Ever see anything that looks like this?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only reason it was killed is it was to close to my place. My 3 dogs have been bitten over the month. One of my dogs didn't make it. She was the smartest dog I've owned. I don't know if she knew she got bit. She was running around with me. When I got to the river and started to cross. She started acting funny. Like she was cramping up. I picked her up and carried her to my truck. I still didn't see the bite until I layer her on the vets. Table. The bite was over 2" wide . So I knew it was a big snake. I have plenty of snakes around here. I have a 7' grey rat snake that I let stay in my garage. I normally will relocate a snake if I find one. I feel that was the one that cost me $1500. For the vet bill and still lost my girl. I don't feel a bit remorse. I have caught plenty of them. Ate a few also and they are good. Sweet tasting pure white meat with the texture of a orange.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snake

The only reason it was killed is it was to close to my place. My 3 dogs have been bitten over the month. One of my dogs didn't make it. She was the smartest dog I've owned. I don't know if she knew she got bit. She was running around with me. When I got to the river and started to cross. She started acting funny. Like she was cramping up. I picked her up and carried her to my truck. I still didn't see the bite until I layer her on the vets. Table. The bite was over 2" wide . So I knew it was a big snake. I have plenty of snakes around here. I have a 7' grey rat snake that I let stay in my garage. I normally will relocate a snake if I find one. I feel that was the one that cost me $1500. For the vet bill and still lost my girl. I don't feel a bit remorse. I have caught plenty of them. Ate a few also and they are good. Sweet tasting pure white meat with the texture of a orange.

Backwoods, I was not judging you because you killed the snake. Number one priority for a man should be to protect his family and home. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and companion, your pet. I do not think anyone would have done other wise. When your in a area that is good habitat for snakes, you are going to have snakes. Relocating them is good, but it also opens the territory up for another one to move in. You and your family will always need to be on guard. All things have their purpose, some we have to question, but they still have their reason for being. Some coexist with us humans better than others. Once again I'm truly sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing with us the story behind the picture. Thank you! mm

Sometimes my words do not come across as I intend them to.

Last edited:

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Bob, I have always had Dogs they are like children when they are close to you kinda worry about them, the only thing that I know is to take away the food source and that will take a long time. Sorry about your loss

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is sugar, she was a boxer and jack Russell mix. She is waiting for a command. She she loved to run in the water
d6d90f2213b4b709b346842be4c6f3dd.jpg

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
That would make me declare war too, they tell me that sticky traps work, makes them easier to see also just have to stake them down and put something over like a 4ft X 4 ft ply wood and raise them up an inch or so, kinda like a depression in the ground with the sticky stuff staked down

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello MM2, I will, walk ( drive ) around critters even tho I don't like them, God has a plan, same thing goes for that guy that person that tailgates I figger he will get his reward and it won't affect my insurance.

Dsty, I have read your post over and over each time it makes me chuckle, Thanks! I do the same but not once did I think about my insurance. Have a good one!

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drill Hole

100_3719.JPG 100_3727.JPG 100_3720.JPG

Odd that we could only find one drill hole at this site. 2" Diameter 4' Deep. Massive amounts of rock removed.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_3736.JPG

Like the intro says Ever See Any Thing That Looks Like This? See the Cute Little Face in circle? Mother Nature's Odd sense of humor?
The Circle is about 3" in Diameter. Folks I only post what I find, I do not make this stuff up, trust me!
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around how that round piece fell back into solid rock? Hollow? it would almost have to be?
I would hate to think it might be the start button for Armageddon. mm

Last edited:

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Reminds me of two things, 1 a protected campsite, 2 a back filled mine entrance. I have seen both and believe they served both purposes at times. If there are a lot of tailings, the mine is usually pretty close.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tinhorn

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is a tremendous amount of Tailings. It is not far from the drill hole, where they moved a lot of rock. I have the feeling that they did not complete what they started to do here at this location. Interested in how you arrived at your conclusion? Thank you! mm

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re Tinhorn

100_3744.JPG 100_3732.JPG As you can see someone moved a lot of rock.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1347930

Like the intro says Ever See Any Thing That Looks Like This? See the Cute Little Face in circle? Mother Nature's Odd sense of humor?
The Circle is about 3" in Diameter. Folks I only post what I find, I do not make this stuff up, trust me!
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around how that round piece fell back into solid rock? Hollow? it would almost have to be?
I would hate to think it might be the start button for Armageddon. mm

Minuteman, just be sure which button to push first --:nono: Armageddon is funny but I understand what you are saying.-- The round circle is a man looking left.
Go that direction to see what he be lookin' at. Listen for the rattles as you may never see Mr. rattler till too late, BUT, I have walked up on them and they were super quiet, Nothing moving but a tongue. Good luck

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
elh
Thanks, I was all up and down to the left yesterday. Not uncommon for me to miss stuff. Did not see one snake, saw one seed tick, think I carried them all off on my other trips by here. Yea about the button, didn't know if it would bring the whole bluff down on top of me or not? Thanks! You stay safe as well! mm

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the button?
I agree that the round circle is a face. I can even see an eyebrow and ear. Cool stuff.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi miboje,
The face is the button... Don't know if your suppose to say open sesame or what as you push on it. It did not come with instructions. Sorry I'm in one of those moods. I walked all over Europe yesterday and did not think I found much until I looked at the pictures. But truly I have never seen anything like this. Thanks for your support! mm

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi miboje,
The face is the button... Don't know if your suppose to say open sesame or what as you push on it. It did not come with instructions. Sorry I'm in one of those moods. I walked all over Europe yesterday and did not think I found much until I looked at the pictures. But truly I have never seen anything like this. Thanks for your support! mm
I have been amazed more times than I can count at what I can see in pics that I could not see at the site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miboje,
I started out thinking the camera would help me remember things, now I firmly believe that TH can not be done with out it. Add in the computer as well. Simply amazing what the camera picks up, sometimes scary. Don't know how folks do it with a phone? Have a great day! mm

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be lost without my phone and it's camera. It's my office and lab all in one. The only bad thing is I run the battery down so quick.

OP
OP
M

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drill hole Bluff

100_3731.JPG

100_3733.JPG

Thought I would share with you the amount of work it must have taken to move all the rock required to make it look like this today! Most likely by people who did not want to be there. Even small injuries back then were a death sentence. mm

Why did I say "Death Sentence" I would think that whoever was in charge would have a very short "Social Services List" You don't work you don't eat. You try to leave camp you get shot in the back!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread