A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I am on the radio right now. goldfeverradio.com
If you missed it they will have it on the past shows list (down near the bottom) in a day or two, I am the last one to talk but the entire show is interesting and Rick (one of the speakers) has been out with me to several of my treasure sites.
I really hate my recorded voice lol. I stumbled a bit due to the fact that I was a littlebit nervous and I had no sleep the night before as my electric went out at 9 pm (from a lightning storm) and didn't come back on until 6 AM the morning of the interview. I sweltered all night long, it gets hot around here this time of year.

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
If you missed it they will have it on the past shows list (down near the bottom) in a day or two, I am the last one to talk but the entire show is interesting and Rick (one of the speakers) has been out with me to several of my treasure sites.
I really hate my recorded voice lol. I stumbled a bit due to the fact that I was a littlebit nervous and I had no sleep the night before as my electric went out at 9 pm (from a lightning storm) and didn't come back on until 6 AM the morning of the interview. I sweltered all night long, it gets hot around here this time of year.

Gosh darn it. lol, I tuned in last week and found out it wasn't gonna be until this week, and I had that on my to do list. I completely forgot about it with all the rat race of regular life and forgot to tune in today.

Sandy, don't sweat it partner lol. So you were nervous and had a few hiccups. Not the end of the world amigo!

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the interview very interesting and informative cant wait to here more I will have to add some more safety equipment to my pack though.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I listened to it and realized that I said 1998 instead of 1988 about my first treasure hunting experience, the reason for 98 is because my stepdad had caught the aura at that spot in 1998 and we had been just talking about that off tape, so I screwed up on that one.
I also sent him (the radio host) the info (the same story I posted here about my first treasure hunting experience) but he never ended up reading it.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the first time on a radio show you did good hopefully you will be on there some more you could tell Jack was blown away by your commentary on the locating of treasure aura.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The HEART is the most common Spanish symbol for GOLD.As most of you know, this symbolism came from a few sources, the main one being from Montezume asked Cortez why do you so desire GOLD and Cortez answered. Because we Spaniards have a disease of the heart that is curable only by GOLD. The heart symbol for GOLD was often used on maps simply to advise that the map would lead to treasure of GOLD or a Gold mine however and of greatest importance both on maps and in the immediate area of the mine/treasure. The Spanish would add to, change or delete a portion of the " PURE HEART" symbol. In such a manner that it would convert the heart GOLD meaning to a death trap meaning/message.

sqaush

Feb 25, 2015
arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got thru listening. You did a great job!

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The HEART is the most common Spanish symbol for GOLD.As most of you know, this symbolism came from a few sources, the main one being from Montezume asked Cortez why do you so desire GOLD and Cortez answered. Because we Spaniards have a disease of the heart that is curable only by GOLD. The heart symbol for GOLD was often used on maps simply to advise that the map would lead to treasure of GOLD or a Gold mine however and of greatest importance both on maps and in the immediate area of the mine/treasure. The Spanish would add to, change or delete a portion of the " PURE HEART" symbol. In such a manner that it would convert the heart GOLD meaning to a death trap meaning/message.

Yep that's what Kenworthy said, seems like I am always going against what other treasure hunters have said.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep that's what Kenworthy said, seems like I am always going against what other treasure hunters have said.

Maybe not just going against others, but also expanding with keen observations,
& your personal experience formed interpretations. Probably often more accurate...:thumbsup:
Since it obviously works for you, work for others too, the same similar applications.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the link with me on the radio

Gold Fever Radio | Showreel | Mixlr

8/8/2018 I start at 1:26:50 You can move the time after pushing play.

I liked it a lot too sandy. You hit on all of the high points you could in the short 15+ minutes,
& kept giving historical info, to project the big picture. Very well done for the first time Amigo,
looking forward to more. Nice hearing you speak, puts 3D life into the information, cool stuff! :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
I liked it a lot too sandy. You hit on all of the high points you could in the short 15+ minutes,
& kept giving historical info, to project the big picture. Very well done for the first time Amigo,
looking forward to more. Nice hearing you speak, puts 3D life into the information, cool stuff! :icon_thumright::icon_thumleft:

I second that CDS. Great interview and I hope this isn't the last time we get to hear you speak Sandy1. Just wish they'd given you 3 hours to talk in depth instead of 15 minutes lol.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My acquaintance is asking what the image came off of if possible painting, vase, plate, shield, if you do not want to say that is ok he will keep on it.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
According to his books, he sent someone to Spain and had access to their archives.

The requirements to access the Archivo General de Indios in Seville are very substantial. Many people believe you can just walk in, pull stuff off the shelves and thumb through it like you would library books, but that's a pipe dream. First, you need scholarly credentials. Then you put in an application, listing the exact documents ahead of time that you wish to review. Then, if approved, you follow the rigorous procedures in the building. If you want the truth, read this: General Archive of the Indies, Seville | Dissertation Reviews

I've been there a couple times. It's a great place with lots of cool stuff you can see walking in off the street, but as stated above, if you're looking for specific old documents, it's a long drawn out and tedious deal. I asked the guard at the entrance if he ever encountered treasure hunters looking for secrets. He laughed and said, "Every week or two some bonehead from the US comes in looking for the old maps to mines and secret royal documents. Where do you guys get those ideas?"

Archives.jpg

Code.jpg

Last edited:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Sandy1, you mentioned in your interview about the "holes" on top of mountains. Were you referring to the "hoyo" which is a hole in the rock or boulder that you can see through it or were you talking about something else?

You also mentioned the number 3 and that sometimes you can find 3 fingers carved. When you do find 3 fingers, are they usually found close to the treasures since they are much smaller in size compared to the number 3 which can be huge?

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The requirements to access the Archivo General de Indios in Seville are very substantial. Many people believe you can just walk in, pull stuff off the shelves and thumb through it like you would library books, but that's a pipe dream. First, you need scholarly credentials. Then you put in an application, listing the exact documents ahead of time that you wish to review. Then, if approved, you follow the rigorous procedures in the building. If you want the truth, read this: General Archive of the Indies, Seville | Dissertation Reviews

I've been there a couple times. It's a great place with lots of cool stuff you can see walking in off the street, but as stated above, if you're looking for specific old documents, it's a long drawn out and tedious deal. I asked the guard at the entrance if he ever encountered treasure hunters looking for secrets. He laughed and said, "Every week or two some bonehead from the US comes in looking for the old maps to mines and secret royal documents. Where do you guys get those ideas?"

View attachment 1620384

View attachment 1620385
Sandy is this guy one of those professional treasure hunters that you have been wanting answer some of your questions.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandy is this guy one of those professional treasure hunters that you have been wanting answer some of your questions.

I think if you read back on him you would agree that he is a very good candidate for a sentinel.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandy1, you mentioned in your interview about the "holes" on top of mountains. Were you referring to the "hoyo" which is a hole in the rock or boulder that you can see through it or were you talking about something else?

You also mentioned the number 3 and that sometimes you can find 3 fingers carved. When you do find 3 fingers, are they usually found close to the treasures since they are much smaller in size compared to the number 3 which can be huge?

Anytime you find a man made hole (at least in an area that holes are not natural) it was generally made during the Spanish era and represents a treasure storage area. The holes I am talking about are almost always meant to be seen from a distance not up close so most are fairly large, and in most cases the hole/hoyos outline will be in the shape of something such as a eye a heart a bear head a owl etc. etc. there are many shapes, and that is pretty good verification it is man made. These holes are always put in strategic locations so they can be easily seen such as a canyon entrance or seen from a wash or the first mountain you come to on a mountain range etc.

Here is a man made Hole/Hoyo that shows this mountain range has storages.
1 (73).JPG

Here is the standard shape of the number Three from the Spanish Clergy.
1 (101).jpg

These three fingers I showed before in this picture are within feet of the entrance.
1 (14).jpg

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if you read back on him you would agree that he is a very good candidate for a sentinel.
I agree I ran into him on another thread and he thinks that the Spaniards never even came out of the Mexico.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread