A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Can ANY of you guys expound on Death Traps and their styles like DTH did. I find that interesting. They put a LOT of work into making sure you died for sure. DTH shows a 40 TON Boulder to crush you. Yup, that will do the trick. !!! :tongue3: How much work did it take for them to move a 40 TON Boulder into place after they designed thatt sucker??? They were flat out "NUTS".!!! What say ye Folks ?? PEACE:RONB

Sandy; Any more pictures ?? Stories ??

EnergyShots

Dec 4, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you Sandy are just amazing. This is by far the most amazing information I have ever read on treasure hunting.
I honor your work and the years you have invested. I thank you for sharing and look forward to learning by doing.

Karen Kay

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Barker,
Several of the death traps i have witnessed in the ozarks are not ¨moved¨ boulders, they are large, on a trail, on a slope, and the base is removed so that only a small amount of debris needs to be removed to trigger them. Then they place enticing signs around to encourage digging below them. Gravity does the rest.

tinhorn

Jul 28, 2011
Iḿ talking about the 40+ ton boulders. If you find one of these, study it. It will prove to you they were masters of physics and geometry...and death.

Brian d

Greenie
Aug 10, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Q
In response to your last post about a cross and circle, here is a pic from Treasure Magazine from the 1980s when these guys fond lbs of bars in southern AZ. I'm sure you've read it.

RQTreasureCross1[1].jpg

This cross was the center piece of the entire cache system.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Brian D, two more pieces of information about that setup of the 82 LBs of treasure, they found another rock that had Mayan Numbers on it as part of the system, and they also did not actually pinpoint anything with markers, but used detectors in the general vicinity of the areas they thought the treasure would be. (The Mayan Number Rock is in the middle of the Drawn Map)
Notice the different lengths of each line on the Drawn Map, so if the lines were drawn out at the distances shown (2D overhead view) they would be all out of whack.(There would not be any 90 degree corners making the Cross or the Diamond Shape) This is a classic Case that only the people who had the map could go from the markers back to the caches.(Or people with metal detectors, if you read the story they detected all over the place, and found the treasure caches at less than 2 feet deep)
rqfindmap.jpg

Actual Site.jpg

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi tinhorn; They had to be to move or balance those suckers the way they did. I'm thinking about the sheer passion to kill someone that drove them to do it. They were NUT'S.!!! Inteligent Maniacs.!!! What say ye Folks ?? I await. PEACE:RONB

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Barker these pics are especially for you, and I hope you will
mark them up if you want to, and see what all you can
find carved in the different areas, lights and angles.

I have posted these before. Don't know how much this
boulder weighs, but it has some enticing stuff on, around,
and under it. Looks like it would shift forward and fall down,
with a little help, by moving some material or rock at the base.

Look at the duck head carved on the small rock at the base with
mouth open, like making noise, or warning. There is another open
mouthed duck head carved on another rock, looking close by a setup.

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Brian D, Sandy1, This rock is in the area of that site with owl with a cross and the 2 boulder set up I posted a while back, as well as the heart with rounded lobes in other thread and backside of pyramid style rock with a deep grooved X on it....
I'ts been moved about 10 or 15 feet and broke about 25 years ago when my father in law moved it to it's new resting place in a flower/rock garden ( I once said a long time ago , markers often become flower garden ornaments, heh, now I get to see first hand). The granite rock type is not native to the area, although I know a possible source at a very huge site about 5 miles away. Very strange markings. I have no idea what they are of. They look extremely old.
Odd marker.jpg

Also here are couple more crosses on top of circle I pulled from online. Not sure what they mean yet.
Archaeology, May-June 2015, p. 45 - illustration 2.jpeg

Also that 110 foot measurement on that recorded layout of the 82 lbs is apparently pretty big on some sites. I've seen it written in the rocks in shadow form alot as well. 40 varas.

110 along with 300.... 110 feet 300 degrees. Pretty big number if you can figure out the right compass declination. Should be alignments to help though.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Q
In response to your last post about a cross and circle, here is a pic from Treasure Magazine from the 1980s when these guys fond lbs of bars in southern AZ. I'm sure you've read it.

View attachment 1389273

This cross was the center piece of the entire cache system.

There's a thread somewhere in the "Treasure Legends" category of the TNet forums that discusses that recovery in detail. Assumed by most to be a Jesuit cache, it was determined to have been quite likely hidden and marked by a rich Mexican rancher who was protecting his gold from confiscation by Villa's men during the Revolution.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Q, the 110 feet is 40 varas, I used to think my one saguaro alignment was 40 varas but checked and checked again to the crisscross spot and it always came out to 111 feet not 110, from all of the measurements to saguaros that I have found they actually measured right to the center of where they were planted and not in front or short of them.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it me or does the shadows blend right in to back ground. It look like there are two figures there. I need some more coffee
86a886069f59a4c7c29fb9b5e8e73edf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
It was moved about 25-30 years ago when the property was purchased Bob. Nothing to see in shadow other than the carved grooves and drill marks. It's a big rock, about 18 inches or so across. Some of the cuts and drill holes are hard to see as well. But I can't use it for anything other than just telling me I'm probably in the area of something.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CDS; Here is what I see. Please corect me ok. Thanks

1st Picture: A Snake eating a Heart, A Gators Head, A Man figure, A Dogs Head, Open Mouth Duck Head.

2nd Picture: A Face, A ??, A Cross, A Bearded Figure, Duck head, A Carving of some type, A hoyo ??, Now another figure, A Dogs Head, A Snake or Turtle Head, Gator Head.

3rd Picture : Heart, Turtle. Does the Heart have a Lightning Bolt carved on it ??

4th Picture: Turtle, Gator Head, Heart, Devils Head, #3

5th Picture: #3, Angel, Heart, Turtle.

I noted how things changed, appeared & disappeared as you took the pictures from different angles and lighting. Really Interesting. I await. PEACE:RONB

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Is there a wayy to trip tyhese Death Traps then recover the troves?? PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Barker
If the deathtrap is tripped in the shaft/tunnel and even if nobody is hurt it still creates a blockage that is near to impossible to get past, this is why different people in the past have used dynamite to try and get by these blockages, which always makes things much worse. Of Course some have used dynamite to seal up entrances just to keep others out as well.

Lets not forget about the water traps, they are very real and have something in the shaft that when removed will flood the chamber. So if your close to the water table in your area of interest keep this in mind, don't forget what happened at Oak Island and the Stone that was just before the water trap.
(The water traps are very common in the Philippines as well, which The Spanish actually Owned also)
Here is an Interesting Video and is a very logical piece of information about the Oak island Money pit, and the stone that was found just before the water trap.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Barker,

Not sure there is anything there, and likely no one will ever know.
Like sandy said, it may just be to get someone to waste their time,
even lose their life trying in vain. If it is to block something, would
take a dozer to carefully pull it up out. Not realistic, in that remote
location. Too expensive, and a big gamble, maybe just for nothing.
Thanks for looking, take care.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a very important piece of information, if you find a deathtrap above ground there will never be treasure under it, The reason for this is because the entrance to the treasure cannot have anything marking it above ground, this is why they use alignments to a bare piece of ground for the entrance.
(The Sentinels may have marked it but not the original Spanish/Priests and then only with subtle and natural marks)

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi CDS; I noticed that in the picture that the ground does not appear to be solid or stable. By the way, curious, how did I do on the list of Markers I posted ??
PEACE:RONB

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Barker,
I agree with what you saw, and of course, with what sandy said
about what he has found to be, where there is actually a treasure.
The fact they buried at a minimum of 6' into bedrock, below a bare
surface area spot, with the markers making the crossing alignments,
must be one of the main reasons, why their rare treasures, are not at
all easy to recover. You have to admit, it is a very smart, secret trick.

My personal observation, what was done at a place they must have
frequented often, or just worked around there for all of the seasons:
They did play with their carvings, and make them turn into different
things, at different times, or is it just an illusion, lol. You be the judge.
I think they were masters, also of the mostly unseen changing shadows.

Thanks for commenting, glad you enjoyed it Amigo, take care. We all know
sandy is the most experienced vault hunter to share info. Definitely also, to
ever have done this much research and study, to figure out what was actually
done, consistently. Though there may be some site variations, and a few extra
things they did. I believe the basic and explicit info will work for every site, at
all locations, if it's Spanish. I just don't know if the Indians always let them slip
away when they jumped them, and get to a depository, to bury by the rule. But,
I don't know they didn't either, just a suspicion, based on old treasure tale or two.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread