Question ? Calculating Tragulation at T-Site.

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Measure all 3 sides of the triangle, find the center :)

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
If you have found a triangulation site the markers will be several yards apart.
Bisect the angles of the corners as exactly as possible with a straight line through the center of each angle the lines will meet at the center of the triangle.

Don't be too surprised if you don't find a small flat stone marking this spot. if it is a heart and you find something I won't yell at you for taking the heart. but do please fill in the hole. You may have to go as deep as 6' to get what they left.

Good luck
OD

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
Triangles are layed out in many ways....from drill holes...to cairns to flat stones placed upon several small ones....find one...and the rest should follow.

DW

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Have you or can you identify which corner is the Apex?

OP
OP
VICTORIO

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no Idea what an "apex" should look like. I understand it should be the one farthest away from the triangle. I have found a small hill with some signs that I'm still trying to figure out. I had no idea what a rabbit engraved on a rock meant. I have never seen it in any of the well known T- hunting books. Old Dog tells me it means there is an air vent close by. Possibly in the direction the rabbit is facing. Old dog is very knowledgeable as well. TF you have been very helpful too. The Windrose you talk about is also on this Hill you have been helping me with. This is why I'm trying to figure out Triangulation. It's just sometimes I get confused with your terminology. "NOT YOUR FAULT" I'm very new at this but it's like a group of Math professors trying to teach Geometry to a kid who is just learning to count to Ten. Thanks all for your Help.

I'm Learning Fast Though !!!

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Hey no sweat, it goes with the territory with us old hippies while trying to explain something. In the distance from your clock axle should be a small bush or tree with one or two rocks aside it. This is the apex you seek; somewhere in the direction of where the colors or quartz pieces start showing.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Twisted Fork said:
Have you or can you identify which corner is the Apex?

It'll look like this:

tight.corner.jpg

:D :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread