For Dog the Treasure Hunter

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Dog, I was going over some old stuff and found this info I have on the Deming NM area. I think you're the only one I know of who pokes around that part of the state. A guy I used to know about fifteen/twenty years ago sketched these petroglyphs he said he found - I think in the Floridas. Might have been the Little Floridas and maybe east towards Las Cruces too. They aren't places I ever go (except for Si Senor restaurant in Deming, that is). Anyway, good luck finding them.

floridas.jpg

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you dsipher that code

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Steve, thats a very interesting petroglyph. I like that they got their dog with them, if thats what it is. That headdress is cool too. One has a square body,and the other a triangle body.Very interesting. Thanks for keeping me in mind and showing that. If you know of any treasure found story's from the area,id love to hear about it,or anything else.

OP
OP
sdcfia

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Steve, thats a very interesting petroglyph. I like that they got their dog with them, if thats what it is. That headdress is cool too. One has a square body,and the other a triangle body.Very interesting. Thanks for keeping me in mind and showing that. If you know of any treasure found story's from the area,id love to hear about it,or anything else.

Other than in the Cookes Range, I'm not familiar with treasure rumors in the Deming area. You might ask around if anybody has heard about the alleged cave that runs all the way from the Floridas down to Tres Hermanas. Supposedly, the Apaches used it to get away from the bluecoats when necessary.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that's the reason it sounded like someone hammer drilling under my house

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than in the Cookes Range, I'm not familiar with treasure rumors in the Deming area. You might ask around if anybody has heard about the alleged cave that runs all the way from the Floridas down to Tres Hermanas. Supposedly, the Apaches used it to get away from the bluecoats when necessary.

Yes. i have heard that. I also have hear that when the Mexican Feds where chasing Poncho V north to this area, he would cross over to the U.S., up into Tres Hermanes, into a cave, horses men and all, and they would move large boulders to cover the entrance. Thats all and good, I could buy that, if your a few days ahead, and have your rear guard set all the turned stones and sweep the trail clean. Or maybe the Mex. Feds stopped at the boarder on the chase.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What i like about the the drawing the most, that sdcfia posted is the Headdress. I found that at site, on a figure carved in stone. But here is the catch. This figure had a real slim face and slim nose. Most of the stuff i find out here is Aztec,Mayan looking, round puffy looking face, large hooked nose type of stuff. When i seen that slim face,slim nose figure, the first thing that i thought was, Inca. Call me crazy, but thats what i felt in my core. The Incas where here along with many others. Why not? The could build and hike in those Mountains, this should be a easy a walk in the park, in this area to them.:dontknow:

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if people could travel north to south across the Bering Straight in that freezing cold tundra for miles and miles, Why couldn't people travel from the south to north in warmer weather? You dont hear anything about that in school. In every culture there are people that have traveling bones.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dog, the key stone,is it also the flag man? It looks like a man waving a flag

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dog, the key stone,is it also the flag man? It looks like a man waving a flag

It dose look like that Backwoods. I just thought it was kinda strange seeing that door way,pit symbol and other things show up on that monument. I know id like to see it at other angles and lighting to see what other things may show. Was it planned, or just random, i have no ideal.:dontknow:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed in the back ground the big N. It lined up perfect with the monument. Even his bent leg is being used. The tip of the knee looks like the dog. The club is being used it point out something. Look at the 3rd. And 4th. Point from the left bottom. They are pointing at a x and j. Then below that is the stairway to the underworld. Along with everything else.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, that is a interesting foot,now that you pointed that out backwoods. there sure seems to be alot of extra work on that foot and base that it is resting on.It be interesting to know who the designer was of it,and the year it was done.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that's the reason it sounded like someone hammer drilling under my house

That was the federal government looking for all the treasures that you had found on federal land. Off to jail you will go, if they find anything. Start running.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, best thread I have seen in a while. I live a hour away from Demming and would say others have found markings like you have described. The floridas are bad to be climbing in. There is some Jesuit stuff buried not far from there but thats another story. Just want you to know Jesuits was in the area. I dont know anything about the geology, just seem some markers I want to go check as I drive down the Highway when I pass.

Now you are talking about the foot on the indian. If you look at art of the time period you will find hands and feet will give away clues. I dont know what they are saying, but you can see signs and marks in them. Very good eye. Thought I was the only one seeing this stuff.

You decide to get out in this heat Dog and visit I would love to travel with ya. I hope to have the truck 100% soon. There is a prospector who lives in Demming. Homefire is his name. He knows a lot about the area.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Hello Casca, I really do appreciate your support and your work in the field, just looking at your post I would guess that if the steps you have taken would measure at least 40 miles at least and probably more like 300 / 500 miles walking miles. Got my left eye scheduled for repair Wednesday 10: 00 am.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the federal government looking for all the treasures that you had found on federal land. Off to jail you will go, if they find anything. Start running.
I have never been on federal land, but they are on private land. My wife and I have seen military people around here. We have photos of them on our land and at night. But I will.tell you it does no good to complain. Just the times we're in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread