A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks A. here you go.

How I got started in treasure hunting.
The first I heard about treasure hunting was from my friend Mark back in 1988 he told me that his friend Terry Bone (Both are deceased now) had helped an elderly man (Henry Gonzalez) to try and find a doorway that Henry had found years earlier on a mountain near Hillside AZ.
According to Mark the story went that many years after Henry had found this doorway he was told by a treasure hunter that this door led to a treasure hoard, so he made a deal with Terry (to split the treasure) in order for Terry to help him dig out this doorway which according to Henry's description was partially filled with caliche and he could see back into the tunnel because it wasn't sealed all the way to the top.
I talked with Terry and this is the story he told me, Henry had a son Brian who worked at the Bagdad mine some 30 miles away from the treasure area, Brian had a Sand rail, so Henry and Terry borrowed the rail to get closer to the mountain. This is where things really started going wrong.
They were towing the rail from Bagdad to Hillside when the trailer the rail was on came off the hitch and slammed into the side of a hill breaking part of the Rail, so they went back to Bagdad and had Henry's son weld the broken part back together on the rail.
This of course made them several hours later than expected and for some reason they chose the middle of summer to do this treasure hunt.
They finally made it back to the mountain and were hiking up it when more bad luck hit, after getting to the top Henry just wanted to sit down and Terry couldn't get him up and moving again, once Terry realized there was something very wrong he hiked down to the sand rail without Henry then drove the 30 miles back to Bagdad where he contacted the Police which got a helicopter and airlifted Henry from the mountain, I actually talked to the officers who were in the helicopter and they said it was 120 degrees in the helicopter that day.
According to Terry Henry had a Stroke and Heart problem on the mountain and after getting him to the hospital they ended up amputating his arm.
We reached out to Henry and he had absolutely no interest in the treasure apparently thinking it was cursed.
So after I heard all of this I hiked all over this mountain and was super excited when I found a doorway of boulders which was stood up like Stonehenge, at this time Charles A Kenworthy had written books about markers and deathraps to Spanish Treasures, so me and my family started talking with him and we sent him a picture of this Stonehenge type doorway and he told us it was a Spanish corner marker for a mining claim, so he made plans with my parents to come out to Hillside and help us locate the treasure that he said was there.
We were all set but yet again tragedy struck, the week Kenworthy was supposed to be at our treasure location we found out he was admitted to the Hospital in CA, and 45 days later he passed away from Lung Cancer.
So after all of this several years go by and my Dad was taking a picture of a monument with a canon film camera when he caught an aura off to the side of the picture, he never thought anything of it but one day my mom was showing me the picture and I went to the spot out of curiosity and that was when I realized we stumbled onto something big according to the markers at the spot.
A few more years go by and I just happened to be hiking around the hill from the aura and I saw something that came right out of Kenworthys deathtrap book A doorway with a lighting bolt next to it.
I cant even tell you the excitement I felt after all these years of looking for a doorway then finding it my heart was beating out of my chest.
So there you have it my first experience with treasure hunting spread out over many years.

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Thank you Sandy1 for posting your first experience with treasure hunting. It must have been surreal to find that door with the lightning bolt! For some odd reason it seems you're immune to the tragedies and curses that many others encounter while trying to find these treasures.

I believe you were destined by a higher power to find these and I also believe that it was this higher force that allowed for you to have a willing heart to be able to (against all human nature) share such amazing information for ALL to see and use.

So thank you for being a yielded vessel to be used for progress and for good, to bring out the TRUTH on Spanish treasure hunting and for not allowing the blind to keep leading the blind.

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks sandy, that is very interesting, probably one of the
coolest TH stories when you kept after it, & made discoveries.
I have to agree with AIORIA, it seems some are able to get it
done, kinda' mysteriously, like they're chosen, & meant to be,
maybe even directed over a period of time, with persistence.
Hard or impossible to explain, but not just luck it seems...
Awesome intro, for your eventual book of stories or Bio. 8-) :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft: :goldtrophy:

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
We've discussed in the past on this thread about how to protect oneself from the noxious gases that come out of the ground etc. Sandy1 has discussed that fact that there will be cap rocks such as the "wolf" cap rock example that he posted.. An interesting topic we can all discuss and contribute to with regards to cap rocks are the different ways and tools one can use to remove them.

I've heard of all different types of ideas like using winches, come alongs, dynamite! LOL, but what are some other ideas you guys think would work good for such purpose.

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A I like using a small bottle jack they are super inexpensive, I like a high lift jack or they can be called a handy man jack and my favorite is a 1 1/2 ton lever block chain hoist. But some one stole my lever block hoist out of the back of my truck at the trail head a good friend gave it to me that worked in the mines. They use them to pull timbers in with man I miss that hoist and my friend to he died of cancer about 10 years ago.

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
A I like using a small bottle jack they are super inexpensive, I like a high lift jack or they can be called a handy man jack and my favorite is a 1 1/2 ton lever block chain hoist. But some one stole my lever block hoist out of the back of my truck at the trail head a good friend gave it to me that worked in the mines. They use them to pull timbers in with man I miss that hoist and my friend to he died of cancer about 10 years ago.

I'm sorry about your friend. Good friends are very hard to come by these days, must be even harder to lose one. Those are some good options you mentioned there cyzak. I know the old timers probably would have used a method where they make a hot fire on the stone to get the rock really hot, then pour water on the rock and this would make it explode and crack due to the quick change in temperature. I don't know if this method works as I've never tried it but heard it mentioned in various places online. Maybe some of you with experience would be able to give some insight on this method and any other alternatives you may know about.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been in a situation where our campfire was hot enough to split a large flint stone during a sudden rain shower.

If you use this method, and if there is any flint stone involved, you need to have a safe place to hide.

When that happened, we were in our tent and one of the shards went through the tent wall and burned another hole in the floor.

It wasn’t a controlled procedure, it was just a good lesson in thermal dynamics.

Mother Nature is a tuff teacher. She gives the test first, then the lesson!

#/;0{>~

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been in a situation where our campfire was hot enough to split a large flint stone during a sudden rain shower.

If you use this method, and if there is any flint stone involved, you need to have a safe place to hide.

When that happened, we were in our tent and one of the shards went through the tent wall and burned another hole in the floor.

It wasn’t a controlled procedure, it was just a good lesson in thermal dynamics.

#/;0{>~
ALL NATURAL AND FREE ---------- :laughing7::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Something interesting to mention here, or rather something I have noticed, no professional (successful) treasure hunters have contacted me about helping me on any of the very real treasure hunting sites I have shown on here, so I have to assume there aren't any professional treasure hunters who go after these types of treasures out there or they are afraid of getting caught.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Something interesting to mention here, or rather something I have noticed, no professional (successful) treasure hunters have contacted me about helping me on any of the very real treasure hunting sites I have shown on here, so I have to assume there aren't any professional treasure hunters who go after these types of treasures out there or they are afraid of getting caught.

Your guide is extensive. It would be risky to search on public land. You must have some reservations yourself because there is information you can’t give. I’m interested in the history of the trails you are following but even that requires caution. If I ask you a question, and you answer it, that could indicate illegal activity and possible legal action.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Your guide is extensive. It would be risky to search on public land. You must have some reservations yourself because there is information you can’t give. I’m interested in the history of the trails you are following but even that requires caution. If I ask you a question, and you answer it, that could indicate illegal activity and possible legal action.

I agree.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

#/;0{>~

Hey MIKEL, Sounds like it was a really hot experiment! :tongue3:

As young teens trout fishing at the foot of the San Gabriel's in So. Cal.,

our campfire would occasionally send rock chips flying in different directions.:icon_scratch: ???

No one ever got hit, but it was apparently good luck, & caution plum thrown to the wind. :laughing7::coffee2:

Last edited:

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

I did ask you about helping on the big aura one, with the loud spirits I believe...8-)

Much actual treasure hunting is kinda' risky or dangerous, hazardous or frowned upon I reckon, but speeding or jaywalking is also. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
CDS, I was talking about people who have already dug up these types of treasures wanting to be involved with some of my projects (since I already have some of the treasures narrowed down to within 50 feet, anybody who understands the hearts would definitely know this to be true from my pictures) there are people that have said they know more than I do so instead of advice why not actually show me what they know in the field.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I am sure they go after them I have seen the evidence they run under a secret society of close net group. There belief is loose lips sink ships after all they would not want some one else finding there reward. I have on occasion ran into a few knowing the have good Intel but not wanting to get any one else involved in there expeditions.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume they dont want you to make it public, or are just a bunch of arm chair guys. Maybe they are afraid they may find one of these?
View attachment 1619420
2 weekends in a row. 2 Weeks ago it was a green mohave that was 1' from my dog who almost stepped on him. The dog actually just stood there, almost over top, and did not see him (no rattling but coiled) . Then this one Saturday, again, coiled but did not rattle and also stayed there for 15 min after I went through as my wife spotted the same one after almost stepping on him.
Like you said. Not for the squeamish!

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I say head on a swivel never know what might be out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread