Found these carvings this week.

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This one is at the top of a hill by an old access road on the old farm. Note there are coal mines and old pocket mines in the area. B,13, OWL?
DSCN0567.JPG

Down the hill is this huge tree with many different markings.
This is the east side which faces uphill.
DSCN0552.JPG

This is the west side. Bottom.
DSCN0550.JPG

This is also the west side about 6 feet above the heart?.

DSCN0572.JPG

Continued on next post.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
More.

This one is about 30 foot high and sits across the creek from the big tree. It appears to be an L. Which is telling because it sits 12 yards away from another tree that is pointing across the water directly at the big tree with many arborgylphs.

DSCN0660.JPG

DSCN0590.JPG

This tree is at the top of the hill. I am just curious about it and I do not think it is a marker. It appears to be one of two things. Either it was stuck by lighting and the bark is healing or it is gun shot. I haven't been back to see if there are bullets in it but will soon.

DSCN0564 (2).jpg

There are many more in the area but not as good as these.

OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Vine scar?

Going south from the big tree.

I can't tell if it's a scar from a vine or not. It doesn't have vines growing near by.

DSCN0701.JPG

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
some of the markings are very interesting, 1st thing I know to do is plot it out,GPS and bearings

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm no expert but if you could outline the carvings on the 2nd pic with some chalk just to get a better idea of what they are

OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks.

Thanks for your responses. I will try to chalk out those letters. I'm not sure if the second one is a E or a C. And that third one doesn't look like a letter when your under it. Unless you join a small l with a small m. It looks like a vertical line joined to a double mountain symbol. I also thought it looked like a cliff two look for two pointed rocks. I'm going to do a map on Google Sketch-up. Just to show the patten of arborglyphs on that area. But I'm sorry to say I do not have a G.P.S. hand help device and I've never read a G.P.S.. Yes, Yes, I am behind the times. My cell doesn't even have a camera. :tongue3:

OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Drawn symbol.

This is what I see on the big beech tree.

Anyone want to help me figure it out?

$_1.JPG

OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is a very curious place just to the north east of the big beech tree. Sadly I was alone and it is A steep place. I plan on going back with backup before detecting or digging. If I fell no one could hear me scream.

DSCN0680.JPG

DSCN0682.JPG

DSCN0851.JPG

OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Coming back to this thread after more research. I still haven't solved the problem but have some questions. If anyone knows and wants to help. This symbol is from one of the pics above. The big beech tree with letters that appear to be LCM.
DSCN0551.JPG

Is it possible it stands for Least Common Multiple?

Could it be an old survey symbol?

Do the slashes between the C and M and under it mean anything?

OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Rock pile in the same section.

o.k. I'm posting these rock piles here because these are in the same area as the arborglyphs. They are along the top ridge facing south/west over the creek. You should know they are on or very close to the acreage line.

This one appears to be broken. I believe the top stone was once one piece.

DSCN2732 (2).JPG

The second one is where I brushed it off a bit.

DSCN2733.JPG

This is from east side of same rock.

DSCN2734.JPG

This is the back with some talc. Can't tell if that's a heart or just a scratch.

IMG_0141 (2).JPG

Same rock close up.

IMG_0132.JPG

This is about 30 feet in line with the first pile.

IMG_0141.JPG

This one is about 30 feet from the second one.

DSCN2737 (2).jpg

Then as the ridge starts to curve about 25 feet from the last.

DSCN2738.JPG

Then down from that one about 15 feet are these.

IMG_0125.JPG

This one does appear to be indigenous to the slope. Except for the deeper line across it? Did human hands create that line?

IMG_0134.JPG

There are a few more in a place I won't walk alone. Some look like graves and others look like markers. If these are pointing they are all pointing to each other one after the other. Only difference is the first one has a small rock pointing up the old road. The road has been there a long long time. About 40 feet up the hill is a huge circle in the road. BTW, No gardening was done on this mountain although there were cows up there.

Attachments

• IMG_0131 (2).JPG
    IMG_0131 (2).JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh and even though this is a small tree, it is pointing up the hill towards the rock piles. Some of these tree grow slow on that slope though. Could just be an act of nature. Or grandpa did it.

DSCN2742.JPG

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Picture # 6 has a lot going on in it. That is defiantly an eye catcher. Looks like a turtle head and another head in it to a frog head is what it reminds me of.

OP
OP
BackwoodsDiva

BackwoodsDiva

Jan 3, 2015
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank you all for your opinions. I'll be back when I walk the hillside this weekend. I have ask my son to use his gas powder leaf blower up there. Then I will get better pics.

RockHopper2

Nov 22, 2009
Fletcher, OK
Diva, looks like your in a treasure yard according to the rocks. Check out Sany1's post on vault hunting. On your tree with letters, each letter has a numerical value in our alphabet (a=1) and so on. A dot means #1 and looks like you may have two eye's for direction. Just add the numbers and go in the direction of the eye's. All the carving will take your attention away from the rocks in most cases. Rocky

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread