A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
You also mentioned some kind of a scuffle with some local boys, a while back? Here’s your answer. (in the pictures)……….. If they can’t have it,……..nobody can!

Welcome to the human race.

(…they might have taken pictures of the “original”, before destroying it. But I doubt it)

I’ve seen their kind before. Yeah, …Sentinels. Local coyotes, with over inflated egos.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
This monument was a key in what has been a long journey. We had found a lot of the yard previously, but was still lacking in its set up. In the end, caches were set up as spokes on a wheel, with the center being the largest cache.

That sounds super interesting bonuntr. The spokes on the wheel sounds similar to the Sandy's alignment method; where lines come to a center point which is the dig spot. Would you care to elaborate more on how the spokes on the wheel method was setup at your site? Was there alignments of 2 or more boulders coming in from different directions which would be the "spokes" and did they come to a center point? Were the caches set up in between the boulders that made up the alignments/spokes, and then the biggest cache would be in the center hub?

Please clarify if the setup you found was in any way similar to the alignment method, or if it differed completely, and please elaborate more on where the caches were buried on the spokes.

What you said is very interesting.

Thanks bonuntr.

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Yeap,…somebody beat you to it. Could be a generation ago,…or a week before. (You’ll never know, unless you remember the age of the original “branches” that you removed and replaced.)
The “scooped” rock’s original position is Never on the ground. "

I believe the large boulder is in its original position, not from only its size, but from very many other factors. (more on that later if I get time). I believe they found the large natural boulder most likely the way it appears, and used it for that reason. The original limbs were extremely old, some of them turned to dust. One of them had been axed on both ends, was massive, (20 inch diameter), and was so old that upon removal fell into dozens of shards. The small open triangle at the bottom looks across the wash at a small, (10 inch long) fox head with both ears at full attention. (this may not show in the photos.). The scuffle with the local boys happened in Nevada, this particular monument is on the Utah/ Colorado border, east of Monticello Utah. Never had any troubles around there. I did not waste any time on metal detecting this monument, as I found it to be more of a map of rocks. We followed up on the fox heads alignment, and within 200 varas came to a death trap that was used as a marker, definitley not a burial. The death trap itself sits in the middle of a "yard", with what I believe to have several small caches still untouched. These we have not figured out yet as there is so much going on near the trap. For instance, a small kings throne, 2 small skulls, 3 small hearts, and dozens of other stone cairns, all on a hillside that is less than 200 yards in length, and 50 yards in width.
AIORA,
I have a drawing somewhere of the complete set up....I will dig it out and take a photo to post of the wheel and spokes.
Thanks to all....

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
"The original limbs were extremely old, some of them turned to dust. One of them had been axed on both ends, was massive, (20 inch diameter), and was so old that upon removal fell into dozens of shards."

OK, got you. The small fox (or ground squirrel) at attention, is visible. How about the big black snake, coiled around the shape of the scoop? It is pointing down to a ‘hole’, in its current location.
Could IT be that easy?
If you feel good about your set up, more power to you and good luck in All your quests.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
“Notice the branches broken over the monument. I placed those there, because I had removed the originals. This monument was hidden just north of a main trail in a deep wash. It wasn't meant to be seen by many, I believe the original builders only meant it for those with a map to get to it.”

Well,…you have tire tracks all over that wash/road. Weather yours, or Others’ tracks, is all the same.
The location(s) you describe and took photos of, …have been turned over by many people like you (looking for the same treasure trails) in recent years, also in generations past.
If they are accessible by any mean of modern transportation, …expect just That. Also, expect that the locals are in better knowledge of the area, that you seem to think as remote enough.(weekenders & all)
There may be a lot of T.H.-ers “thinking” of that location and its set-up, but have no idea what to do next. There is no first-come-first-serve situation anywhere, indeed. Weather you/I/we all like it or not, this is the reality of being born a Century +/- ……too late.
That’s not to say, that you can’t enjoy the thrills of the Hunt. Have a great time and be safe.

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There may be a lot of T.H.-ers “thinking” of that location and its set-up, but have no idea what to do next. There is no first-come-first-serve situation anywhere, indeed. Weather you/I/we all like it or not, this is the reality of being born a Century +/- ……too late.

I hate to disagree, but am very sure, (after 4 decades of treasure hunting, and my late fathers 67 years of info), that these are untouched. It is too bad that you are so discouraged before you even set out. Methinks there is still plenty to go round....No proof needed, nuff said.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
They gave the leaning heart an "eye" it looks over the skull faced boulder towards a spot (somewhere directly behind where you stood for the picture). There's a "backsight" in the tree's "V" in the background to help align it. yardstart1 skull line.jpg

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

I hate to disagree, but am very sure, (after 4 decades of treasure hunting, and my late fathers 67 years of info), that these are untouched. It is too bad that you are so discouraged before you even set out. Methinks there is still plenty to go round....No proof needed, nuff said.

bonuntr, I have yet to think any of your posts are boring.
It's intriguing seeing stuff, & not fully realizing 'til pics & study.

Thanks for showing a few of yours, touching on your experiences,
with nice interesting positive & experienced, encouraging tones.:thumbsup:

It's too bad the rest of the story cannot be told.
That's the way it is, & so then the presumption
of some, or say the tricky fishing thereof...
... :sunny: :fish:
:cross:

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I have an interesting question. Black/white? Left /right? As it lays and looks back at you/ or as you look at it? Kind of a biblical right/left "on the cross" type of thing. Given the choice of either when both are presented in one place. 50/50 chance , but rich or dead cause one side is trapped.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
BTW Black is left, right is white as you look at it in this case. A buried marker at the aligned spot, points to something on the black side (left as you see it). But it's all kind of "mirrored" to the other side. Could make a logical argument to go to either side.

Last edited:

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They gave the leaning heart an "eye" it looks over the skull faced boulder towards a spot (somewhere directly behind where you stood for the picture). There's a "backsight" in the tree's "V" in the background to help align it.

GREAT INSIGHT Quinoa! I was so frustrated at the sight tree, and couldn't get any alignments. I will tell you, this works out perfectly to what we found behind where I am standing. If I can find it, I will post a photo of a heart that was buried less than 6 inches just behind where I took the photo. GREAT EYE!
Thanks! I do believe the singular rock in the foreground is a skull, but with so much time, the elements have almost wore it to nothing. Tickles me pink that you picked up how to use the sight tree...... All of you, keep the ideas coming, we may figure out the complete yard...

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below are a couple of photos of one of the sites that the monument led to. It is aptly named the haunted tunnel. First off....I would like to tell you I am a dyed in the wool skeptic when it comes to the supernatural, (at least I was...). This is just one 0f 4 sites that I cannot explain. We have not yet opened this up, (as permitting is a joke), and it is next to impossible to get to. We were able to uncover enough of the tunnel to see into it, and crawl on our belly to the back of it. It is strange from more than one point. There are absolutely no old river beds around this tunnel, not even an ancient one from millions of years ago. (I am a geologist by proxy, not with a degree, but handed down from generation to generation. I must be kind of good at it, as the Phillips Oil company geologists paid me to go with them for insights before they drilled on several occasions. Don't get me wrong, I am not blowing my own horn I am only stating this because I don't want any backlash from folks on the forum doubting my ability when it comes to sedimentary rocks in the area.)
The tunnel has been filled to the hilt with rounded river rocks, stones, and pebbles. Someone carried the material in from???
When we were opening the tunnel, blue smoky looking orbs, (for lack of a better word), came out and hung around with us for quite some time. I got photos of them, that I believe I posted in an earlier post.
Every time we would get into the tunnel, loud booms would begin, like thunder, only deeper in the ground. If you have ever been out in the middle of nowhere in the peace and quiet, you can sometimes hear the earth move. Especially in place like the Drum mountains here in central Utah. I have heard this on many occasions, but the noises from inside this tunnel are completely different. Each time we left the tunnel, within a couple of minutes, the noises would stop. We returned to the tunnel a few weeks later, and again, every time we began inside, it started up. This tunnel has been covered, by someone, at sometime. We have yet to get to the back, but have been within fifteen feet, making the tunnel close to 90 feet. This is one that bothers me at night, wondering why it has been covered, and what in heck is protecting it! With only one walkable trail in, what on earth was happening here? Bytheway, no mineral of any type was found with mass spectrometry.
Anyway, here a couple of photos taken the first day of discovery....
hauntedtunnel1.JPG
hauntedtunnel2.JPG

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The area immediately around the tunnel looks like a heart outline.
Have you went up above the tunnel on the ground and looked at the boulders and terrain and see if they are arranged /modified in way that would suggest an "as above so below" type thing for a crude or abstract "map" of the tunnel?

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Quinoa, good work my friend. It jumped out at me too when I first saw it. I think the laying heart monument with the skull was telling to go a specific direction and that you were to find a heart shape rock outcrop with a covered opening, hence the concave on the laying heart monument telling you there was a covered entrance at the heart. I believe the skull face was also telling you'd find another skull/head at the entrance. It is looking left toward the side with the covered opening. The head has a helmet or some type of hat and a "long line smile" similar to the first skull head that quinoa pointed out. As you stand in front of it you can see the left side face, left eye, nose, and long line smile looking to the left at the covered entrance.

I will highlight it for you guys if you can't see it once I get back from town.

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009

Here's the second skull/head at the tunnel opening:

Heart Skull.JPG

hauntedtunnel1.JPG

The leaning concave heart and the skull, leading you to this heart and skull with the covered opening. So simple and brilliant the way these guys did things at times.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below are a couple of photos of one of the sites that the monument led to. It is aptly named the haunted tunnel. First off....I would like to tell you I am a dyed in the wool skeptic when it comes to the supernatural, (at least I was...). This is just one 0f 4 sites that I cannot explain. We have not yet opened this up, (as permitting is a joke), and it is next to impossible to get to. We were able to uncover enough of the tunnel to see into it, and crawl on our belly to the back of it. It is strange from more than one point. There are absolutely no old river beds around this tunnel, not even an ancient one from millions of years ago. (I am a geologist by proxy, not with a degree, but handed down from generation to generation. I must be kind of good at it, as the Phillips Oil company geologists paid me to go with them for insights before they drilled on several occasions. Don't get me wrong, I am not blowing my own horn I am only stating this because I don't want any backlash from folks on the forum doubting my ability when it comes to sedimentary rocks in the area.)
The tunnel has been filled to the hilt with rounded river rocks, stones, and pebbles. Someone carried the material in from???
When we were opening the tunnel, blue smoky looking orbs, (for lack of a better word), came out and hung around with us for quite some time. I got photos of them, that I believe I posted in an earlier post.
Every time we would get into the tunnel, loud booms would begin, like thunder, only deeper in the ground. If you have ever been out in the middle of nowhere in the peace and quiet, you can sometimes hear the earth move. Especially in place like the Drum mountains here in central Utah. I have heard this on many occasions, but the noises from inside this tunnel are completely different. Each time we left the tunnel, within a couple of minutes, the noises would stop. We returned to the tunnel a few weeks later, and again, every time we began inside, it started up. This tunnel has been covered, by someone, at sometime. We have yet to get to the back, but have been within fifteen feet, making the tunnel close to 90 feet. This is one that bothers me at night, wondering why it has been covered, and what in heck is protecting it! With only one walkable trail in, what on earth was happening here? Bytheway, no mineral of any type was found with mass spectrometry.
Anyway, here a couple of photos taken the first day of discovery....
View attachment 1578772
View attachment 1578773
I see the heart and the eagle. The eagle's wings make up the top of heart.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had the pleasure of desert hunting. Then again it may not be pleasurable. Conditions that is. But I would do it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread