Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am really hoping someone can provide some meaning to the carvings on this rock any ideas???

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
The triangle shape with the dot is interesting, Is it a size rock that can be thrown into the creek from some where else, it looks like a possible corner marker off of a triangle with 2 other's nearby, a possible pointed end may indicate the direction.

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rock I would guesstimate 2 1/2 to 3' across, the depth I dont know but more than 2 foot, I don't think it has washed down, simply uncovered from from the rains that shift the gravel bed from time to time, it is quite interesting as I look at it more I think I see more which is probably pareidolia but nonetheless the triangle w/dot an the arrow? to the left pointing down and what appears to either be another triangle on top left or a V with a line across, also is that a very faint snake just above triangle/dot?, it's just confusing and trying to determine it's whole meaning, I will say this is located in SW Missouri with a real good civil war history and later on known outlaws such as jesse james in the for what it's worth dept, any thoughts,clues or ideas deciphering will be appreciated

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas was going to go out with a m/d but where to start or direction?

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on its exact location and orientation I would carefully scan the surrounding area for other "clues" that may be there.
Pretty positive it is NOT natural so someone had a specific reason to invest the time and energy to carve it.

Look around for things that appear different or out of place.
Good luck

Hit

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Can anyone identify these symbols 2 of them can be easily seen it looks like a third one on top of the rock very faint I've been along this river bank several times and have never seen this rock before but this river changes all the time from heavy rains and the river rock shifts

Great sign! At one time this may not have been in the stream as water courses change over time. However, some would say that the spanish did not put sings in the water, but i´ve seen plenty and verified them as spanish by using compass and measurement. Those dry stream beds were actually easy to travel in when the water was down. Get on a compass line and check all three directions. There should be more markers that let you know more of what you are dealing with. The ones ive seen will be one cordell which puts them up on the bank. Photo that rock at the right time of day should also show you more.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Mark60, I agree with tinhorn The found rock in the stream bed seems to be a map of sorts, The Spanish seems to use triangles, squares, rectangles in a NW lay out of the settlers league square when they settled this country, looks like you have a triangle, IT seems to have something in center of the triangle or the dot may be to I D this rock with drawings as being in the center of a triangle, try to find other corners using the dot as a reference point and go to the 3 corners and possibly 200 feet and see what' s there.

Last edited:

Juba II

Apr 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello what is the measurement of the triangle And l'orientation

Probably represents man of religion Jew or a Christian

Is Rock fixed or mobile

OP
OP
Mark60

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Juba II, I have to say the rock is fixed it's currently about 1ft above ground I very carefully dug down next to it to determine its depth I went down a foot and did not get to the bottom of it so I filled it back in, I didn't want to disturb anything until I figure this site out some more. The size of the triangle I would guess is 4" with top point NNE orientation I will be going back out this Sunday for more accurate measurements. If as you say a man of religion what does that ultimately mean if anything ? Thanks

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just a different suggestion. Geometric forms with central dots are a common design element in Native American petroglyphs. Here are examples from a site in RI, but design elements in petroglyphs are continent wide. These forms can be purely geometric, or incorporated in humanoid forms, as seen here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 321
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 302

Juba II

Apr 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The goal of ideological and therefore place preach and spread the message
Material goal is the presence of the landfill on the same rock or rock embraces the burial of a priest
Bring pictures of least several quarters is over and against the Triangle

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The goal of ideological and therefore place preach and spread the message
Material goal is the presence of the landfill on the same rock or rock embraces the burial of a priest
Bring pictures of least several quarters is over and against the Triangle

What? :icon_scratch:

Can't make heads or tails of what you are saying.

Juba II

Apr 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What? :icon_scratch:

Can't make heads or tails of what you are saying.

Only the specific triangles ribs without digging inside , pointing to the priesthood and Dvainhm and their graves , clerics, and also " to the God of the fire place or machine water.
-triangles Drilled full of space used by the Egyptians engineers to denote the permanence and eternal life
As well as it used this triangle dug by the Jews to denote 's locations worship only

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
He's telling you the symbolism of the triangle for different cultures through time but the translator he's using isn't working right. Kind of works the same with all our translations of ancient cultures and manuscripts, if you know what I mean. They are only as good as the translator. Much of our known history is mis-translated garbage.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Since Native Ameticans lived in your area for over 12,000 years, And we know they often made images on rock, often geometric designs, and since the Spanish only passed through, which group do you think stands a better chance of being the people who did that?? The odds sure as heck don't favor the Spanish. You come across images on a rock where Natives lived for 12,000 years, and decide the Spanish did this. Seems illogical to me, but, hey, I tried......

http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/rockart.html

http://www.amazon.com/Petroglyphs-Pictographs-Missouri-Carol-Diaz-Granados/dp/0817309888

http://rockartmo.com/

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My brother, I have your permission, including:
-almthelthat Only selected ribs without digging inside is referring to the priesthood and Dvainhm and their graves, clerics, and also "to the God of the fire place or machine water.
-almthelthat Drilled full of space used by the Egyptians engineers to denote the permanence and eternal life
As well as these triangles hewn used by the Jews to denote the worship's locations only.

Location, Location, and most of all LOCATION.

If we were in Israel or some other middle eastern country, then probably so. However, since this is located in the western hemisphere ... the usual suspects would be either those who lived there (Native Americans) or those who passed through (Spaniards, Jesuits, etc.).

Not many Hebrews passing through that area, even fewer Arabian travelers.

One must remember that symbolism has been used for millenia by many cultures. The difference is what the symbols came to mean in each culture. Thus, you need to look at the location to get the context.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions