a center between to bluffs. The line Rebels mom made is from the flagman. It looks like a S.w. line. Where the two lines meet. There should be something of interest. That is if it's set up like my site. The line on the right side is a starting point. There should be another stone west of that one ruffly around 350'. If you find one. Let me know. If it's a Jesuit site. Then they use 600' circles and there should be another marker. They will make pattern. At my site the flagman stone has two animals on it. A Lion and a wolf. When you look at it from the north. The wolf is laying down. From there the vault is close. There will be two of them. They are up the hill here. Here is what your stones looks like with a negative. It will show you things that you can't see 2018-01-17%2014.01.38.jpg 2018-01-17%2013.59.57.jpg

Rebelsmom

Jan 17, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark, your picture of the rock with the x on it is your bluff. It is showing you what to look for and the right side of the rock where the x is, should be the part of that area or somewhere close to find the opening, and the x is not an x but a cross. There should be an owl rock above that side on top of that hill, pointing to ?. The dig area could also be a reverse or mirror image to throw you off. The main thing right now is to resist the urge to blow up, punch , crush, turn over ,bull dose, or curse. There will be a time for all that but for now Take pictures lots of them. Take a broom with you to brush the leaves and dirt away from the signs a stiff brush is good also but not one that would scratch the signs The cap rock is probably under several feet of dirt and wedged in by other rocks so take notice of other rocks to make alignment measurements If you need any more help let me know and if you want it to be private just PM me. Rebelsmom

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mark, your picture of the rock with the x on it is your bluff. It is showing you what to look for and the right side of the rock where the x is, should be the part of that area or somewhere close to find the opening, and the x is not an x but a cross. There should be an owl rock above that side on top of that hill, pointing to ?. The dig area could also be a reverse or mirror image to throw you off. The main thing right now is to resist the urge to blow up, punch , crush, turn over ,bull dose, or curse. There will be a time for all that but for now Take pictures lots of them. Take a broom with you to brush the leaves and dirt away from the signs a stiff brush is good also but not one that would scratch the signs The cap rock is probably under several feet of dirt and wedged in by other rocks so take notice of other rocks to make alignment measurements If you need any more help let me know and if you want it to be private just PM me. Rebelsmom

thanks thats great info you mention an owl rock have you seen the my post on what I call an owl it has a drill hole in it, it's parallel to or a little below the X and to the north, I'll look up the post # and refresh it

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This my owl, owl.JPG

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BWB, thanks for working with the pics, the Pointer to the left of the triangle has intrigue me since I came across this rock along with the carvings on top which have weathered quite a bit, I think see a snake on top ? in some of my other pics and then the design ? thats kinda squared on top of the pic you did in some of my other pics it looks like a pointer maybe but I cant be sure

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The original rock, Thanks to BWB working with my pics, I wanted to go back and look at some I had done a year ago and work with them again, IMG_2836.JPG this pic is really enhanced to try and lighten the splothces on the rock under the ledge still working on this one.. IMG_2837.JPG

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The original rock, Thanks to BWB working with my pics, I wanted to go back and look at some I had done a year ago and work with them again, View attachment 1538386 this pic is really enhanced to try and lighten the splothces on the rock under the ledge still working on this one.. View attachment 1538404 just a thought and I may be reaching just a little, (possible graveyard map ) ?

Rebelsmom

Jan 17, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello MARK 60 , give me a couple more days to check your pictures and I'll PM you what I see. Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you later.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds great

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark ,I'm not see an owl in the owl picture. But if you want to point it out. Could be missing it.
Rebelsmom I would like to know what you see. It's always helpful to have another set of eyes. Mine are getting old. Another question for you. When you found that empty vault. What side of the hill was it on?

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mark ,I'm not see an owl in the owl picture. But if you want to point it out. Could be missing it.
Rebelsmom I would like to know what you see. It's always helpful to have another set of eyes. Mine are getting old. Another question for you. When you found that empty vault. What side of the hill was it on?

BWB, I know it’s subjective and laying on it side but it’s the big slab with the drill hole in it ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516498237.049403.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516498262.536025.jpg I base this on outline / shape only ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516501496.646343.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s all good TBH I didn’t see at first either it’s laying in a east/west , head towards the west

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little owl was sitting on the window seal the other day. 20180117_095743.jpg

Rebelsmom

Jan 17, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bob , Mark60's owl rock is definitely for sure an owl which holds many secrets, a good find for him. The vault we found was in a hollow and on the South East and not to far from a trail so we were able to take a 100 foot electric cord into it plugged into the jeep battery, awesome experience although a little spooky too. There are houses in that hollow now don't know if anyone else has found it, would make a great storm shelter. Rebelsmom

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rebelsmom, yes I couldn't see the forest for the trees. I should have seen it. I studied the stone for years now. Like I said I'm slipping. The direction is important. There should be another place if it's or the Jesuits. Were there other stone marker that lead to it. I read on the stones go east of Edens. Then the se. Direction. Here is one that was brought to me by a friend. Tell what do see on it. 1516667286448.jpg

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
KGC cipher, every treasure hunters dream, you are in Missouri correct?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture is sideways the moment. It was in a cave that was completely dug up. The whole site was in a place that being dug up for the dirt. It's a shame that places like this are being destroyed. There are other caves still intact. I have not had a chance to explore it yet. It's southwest of my site. It had one piece that was huge that was completely broken up. I did see a picture of it.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe not sure who you are talking about. Me no, I'm in the heart of Dixie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread