FOUND OKLAHOMA KGC ROCK CARVING MAP, DRILL HOLES, AND METAL MARKERS ..... HOPEFULLY?

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I found these large rock carvings on the side of a large bolder in the bottom of a spring in a very secluded area. There are some unique signs with the BB and box with a dot. I'm not sure if the name through the middle is graffiti from a later date or part of the original carving.

Approximately 100' from these carvings there is a large turtle head coming out of the side of a hill. Following the eye of the turtle took me to three drill holes in the top of a rock. The drill holes are in a straight line and are about 2 in in diameter and 12 in deep. They line up in the north and south direction and the last drill hole is into a ledge.

Directly under these drill holes I found a decorative door of an old cast iron stove. Next to the stove piece I had another hit that I began to dig up. A few inches deep I found one side of a horseshoe. The odd thing is that this horseshoe was sitting on its side in the ground. Once I got the horseshoe out of the ground I saw that it was bent on one side so that it would easily stand up on its side. It seems impossible that this horseshoe was bent or placed in the ground by mother nature. The round part of the horseshoe was pointing north, parallel with the line made by the drill holes.

Outlaws have be documented being in this area and I have hopes that this may be a treasure site.
Has anyone ever heard of outlaws using stove pieces or horseshoes as a marker?
Has anyone ever seen a BB, or box with a dot, or a cursive letter J carving?
Could there any other possible explanation for the drill holes?
I would greatly appreciate any thoughts and ideas on interpreting these signs and strategies going forward.

Spring Rock Full (Highlighted)2.jpg

Spring Turtle.jpg

Drillholes 2&3.jpg

Drillholes3.jpg

Plate.jpg

Horseshoe3.jpg

Horseshoe2.jpg

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! Hopefully some of the folks who are knowledgeable about KGC stuff will spot this. There is a KGC sub-forum, so you may want to go there and direct them to your post here.
KGC stuff has not been an area of study for me, or I'd be glad to try to help. Plus, I am a greenhorn myself. But there are a number of threads on deciphering drill holes and other symbols for your perusal. If you find any more metal pieces, they should be uncovered but left in situ in their original position.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
My guess is the two drill hole's may have a 3rd near-by showing a triangle, the square hole may indicate a vault with the head showing the direction, the distance may be the distance from the top of the head to the ground and from the looks of it may be 6 foot = 2.5 miles or a league. I would look for 2, a vault at 2.5 miles, ( look at Google first for a idea on the what the country looks like ) The terrain around the drill holes should offer up other information or I would follow the drill holes deep to shallow or something on the rock points a direction, Vault will be empty. Good spot for a camera. Look around some for something that indicates a Royal Trail.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
In direction of the head go and search a mountain or hill with same shape from drill-holes-rock.
One drill-hole is where you are now and the other is destination.
Its telling what to search and where.
..probably you are close to a miner's site

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
My guess is the two drill hole's may have a 3rd near-by showing a triangle, the square hole may indicate a vault with the head showing the direction, the distance may be the distance from the top of the head to the ground and from the looks of it may be 6 foot = 2.5 miles or a league. I would look for 2, a vault at 2.5 miles, ( look at Google first for a idea on the what the country looks like ) The terrain around the drill holes should offer up other information or I would follow the drill holes deep to shallow or something on the rock points a direction, Vault will be empty. Good spot for a camera. Look around some for something that indicates a Royal Trail.

Thanks dsty. There are three drill holes but they are all three in a straight line. I will clean off the rock better to make sure there are no other drill holes or carvings.
What signs would indicate a Royal Trail?

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks weregolf. When you say "direction of the head" are you meaning straight in front of the turtle or following the eye of the turtle (the turtles left).

Thanks weregolf. When you say "direction of the head" are you meaning straight in front of the turtle or following the eye of the turtle (the turtles left).

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Loot, looks head have a "> eye" and a big-black-dot, so, align them
If dot is not good then align eye/mouth with nearest monument/boulder

After alignment GO TO your left:
<C
--o--
..where "--"=arm, "o"=body, "<C"=turtle-head

I think dot is telling distance, dot=1 ..1 cordell? ..i can be wrong

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for looking that up L.C.
I there a reason the 5th cavalry specifically is a good thing, or are you saying that any connection with the CSA is good thing?

I'm saying I see a 5 and the name J.C. Henderson who checks out to be in the C.S.A. in the 5th cav. That is good because it confirms a lot of questions for you about that rock and who might have
put that carving on there. I would start next by finding out when the 5th was at that rock or near by there. If they were not I would start researching that fellow J.C. until the cows come home. Good luck!
L.C.:thumbsup:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd just follow the direction the fish head/frog head/turtle head whatever it is with the large divot/crater drill hole in it's side until you come upon another large shaped boulder/monument/wacky looking tree. It shouldn't be too far away, maybe a few hundred feet max. Probably much less.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself don't put much stock in KGC hidden treasures or sentinels or what have you, but plenty of folks do and you can't dismiss them out of hand. Post this on the Oklahoma forum as there's a couple of guys on there who are pretty sharp on Oklahoma treasure symbols and maybe they'll be lookin in.

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Loot, to qualify as a Royal Trail the square hole should have a flat bottom in it and should be worked as such, dimensions , depth = distance direction indicated by head

Thanks for the tip dsty.

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Loot, looks head have a "> eye" and a big-black-dot, so, align them
If dot is not good then align eye/mouth with nearest monument/boulder

After alignment GO TO your left:
<C
--o--
..where "--"=arm, "o"=body, "<C"=turtle-head

I think dot is telling distance, dot=1 ..1 cordell? ..i can be wrong

Thanks weregolf I'll try try that out very soon!

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
I myself don't put much stock in KGC hidden treasures or sentinels or what have you, but plenty of folks do and you can't dismiss them out of hand. Post this on the Oklahoma forum as there's a couple of guys on there who are pretty sharp on Oklahoma treasure symbols and maybe they'll be lookin in.

I'll give that a try. Thanks RGINN

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Loot,
When you go back out there, would you chalk the carvings around the name, then square up your camera and photograph it?

OP
OP
LOOT

LOOT

Mar 1, 2014
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Other
Loot,
When you go back out there, would you chalk the carvings around the name, then square up your camera and photograph it?

I will do it tinhorn. So, just the symbols around the name, and not the name?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
If and when you come across a drill hole that's drilled on an angle, work it like you would put a tent stake in the ground in the direction of the best pull point, the only ones that I have seen are at a settlers square, but I will bet there are others using the same method, good to see you posting Tin. Finally got to Texas and Palo Duro Canyon, Blistering HOT but perhaps winter time is coming and it should get better, Tell every hello for me. Really enjoy the Photos of the kids. ( Loot It sure help to get more area around your carvings back up the camera about 5 ft

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions