A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1570467

So look at the two Royal Poodles, then look up and to the right, along the spine of the mountain. See the window? The big pointer, which is actually a Royal Poodle nose, is pointing the way out, down to a huge spring and giant cottonwood trees that used to be there. Approx. 80% of the wetlands are now gone, since 1540. To follow these trails, there is a lot of reconstructing the landscape that needs to be done. It is not anything like it used to be. I read one account of the Spaniards coming into a beautiful valley with grass up to their stirrups, and a huge river, everything they needed to regroup and rest. I found it, and today it has very little grass, if you can find any, thick gnarly brush filling the entire valley and mountain sides, and the river is a small stream, part time. The cattle grazing, or over grazing I should say, destroyed many beautiful habitats in the south west. They brought in too many cattle for the land to support, they ate all of the grass, then all of the brush, then spread the seed from the brush all over the landscape, and that is what you have today. Then, after long and concentrated exploration of 5 or 6 definite sites, I will tell you that someone, back in the 1800's and early 1900's, knew about the monuments and how to follow them. I don't claim them to be the KGC, or Jesse James, or anyone in particular, however, there were Spanish Treasure Hunters way before we came on the scene. We found some old stuff, from the 1800's, in one the the shafts that was resealed and most of the really important monuments were destroyed. The only hint is a cross chiseled in the rocks, and a Turtle that is very hard to recognize. It may have been the Mexican Treasure hunters. Whoever it was, they explored far and wide. They found a lot of sites that the hunters of today are wasting their time trying to find again. If you want to find the good ones, be prepared to risk it all.
Another thing, see the front of the Poodle Monument, and you will see a guy reclining, as if he is asleep...that's me, the tired old Irishman.

All very interesting, seems you've done a lot of work, ah yes, too bad
about good 'ol Father Time, for all of us that are adventurous at heart.

Still, the sure fire way that sandy1 has revealed, & even proved by
doing the field work step by step live time, is using the markers &
alignments, and particular camera(s) to capture the aura put off by
the sun's radiation interaction with the minerals.

Now that's a remarkably awesome time saver, everyone should try...
Good Luck, stay young at least in spirit, be safe, that rattler looked
pretty mad at you, ready to spring several feet. I have a good set of
Kevlar snake guards I bought on a trip out west, that I've never worn.
I am planning to however, since I don't want me luck to run plum out.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1570472

NEVER forget your Snake Gators!

Snake gaiters are a tough call for me. I've got a good pair and have worn them in certain situations, but with jeans underneath can become very hot and sweaty real fast in the southwestern region. I look at it like this: with a good awareness of where you step and where you put your hands, coupled with a long enough brush poker, you can avoid nearly all problems. If you don't like carrying a walking stick (I don't), you can bust off a nice light yucca stalk to use as your poker in snake country. If your destination is badly infested with lots of snakes, just avoid it until the weather changes. Oh, and if you happen to be digging, be careful when you retrieve your tools in the morning.

Shovel.JPG

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1570467

So look at the two Royal Poodles, then look up and to the right, along the spine of the mountain. See the window? The big pointer, which is actually a Royal Poodle nose, is pointing the way out, down to a huge spring and giant cottonwood trees that used to be there. Approx. 80% of the wetlands are now gone, since 1540. To follow these trails, there is a lot of reconstructing the landscape that needs to be done. It is not anything like it used to be. I read one account of the Spaniards coming into a beautiful valley with grass up to their stirrups, and a huge river, everything they needed to regroup and rest. I found it, and today it has very little grass, if you can find any, thick gnarly brush filling the entire valley and mountain sides, and the river is a small stream, part time. The cattle grazing, or over grazing I should say, destroyed many beautiful habitats in the south west. They brought in too many cattle for the land to support, they ate all of the grass, then all of the brush, then spread the seed from the brush all over the landscape, and that is what you have today. Then, after long and concentrated exploration of 5 or 6 definite sites, I will tell you that someone, back in the 1800's and early 1900's, knew about the monuments and how to follow them. I don't claim them to be the KGC, or Jesse James, or anyone in particular, however, there were Spanish Treasure Hunters way before we came on the scene. We found some old stuff, from the 1800's, in one the the shafts that was resealed and most of the really important monuments were destroyed. The only hint is a cross chiseled in the rocks, and a Turtle that is very hard to recognize. It may have been the Mexican Treasure hunters. Whoever it was, they explored far and wide. They found a lot of sites that the hunters of today are wasting their time trying to find again. If you want to find the good ones, be prepared to risk it all.
Another thing, see the front of the Poodle Monument, and you will see a guy reclining, as if he is asleep...that's me, the tired old Irishman.

Next time DSC_0507.jpg you are there looking around, if it was me i would look up around the dot for a seal cave,there be a air shaft up the mountain a little higher up,good luck.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Snake gaiters are a tough call for me. I've got a good pair and have worn them in certain situations, but with jeans underneath can become very hot and sweaty real fast in the southwestern region. I look at it like this: with a good awareness of where you step and where you put your hands, coupled with a long enough brush poker, you can avoid nearly all problems. If you don't like carrying a walking stick (I don't), you can bust off a nice light yucca stalk to use as your poker in snake country. If your destination is badly infested with lots of snakes, just avoid it until the weather changes. Oh, and if you happen to be digging, be careful when you retrieve your tools in the morning.

View attachment 1570724

What a cute little baby..! What's His name? Muah. LOL ....anyway,...I have a couple (skin only) that looked like dragons when we first met.

And if they hit you -on you protective gear, like snake boots/gaiters-- you could swear it feels like a baseball bat.

A 6 foot cane and a load of #8 bird shot is a must. No joking with these guys.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What a cute little baby..! What's His name? Muah. LOL ....anyway,...I have a couple (skin only) that looked like dragons when we first met.

And if they hit you -on you protective gear, like snake boots/gaiters-- you could swear it feels like a baseball bat.

A 6 foot cane and a load of #8 bird shot is a must. No joking with these guys.

The old store in Hillsboro NM used to have an 8-foot skin on the wall - that's a big rattler. Anyway, I don't need to kill them, just try to avoid them. The ones that disturb me the most are the ones who hide in the tuna cactus. They're usually the same color as the cactus pads and always seem to be a surprise when they start buzzing.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I found one that big he would be a meal. If you have never eaten one. They are sweet and pure white meat. We have rattlesnake rodeos every year here.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
The old store in Hillsboro NM used to have an 8-foot skin on the wall - that's a big rattler. Anyway, I don't need to kill them, just try to avoid them. The ones that disturb me the most are the ones who hide in the tuna cactus. They're usually the same color as the cactus pads and always seem to be a surprise when they start buzzing.

Oh yes, an 8 footer is a biggie. One of mine is close to 7, but still an old grumpy sob. I'm not as forgiving as you are though. In my book, only a dead rattler is a good rattler, because I have witnessed something almost funny, if it wasn't a life and death situation.

A friend's of mine kid, saw one of them grumpy old rattler (that wasn't even rattling at that time) and decided to throw some rocks at it.
The next second, that grumpy old thing turned around and started chasing the kid. Of course, his dad had to get involved and shoot the thing.
Until that day, I did not know of any snake chasing a human, except for Cotton mouth and Black Mamba. But a rattler..?

Thus, I've changed my opinion and attitude instantly, after that.
Not to mention the fact, that in my area.....we have snake galore every season.

P.S. Bob is right, I think. I've heard that often enough from old timers making a habit of enjoying "bush meat"

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there. We have been all over that hill back in 2002. Three caves, empty. They took the stash and headed south to where the Squaws was dancing.

Last edited:

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't killed a Rattlesnake since I was a very young IDIOT KID. If you stick your hands back in a dark place then I hope a hairy monster drags you back in there with IT.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't killed a Rattlesnake since I was a very young IDIOT KID. If you stick your hands back in a dark place then I hope a hairy monster drags you back in there with IT.

I haven't killed a snake for several years either, but that's just
because I haven't run across a wild one with a real, scaly skin. 8-)
If I killed one that approached me, would that make him the idiot?:tongue3:
I never stick my hands or arms in dark areas, at least not unknown...:laughing7:

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes, an 8 footer is a biggie. One of mine is close to 7, but still an old grumpy sob. I'm not as forgiving as you are though. In my book, only a dead rattler is a good rattler, because I have witnessed something almost funny, if it wasn't a life and death situation.

A friend's of mine kid, saw one of them grumpy old rattler (that wasn't even rattling at that time) and decided to throw some rocks at it.
The next second, that grumpy old thing turned around and started chasing the kid. Of course, his dad had to get involved and shoot the thing.
Until that day, I did not know of any snake chasing a human, except for Cotton mouth and Black Mamba. But a rattler..?

Thus, I've changed my opinion and attitude instantly, after that.
Not to mention the fact, that in my area.....we have snake galore every season.

P.S. Bob is right, I think. I've heard that often enough from old timers making a habit of enjoying "bush meat"
I have only tasted one at one time. Good taste but I like chicken best. Once in Frisco City Al. two men were there from another county farther East. They came to have a rally they called Rattlesnake Rodeo. They were real hunters and told the crowd that when mating season is in
the rattlesnake WILL chase you. The bird shot do a good job on Mr. rattle butt plus saves many quail eggs. Mr. Snake.png

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only tasted one at one time. Good taste but I like chicken best. Once in Frisco City Al. two men were there from another county farther East. They came to have a rally they called Rattlesnake Rodeo. They were real hunters and told the crowd that when mating season is in
the rattlesnake WILL chase you. The bird shot do a good job on Mr. rattle butt plus saves many quail eggs. View attachment 1571576

Nice, That kind of stuff will get you a gold medal.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
They found a lot of sites that the hunters of today are wasting their time trying to find again. If you want to find the good ones, be prepared to risk it all.

Holyground, thanks for posting your pics. I found your quote above very interesting. Why is it you state that hunters of today are wasting their time trying to find those sites again? Does it have to do with how remote some of these sites are, or how dangerous?

Also, the second part of your statement, can you please elaborate more on being prepared to risk it all? Are you referring to the dangers of death traps, poisons, etc? Or are you referring to government?

Thanks in advance.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Holyground, thanks for posting your pics. I found your quote above very interesting. Why is it you state that hunters of today are wasting their time trying to find those sites again? Does it have to do with how remote some of these sites are, or how dangerous?

Also, the second part of your statement, can you please elaborate more on being prepared to risk it all? Are you referring to the dangers of death traps, poisons, etc? Or are you referring to government?

Thanks in advance.

Me thinks some people with no cameras are possibly wasting time...

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
There are several ways they made a marker stand out from the surrounding rocks, a Hole, a standalone Marker, a different color rock, a over sized boulder, a boulder blocking a wash, a shadow, a light sign, all of these work on one principle, that they are different than the rest of the surroundings.

It's like finding waldo, your looking for the different object that you know to be a treasure sign.

An interesting point. Thank you for this thread Sandy it is full of valuable information for everyone to use. It is neat how the K.G.C. adopted some of the Spanish symbols and methods. In our case there are several Spanish clues like the use of a Tobias symbol with a number at its base. It is strange that they used sea measurements on the land, but it was a sea of green without a rock or tree in sight at that time. The men we are dealing with had expeditions into Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico where they established gold mines of their own, and I wonder if they had old Spanish mines in their sites when staking their claims. In our areas, they actually paid a professional stone carver to make the markers that they placed in cemeteries in the belief that they would never be moved from the halloed ground. Boy were they wrong! In 1982 they moved one of the cemeteries they used and its occupants to make way for a new highway.

grass.jpg

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
An interesting point. Thank you for this thread Sandy it is full of valuable information for everyone to use. It is neat how the K.G.C. adopted some of the Spanish symbols and methods. In our case there are several Spanish clues like the use of a Tobias symbol with a number at its base. It is strange that they used sea measurements on the land, but it was a sea of green without a rock or tree in sight at that time. The men we are dealing with had expeditions into Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico where they established gold mines of their own, and I wonder if they had old Spanish mines in their sites when staking their claims. In our areas, they actually paid a professional stone carver to make the markers that they placed in cemeteries in the belief that they would never be moved from the halloed ground. Boy were they wrong! In 1982 they moved one of the cemeteries they used and its occupants to make way for a new highway.

View attachment 1571685

Hello L.C.B I would very much appreciate it if you could tell us the measurements you are referring to? (sea measurements)

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 1571685

Cemeteries are a great potential source, both for coded inscriptions on empty graves and also for their geographical locations on map patterns. Likewise, place names for old townsites, mines, landmarks, historic sites, etc - notice the ones that seem to appear in the vicinity of the legends. Put them on your maps. "Adams" is of course a no-brainer, well-used and whose inspiration is traced back to Adams County MS. Another repeating one is "Lone Pine". With your KGC knowledge, LC, I'll bet you will recognize many "coincidences". More carvings to pay attention to are the locations of the many Mystery Glyph panels that have been found throughout the West. Terry Carter broke this ground decades ago and is now realizing, I believe, their apparent connection to the "KGC" phenomenon. Again, add these locations to your mapping database and look for geometrical patterns.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello L.C.B I would very much appreciate it if you could tell us the measurements you are referring to? (sea measurements)

This is one of the crosses found on the trail. In 1970 my Father made a drawing of the 3-inch lead cross. This one was not worn around someone's neck and has no hole at the top. It was a directional clue to go to the next site. There are more like it that were found in each place we were led to. Some used leagues (L) and fathoms (F) for short distances calculated with Roman numerals on the pieces.
Treasure originals 024 cropped.jpg

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Cemeteries are a great potential source, both for coded inscriptions on empty graves and also for their geographical locations on map patterns. Likewise, place names for old townsites, mines, landmarks, historic sites, etc - notice the ones that seem to appear in the vicinity of the legends. Put them on your maps. "Adams" is of course a no-brainer, well-used and whose inspiration is traced back to Adams County MS. Another repeating one is "Lone Pine". With your KGC knowledge, LC, I'll bet you will recognize many "coincidences". More carvings to pay attention to are the locations of the many Mystery Glyph panels that have been found throughout the West. Terry Carter broke this ground decades ago and is now realizing, I believe, their apparent connection to the "KGC" phenomenon. Again, add these locations to your mapping database and look for geometrical patterns.

We have an Adams marker that was used on this trail to hide a cache.:occasion14:

L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread