A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The juniper trees are a HUGE part of what they did. I have seen many junipers that have been formed in to full circles, and even 2 that were helixed together perfectly. For the most part, the ones that have mattered most in my experience has been either the shaped and burned, (as a treatment to make them hard as stone), gunsight trees, and cut junipers that start at approx. 1 foot high, graduating over several to 10 feet or higher. There are also trees that mark the trail, tell you when to stop and turn around, to make a fork, and so on. Some are cut in specific ways telling you to look high, look low, and to stay the same eleveations around a hill or mountain. The junipers that have been blazed were very important to them, (at least in my opinion), as juniper bark is would dull axes quickly. They have also been important to me, as when they begin to grow over the blaze, they can be ring dated. The oldest I have been able to date is circa 1730 when the blaze was made.
There are so many different pinyon pine, juniper, and once in a great while a mountain mahagoney that your will find blazed, someone should do a treatise on the subject, much as Sandy1 has done with this revealing thread..

If you want to use trees for permanent markers, forget the pines, aspens, etc., as their lifespans are relatively short and are prone to disease, insects and fire. Oaks are good, and other hardwoods too.

We have alligator junipers here. Millions of them in SW New Mexico. The biggest live one I've seen is six feet in diameter and over sixty feet tall - the experts say it might be a thousand years old. I've run across hundreds of big stumps in the hills that measure 2-3 feet in diameter and were cut down by miners or the cavalry 150 years ago. Those stumps are solid as a rock in the ground with only a small amount of pitting formed in the saw marks on the top surface. They look like they'll last hundreds more years without much or any degradation. They're bullet-proof. A Ponderosa pine stump will rot completely away in ten years. Pinons are not much better.

In addition to a chiseled carving on an unmovable rock surface, a cut juniper stump is an excellent permanent sign in the forest. At least three stumps in a straight line is a terrific directional pointer. Same goes for a series of cut trees that form a pattern. A big fire will burn a dead standing juniper, but the main trunk or stump will rarely if ever be consumed. Axe blazes on junipers are a good bet too.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't measured, but I can tell you that the bigger the turtle the farther you are away from the site itself. they will be smaller and more abstract once you get really close or right at the site. the hearts at my site, 2 of them are in the canyon and they are quite large, one of them has a lobe that points the direction to the site, its just to let you know that your on the correct path and to keep going! that much I can confirm 100%
This is excellent info thank you for sharing it with us.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is excellent info thank you for sharing it with us.

you are very welcome. in one of my other posts I talked about one of the hearts down in the canyon when hiking to the site, the only time it is visible is when the setting sun shines upon it, and has a very distinct #2 carved into the center of the heart, I have no idea what the #2 means or relates to...but it has my full attention when I go back in a few weeks. I have been working at this site for a very long time...and just now starting the recovery. it is a very large area to cover, very nasty terrain indeed. have had a few close calls where I almost met my maker! I don't recommend places like this to just anyone, I have been known to do a lot of crazy things...this is way up on the list!

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
It was definently man made, it is a very old site. All of the monuments are massive, don’t really know how a person could miss them. They left a map carved on a tree right off the trail, break the code and the treasure is yours. I would also like to state I never had anyone help me figure any of this out. Have plenty of pics and videos to prove it

I am curious when you mention the map on the tree and breaking its code I would love to hear more about this code/map and also if it was absolutely needed or could you find the cache without the map by just using the markers?

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If you want to use trees for permanent markers, forget the pines, aspens, etc., as their lifespans are relatively short

Depends on the elevation among other things. Ponderosa Pines between Crystal Peak and Pike's Peak are documented to be up to 800 years old. How would a cajun know this? The Ute used to bend ponderosa pines during one of their rites. They claimed that "the leaves would carry their prayers to the creator for 800 years."

Some of the trees were cored, and they can live up to 800 years.

Here in parts of the south, the sycamore has also been used. We have some here that are in excess of 800 years old as well.

Just because it is scientific truth.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious when you mention the map on the tree and breaking its code I would love to hear more about this code/map and also if it was absolutely needed or could you find the cache without the map by just using the markers?

I suppose one wouldn’t need the map if you were good enough at following the monuments, but it’s just satisfying to break the map/code. Makes me feel like i accomplished something especially after working at it for so long

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I suppose one wouldn’t need the map if you were good enough at following the monuments, but it’s just satisfying to break the map/code. Makes me feel like i accomplished something especially after working at it for so long
I know you said there were no measurements, but the map must of had directions and distances?

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you said there were no measurements, but the map must of had directions and distances?

ill just say this, if I hadn't found the map...I could of walked all over those mountains and wouldn't have found the site. and yes it had directions and distance on the map leading you to the correct place. every marking/slash I found on the tree/map corresponds to what is at the site, for those who say maps don't exist...they most certainly do! just a lot of misinformed individuals who want to find lost treasure

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
ill just say this, if I hadn't found the map...I could of walked all over those mountains and wouldn't have found the site. and yes it had directions and distance on the map leading you to the correct place. every marking/slash I found on the tree/map corresponds to what is at the site, for those who say maps don't exist...they most certainly do! just a lot of misinformed individuals who want to find lost treasure

That’s been my experience. The map showed three symbols that turned out to be the last three symbols of the layout. A heart symbol was used to show the direction of the setup. The heart was used more like a drawn bow than a heart. If you imagine the heart as a drawn bow with an arrow in it, you go in the direction the arrow would fly. I’ve seen the same technique used with an owl to give direction. You start your line at the tail and run it between the ears for your direction.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

That would make more sense that you would need a map to decode the markers at the site, which is just as I have been saying all along that there is missing information in the field from the markers to the final dig spot.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though you didn't measure I would really like to know the distance that the map showed?

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is probably one of the biggest questions I get asked,when I am showing a cache location "where were they mining?" and my answer is always the same, the locations I show for the most part (unless specified as a mine) are not mining areas but cache areas only, which means they hauled processed ore to a storage vault. So understanding mining has pretty much nothing to do with these storages what is important are the markers, and the fact that they were put in a place that was easy to find again when they came back, such as below a Peak or on the side of a wash etc.
This goes along with my theory that they had a crew that set these sites up so all they had to do was deposit it and go. There was so much work done in carving rocks and setting them up I find it hard to believe they would have the time to do it. Now I am not saying that all were like this but I bet there were a few of these and I am pretty sure the site I am on was one of them. I have way to many things going on to have just been a quick stash and go I believe they located these in heavy Indian territory mostly around were the traveled thru sacred ground areas. I know a few people do not believe this because how could a person work so hard to get something and just hide it I believe it would be retrieved and under heavy guard at a later date.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though you didn't measure I would really like to know the distance that the map showed?

Can’t post that pic sandy1, I keep everything private until I’m done with the site. This is going to take awhile. There’s a lot at this spot. I researched a treasure legend, wanted to see if it was true, I made several and I reiterate several trips out there, put the time in, lots of money spent, and just started finding things. A marker here a marker there, one thing I’ll share with everyone. Learn from others mistakes, if you want to find treasure go where no other human will venture. If it was easy everyone would do it HA

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
This goes along with my theory that they had a crew that set these sites up so all they had to do was deposit it and go. There was so much work done in carving rocks and setting them up I find it hard to believe they would have the time to do it. Now I am not saying that all were like this but I bet there were a few of these and I am pretty sure the site I am on was one of them. I have way to many things going on to have just been a quick stash and go I believe they located these in heavy Indian territory mostly around were the traveled thru sacred ground areas. I know a few people do not believe this because how could a person work so hard to get something and just hide it I believe it would be retrieved and under heavy guard at a later date.

I have been to so many sites around AZ that have the shaft signs, owls, turtles, hearts, kings thrones etc. its pretty much impossible to believe that there is not a kings code involved, the only way to deny the kings code is to deny all the Same type of markers at multiple sites hundreds of miles apart, which I have actually seen a few people do.

Last edited:

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the code came from the ancients, was passed down, modified, and used by all others. The spanish used some a lot,but did not use those they did not understand. When you see modern tech depicted that is ancients.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the code came from the ancients, was passed down, modified, and used by all others. The spanish used some a lot,but did not use those they did not understand. When you see modern tech depicted that is ancients.

I have a question for you since your talking the code, do you happen to have a theory on why turtles or hearts or owls or ducks are related to treasure

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

I agree with you, Hoofer.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kings code was instrumental in me locating a Spanish mine a couple of years ago what was the craziest though was they brought trees in Balm of Gilead trees to this area and transplanted them.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
The kings code was instrumental in me locating a Spanish mine a couple of years ago what was the craziest though was they brought trees in Balm of Gilead trees to this area and transplanted them.
Honestly the Spanish mines are Super easy to find out here and they are all filled in. I know where there are dozens of them.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

You're on target, cz. You might consider that most of this work was done beginning after the Civil War and ending in the 1930s, more or less. The carvings and arcane coded messages were created as insurance to confuse those who find and try to follow them. Many sites were reintroduced in the 1980s. Those who created the caches had long-term vision, and when it became clear to the elites that our fiat money system was ultimately destined to fail, they protected their hard assets. When precious metals are returned to be a basis of currency, you'll see those families retrieve their caches. By the way, you're right about the Native Americans too - the original Confederate Underground established a strong bond with many of the tribes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread