Your Opinion: what Is This Rock Representing?

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please send photos of the other side and with the moss cleared off. You may be missing an important clue.

What's in the surrounding area? Maybe put a laser pointer in the hole?
Not sure how soon I am going to get over there again, but I will do that.
There is a lot in the surrounding area. It is surrounded by carved rocks. There is what I believe is an alpha rock, a small heart, a turtle and heart, a pointer, and what looks like a headstone with the profile of a man's face with a strange looking hat.
Putting a laser in the hole is an awesome idea, GIB. Thanks!!

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Generally speaking there is often a divot or shallow hole on important markers. Sometimes they are big as well so they stand out from surrounding things. They are just eye catchers, but they are like putting a stamp on it because most of this stuff is very natural looking and intended to be so as much as possible. Which causes a problem for us because it becomes paradolia in many people's eyes and sometimes rightfully so. A few hundred years pass and it all looks pretty natural, and lichen manipulation plays into that. Many man made eyes on things (images) are simple lichen manipulation, and when you find it time and time again along with other markers, and they are aligned with exact repeating compass bearings and distances, well nature doesn't do that. Nature is random. These are imagery (markers) with applied math/surveying. Most people can't comprehend either, and you can hide stuff aligned in plain site pretty much anywhere because of it. But it is very difficult to find accurate specific spots and very difficult to figure out what means what at each site.

The fact is , there is really nothing and no one publicly telling you accurately exactly what to do on any of these sites, and there hasn't really been anything ever posted here or anywhere (even in books) that will really get you even close. Most information is leading you far off these markers/sites, the only thing you can get from here or any book is some of the images or markers to look for and a few hoyo types to look thru . What to do or where to go is independent on each site, although there are things that are in common or you can relate from site to site. The whole internet spanish treasure marker knowledge base is basically a cluster f because of all the different ideas on how to go about it. Even people who have found stuff and have talked about it, it 's just a coincidence and they tried to reverse engineer it but they really had no idea in the first place, they just got lucky and saw an old sight where something that looked at something (or similar) and dug it up and didn't die from a empty trapped out spot, and you can get lucky if you are around these sites enough. Most people that really knew anything are long gone, a couple posts at most, and they got tired quickly of crucial information falling on deaf ears or being challenged by "nobodies" who aren't even remotely interested in finding this stuff.

There is a ridiculous amount of bad info out there, I would use some of the images people have found and start from scratch on how to use them and use a compass and tape alot and think how you would have buried something if you went across the ocean and wanted your family or friends to find it and no one else once they got to the general area... what clues, what each image meant, what bearings were important and why, boulder usage and how to make them stand out from others/surroundings ,etc. , as well as how you could make boulders or combinations of boulders and images line up to a spot when you put a compass to them.

Last edited:

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
What I generally done when I was in the field I had a device called a G P S, I carried it Everywhere it gave me a Distance and direction. Anytime I carried a compass and Greenlee measuring tape it was because I was close and had reason to do it the hard way

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Any normal gps you use won't be accurate within 20 feet or even more unless you paid about 5k for it. I marked a boulder marker one time and it showed it 40+ feet away when I came back. That is the last time I used one for measuring. If you are even 5-6 feet off you won't hit any of these sites if you decide to dig unless you have a backhoe and dig a humongous hole...

minuteman2

Jun 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock

Hi all. This rock is at the entrance of a trail near an alpha rock. I'd say this is Spanish, but I am a greenhorn.
In the eastern US, I do not see the large stone monuments that you guys/gals see out west - or at least I haven't yet. Instead, I see one rock that appears to contain information, then other rocks around/near it.
View attachment 1332826
In the case of the location where this rock is, I am pretty confident that the trail leads to a Spanish mine. I have tried to decipher this one fully, but am coming up short. There is a carved out area in the center bottom of the rock sort of looks like a fish with a yellow eye. To the direct right, the same type of shape appears to have been "painted" on. You will probably have to copy this pic and paste it into Paint.net to be able to really see it well. What is your interpretation of the rock, please?
Thanks!

miboje
As a whole It kind of looks like an abstract dolphin with the blow hole on the side.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. This rock is at the entrance of a trail near an alpha rock. I'd say this is Spanish, but I am a greenhorn.
In the eastern US, I do not see the large stone monuments that you guys/gals see out west - or at least I haven't yet. Instead, I see one rock that appears to contain information, then other rocks around/near it.
View attachment 1332826
In the case of the location where this rock is, I am pretty confident that the trail leads to a Spanish mine. I have tried to decipher this one fully, but am coming up short. There is a carved out area in the center bottom of the rock sort of looks like a fish with a yellow eye. To the direct right, the same type of shape appears to have been "painted" on. You will probably have to copy this pic and paste it into Paint.net to be able to really see it well. What is your interpretation of the rock, please?
Thanks!

Iam not sure where you are at on the east coast miboje. But i have been in the state of Pa. about 100 some miles north of Pittsburgh up along the Allegheny river,Kennerdale,rockland township. And have been to this iron ore furnace. So there has been mining going on there. And iam sure there has been a lot of French Canadians all thru there. Theres even a summer solstice site at Tionesta. So keep a eye open for the french stuff and ancient stuff also. View attachment 1342037 View attachment 1342037 View attachment 1342038 View attachment 1342039

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dog - Thank you for sharing the pics. I was not aware of the site at Tionesta. I'll see if anyone posted anything on YouTube.
Yes, there has been mining in my area - for iron ore. I suspect the area was mined for iron ore before the European settlers got here, but I've not found any "ancient" evidence yet. I am looking, believe me.
How would I know a site is a French site?
Iam not sure where you are at on the east coast miboje. But i have been in the state of Pa. about 100 some miles north of Pittsburgh up along the Allegheny river,Kennerdale,rockland township. And have been to this iron ore furnace. So there has been mining going on there. And iam sure there has been a lot of French Canadians all thru there. Theres even a summer solstice site at Tionesta. So keep a eye open for the french stuff and ancient stuff also. View attachment 1342037 View attachment 1342037 View attachment 1342038 View attachment 1342039

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dog - Thank you for sharing the pics. I was not aware of the site at Tionesta. I'll see if anyone posted anything on YouTube.
Yes, there has been mining in my area - for iron ore. I suspect the area was mined for iron ore before the European settlers got here, but I've not found any "ancient" evidence yet. I am looking, believe me.
How would I know a site is a French site?[/QUOTE
I guess what iam saying is,there should be a good bit of Frenchmen going up and down the east coast,especially along the water ways. I guess they would use the same signs as the Spanish. The cross,owl,turtle. I believe i did see it on you tube. I think Scott Wolters went there after some sites he was at in the northeast. ill see if i can find the video and post the link here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions